Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus: October Preview

Sep 27, 2013

Awesome month! People really need to learn to appreciate this. $5 a month for lots of content? Wow! I already bought and got Platinum for Kingdoms of Alamur, but still an awesome game worth many playthoughs.  Smiley Very Happy

I said this in the blog and I'll say this again. There is a bug in Kingdoms of Alamur that people should be aware of:

Spoiler
Kingdoms of Alamur has a game-breaking bug in it. If you don’t like spoilers, ignore this. But this is pretty important to let others know.
There is a desert camp in a small area of the desert. There are a few side quests. One of them involves a bridge-like area and water. Do not do this unless you’re done with everything else. If you do something wrong in it or if you leave without completing the side-mission, it will disable the fast-travel. That will literally RUIN the game for you. So either skip those side missions or do those last if you want to 100% the game.

Message 11 of 126 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 27, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:
Slightly disappointed that it’s two indie titles for Vita, but at least they’re actually native Vita games and not PSP crap!

Actually, now that I think about it further, I'm shouldn't have been surprised that it's two indie titles this month, as the following month is November, the one-year anniversary of Vita entering IGC - which means a AAA refresh! Bye bye GR and Uncharted, hello ... ??

I'm thinking maybe LBP Vita and P4G, as those would be two of the top Vita games available. LBP Vita is probably a given with Tearaway coming, but maybe they'd think P4G is too niche to draw sales as a one-year mainstay.

Message 12 of 126 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4461 posts

Sep 27, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:
Slightly disappointed that it’s two indie titles for Vita, but at least they’re actually native Vita games and not PSP crap!

Actually, now that I think about it further, I'm shouldn't have been surprised that it's two indie titles this month, as the following month is November, the one-year anniversary of Vita entering IGC - which means a AAA refresh! Bye bye GR and Uncharted, hello ... ??

I'm thinking maybe LBP Vita and P4G, as those would be two of the top Vita games available. LBP Vita is probably a given with Tearaway coming, but maybe they'd think P4G is too niche to draw sales as a one-year mainstay.

Yup November should be good for the Vita as Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA, and Wipeout should all be replaced. I think LBP Vita, PS All Stars, or P4G are all likely candidates to replace them.

Message 13 of 126 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Yup November should be good for the Vita as Gravity Rush, Uncharted GA, and Wipeout should all be replaced. I think LBP Vita, PS All Stars, or P4G are all likely candidates to replace them.

Oh yeah, forgot about Wipeout. Yay, three titles! Even better! Smiley Very Happy

The only reason I wouldn't think PSASBR is because it's cross-buy/cross-platform and the PS3 already has its "mainstays" :shrug:

Maybe Soul Sacrifice? Especially since Delta is coming (Japan for now, but probably NA eventually).

I already own both (PSASBR & SS), so doesn't really matter to me either way.

Message 14 of 126 (456 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30942 posts

Sep 27, 2013
It's Shadow of the Colossus for me

Kingdoms of Amalur sounds good too
Message 15 of 126 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

If only I hadn't taken advantage of purchasing these games on PC already haha.   Hotline Miami and Sine Mora on with Humble Bundle (best gaming deal out of all formats imo), KoA on sale a few months back for $7.50 with all dlcs, and Poker Night 2 on Steam which was cheap I would REALLY enjoy the selection of games.  I do own the Vita version of Sine Mora though and yeah its fantastic for sure.  That being said this is still a pretty darn good list of free games for PS+ .  Would I have liked to see the EU lineup?  Sure who wouldn't, but hey the games are free so really there is nothing to complain about as far as the selection were given.  For me personally though its just been unlucky that I've already owned pretty much all the games given out the last 3 months.

Message 16 of 126 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1235 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Found Alamur extremely generic and boring when I tried it last year, but I guess i'll give it another chance. Already have the rest of it, but some nice additions nonetheless, particularly Hotline Miami.
Message 17 of 126 (431 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Sep 27, 2013
I already own all of those games digitally Smiley Sad

Well im going to be playing gta online and pokemon until the ps4 comes out so really what does it matter.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 18 of 126 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Sep 28, 2013

grumpycat good

Can't wait to check out Kingdoms of Amalur and geek out. I'm also loving the variety and quantity this time around.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 19 of 126 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Sep 28, 2013

This is an impressive and varied lineup - did anyone else notice that the Hotline: Miami is the crossbuy version?  SCORE.  If all goes to plan, I'll be getting a Vita sometime in October, right after I pay off my PS4, so, I have a ton of Vita games i am dying to play. 

I do own Shadow of the Colossus (got it during the summer sale), but am glad to see that so many people will be able to get their hands on it.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 20 of 126 (396 Views)
0 Likes