Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2014
By: Charles-Lucane First Son 17 posts

PlayStation Vita games?

[ Edited ]
13 replies 179 views Edited Feb 25, 2014

Do you think the playstation vita is worth it's price with the games it provides? I personally believe it does with just digea three. It also has the mgs hd collection, and the jak series.

Edit: Updated label and title. For more information on labels, click here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 14 (179 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31101 posts

Re: PlayStation Vita games?

Feb 25, 2014

I can't justify getting a VITA right now, even the 'recent' price drop, the games offered (somewhat limited for my personal tastes), the remote-play feature, the lack of a decent memory card at a decent price all still mean I'm going to hold off for now, maybe Christmas!

BRIT-KO

Message 2 of 14 (174 Views)
Survivor
2594 posts

Feb 25, 2014

What kind of games are you looking for? You can get a $200 Borderlands 2 with 8 GB card VITA Slim bundle, wait for a different bundle or maybe find a store exclusive bundle that includes a decent game and memory card.  I found a pretty good PS VITA 1000 bundle on amazon last month that included a carrying case, a 4 GB card and 2 games all for $200.  I also bought LBP VITA and Tearaway and they are both great games! 

Message 3 of 14 (157 Views)
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Feb 25, 2014

You could do what I did and prowl eBay for someone unloading an old system.  I got the system, several memory cards and a bunch of games for less than what a stand-alone system was running for at the time.

There are some really great games - Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a blast, Killzone is awesome, Tearaway shouldn't be missed.  Then there's Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Injustice, etc. etc. etc.

So, yeah, to answer your question, I absolutely think it's worth it.

Message 4 of 14 (151 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Feb 25, 2014

PaperCarrier wrote:

What kind of games are you looking for? You can get a $200 Borderlands 2 with 8 GB card VITA Slim bundle, wait for a different bundle or maybe find a store exclusive bundle that includes a decent game and memory card.  I found a pretty good PS VITA 1000 bundle on amazon last month that included a carrying case, a 4 GB card and 2 games all for $200.  I also bought LBP VITA and Tearaway and they are both great games! 

I already have the vita, I bought the instant game collection. I love it so far for just disgea 3 alone, but jak and daxter is a blast from my past. I can't wait to get metal gear collection and borderlands 2 for it. Also the mobile play on the ps4 is really awesome. I was just seeing what everyone else thought about it.

Message 5 of 14 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Feb 25, 2014

I have a Vita.  I tried the MGS HD Collection for it.  Thought those games were absolutely awful.  Am enjoying Golden Abyss though.

Message 6 of 14 (135 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18908 posts

Feb 25, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

I tried the MGS HD Collection for it.  Thought those games were absolutely awful.

Were they awful in terms of gameplay fidelity or were they awful just because the games were awful games? This is important to know.

Message 7 of 14 (133 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11243 posts

Feb 25, 2014

It all depends on if you think there's enough games on the Vita that you're looking to play now or in the days to come. Having had about a year's worth of free PlayStation Plus games in my catalogue, I decided to take the plunge and pick up a Vita in the last couple of months. That on top of there being some games of interest on sale is what made the decision worthwhile.

So far on the Vita I've been enjoying games such as an old favorite in PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD and a new one, Tearaway. Limbo is another somewhat interesting puzzler to try and get the cogs in you brain spinning. Other games I've played so far would include stuff such as Gravity Rush and Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, which is sort of an interesting puzzler where you consume everything possible and try to figure your way to the end of a level. Those games in particular came free with the Plus service.

What might be of interest to you in particular is the Vita sale happening this week on the PlayStation Store. With the PlayStation Vita turning two, Sony's throwing PlayStation Vita owners a mega sale on software. Check out all the games listed here if you might find games such as the strategy-based CastleStorm, the vibrancy of Flower, or the blood-soaked isometric rampage of Hotline Miami to be something you'd want to buy if you have not done so already.

Message 8 of 14 (122 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Feb 25, 2014

The gameplay was awful.  Controls were terrible.  The game looked bad too.  It looked like a game that was made 10-15 years ago and never got updated.  I couldn't play more than 5 minutes of it.

Message 9 of 14 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9443 posts

Feb 25, 2014

@ Graygargoyle: It's nice to see sales on games for it now... but none of them are ones I'm really all that interested in. How about sales on games that are more expensive?

Message 10 of 14 (113 Views)
0 Likes