Re: PlayStation and Extra Life Team Up For Children’s Hospitals

Oct 5, 2013
Message 21 of 53 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Oct 5, 2013

Y2David Started a Listing of PS teams months ago and has been working with Extra life for years, here is a link to that Page here in these forums..

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Extra-Life-2013-PSHome-Community/m-p/4058637...

Photobucket
Message 22 of 53 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Oct 5, 2013

NO_FEAR wrote:

Thanks for the link I'm sending it off to the MIT student that was running the Extra Life booth at BostonFIG this year.  He will be doing his on his twitch channel as well.

I've sponcered and participated in this for a few years, always a worthy cause!

gg

Are you talking about Eric? Hes Awesome, hes just as funny in real life as he is on his twich... lol We just held an event at Boston Tech Jam too 2 nights ago... 

Photobucket
Message 23 of 53 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Oct 5, 2013

goodSuM wrote:

But the thing is, if I don't use social media, I can't get any donations, since I can't spread my link, right?

I really don't know.  This is my third year doing it with $0 donations.

I know how you feel, it is sometimes hard to convince someone to donate for you to game for 24 or 25 hours, what I do is a few weeks before the Event I hold a bake sale, and that is how I get donations for my fund raising page... People love donating when they get yummyu tummy stuffs... Ask your family and freinds and that is another good way, people who don't know you might not be inclined to donate yet small incentives like food go along way... 

Photobucket
Message 24 of 53 (398 Views)
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Oct 5, 2013

Spider-Jew wrote:

ChangeDaBullets wrote:

Ya I definitely will do it if it I can do this for PS4 as well

The main event is held on November 2nd, but you aren't limited to fulfilling your 24 hours during that marathon. You can play games when you. People donate to you or make a pledge and then you play when you can. And if you end up playing games on whatever system you have, or even tabletop games, then go for it :smileyhappy:

Just a note, this year it is 25 hours because we gain an hour that night... 

Photobucket
Message 25 of 53 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3127 posts

Oct 5, 2013

Y2David wrote:

I think this is a great incentive Sony PlayStation is doing for Extra-Life. Do encourage anyone who wants to take part in this, as this is all for a great cause and at same time you can win something out of it :smileywink:

Also for those in PlayStation Home that have created Extra-Life Teams or are part of it, feel free to post at the link below so we know who you are and we will list you & your Team as well so ppl can visit.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Extra-Life-2013-PSHome-Community/m-p/4058637...

LOL I didn't realize you beat me to it, Im not going back to delete, yet good looking out David... your Awesome Sauce... I know we have been out of touch this month yet Skype me or something I have tons to discuss with you... also I might have a Sega and Games up for Prizes for our teams top donor... 

Photobucket
Message 26 of 53 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6448 posts

Oct 5, 2013
Funny... This is exactly why i just donate and don't participate anymore. Its not about the rewards and prizes people.
Message 27 of 53 (391 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Oct 5, 2013
This is really great, I'll be joining! So happy to see a lot of people interested
Message 28 of 53 (390 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7855 posts

Oct 8, 2013

Patchex wrote:

NO_FEAR wrote:

Thanks for the link I'm sending it off to the MIT student that was running the Extra Life booth at BostonFIG this year.  He will be doing his on his twitch channel as well.

I've sponcered and participated in this for a few years, always a worthy cause!

gg

Are you talking about Eric? Hes Awesome, hes just as funny in real life as he is on his twich... lol We just held an event at Boston Tech Jam too 2 nights ago... 

Yes, Have him register. I reached out to him on his twitch channel via message.  Have him send me a PM with is EL sponsor info.

Message 29 of 53 (365 Views)
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

I can't wait until I can begin to stream for this event. :smileyhappy:

photo rain2t_zps4a77c9f0.jpg
Message 30 of 53 (337 Views)
0 Likes