Oct 02 2012
By: mainkster Lombax Warrior 178 posts

PlayStation Plus Stacking Time Question

[ Edited ]
19 replies 5245 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

just bought i year , but when i check remaining time it says 3 days , how long does it take to show up on system ? is this normal

<CM edit by mochuu: edited the title to be a question, since that's what this post is> 

i don't have a pc i use ps3 browser
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (5,245 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4638 posts

Re: playstation plus doesn't stack remaining time

Oct 2, 2012
Where are you checking? The only way to verify your expiry date is by checking on your PS3 via XMB>Account Management>Services>PlayStation Plus>PlayStation Plus. This reflects your true expiry date.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (5,244 Views)
VP of Gaming
27678 posts

Oct 2, 2012

PlayStation Plus subscriptions DO stack, like Spy said where are you looking exactly?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (5,226 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Oct 5, 2012

i go to game press triangle > information , it was saying 3 days left , what i did was redownload all my games but cancelled as soon as it started now it says 733 days but not all games give the time remaining . the good thing was that when i bought plus all the games were on top in my download list. i actually bought 2 year of plus to take advantage of the october spend 100$ . it comes to 40$ a plus . i was suprised to see how many games i got with plus in 15 month when i bought the 1 year +3 months special , about 130 games total , but alot of them were minis and ps1 , i like it better now 3 or 4 psn games a month , don't really play the ps1 games , the minis i played on my psp

i don't have a pc i use ps3 browser
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (5,160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 5, 2012

mainkster wrote:

i go to game press triangle > information , it was saying 3 days left , what i did was redownload all my games but cancelled as soon as it started now it says 733 days but not all games give the time remaining . the good thing was that when i bought plus all the games were on top in my download list. i actually bought 2 year of plus to take advantage of the october spend 100$ . it comes to 40$ a plus . i was suprised to see how many games i got with plus in 15 month when i bought the 1 year +3 months special , about 130 games total , but alot of them were minis and ps1 , i like it better now 3 or 4 psn games a month , don't really play the ps1 games , the minis i played on my psp

**bleep**, that's pretty smart. Would consider doing the same if I had $100. I'm sure others will take advantage.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (5,158 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Oct 5, 2012

SpyDudeFX wrote:
Where are you checking? The only way to verify your expiry date is by checking on your PS3 via XMB>Account Management>Services>PlayStation Plus>PlayStation Plus. This reflects your true expiry date.

Hate to be picky, but this is slightly incorrect (I just tried this).

The correct path is XMB>Account Management>Transaction Management>Services List>Playstation Plus>Playstation Plus

Otherwise thanks for the tip. I wasn't sure the exact date I signed up and I was looking for some sort of history.

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed III, Ni No Kuni
Want to play: Tales of Xillia, inFAMOUS Second Son!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (5,149 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4638 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Oh thanks, I was going off memory and haven't checked it in months lol Glad you found it.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (5,145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
876 posts

Re: PlayStation Plus Stacking Time Question

Oct 7, 2012

so can i buy a 1 year package on top of 3 months purchase?. Stupid me buying the 3 months

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (5,114 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27678 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Killa4Hire wrote:

so can i buy a 1 year package on top of 3 months purchase?. Stupid me buying the 3 months

Yes you can.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (5,111 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1462 posts

Oct 8, 2012

yeah if you push triangle on a game you got in Plus, it states the original expiration date of your Plus at the time that you downloaded that game. f you've stacked time since you first downloaded that game, it won't update that date. It's a wrinkle that we're trying to iron out. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (5,071 Views)
0 Likes