Splicer
68 posts

Re: PlayStation and Extra Life Team Up For Children’s Hospitals

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

Boom! Signed up yesterday. I thought it was a really great cause and the fact they're even rewarding us for our efforts is added incentive to get involved.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=58110

I look forward to November 2nd. I'm getting more information about the event and how it's going to work. I already put in $50 of my own money and am recruiting some guys here at work for the event. 

Message 31 of 53 (231 Views)
Fender Bender
3130 posts

Oct 14, 2013

NO_FEAR wrote:

Patchex wrote:

NO_FEAR wrote:

Thanks for the link I'm sending it off to the MIT student that was running the Extra Life booth at BostonFIG this year.  He will be doing his on his twitch channel as well.

I've sponcered and participated in this for a few years, always a worthy cause!

gg

Are you talking about Eric? Hes Awesome, hes just as funny in real life as he is on his twich... lol We just held an event at Boston Tech Jam too 2 nights ago... 

Yes, Have him register. I reached out to him on his twitch channel via message.  Have him send me a PM with is EL sponsor info.

Ill try and message him on FB today... we don't have another meeting before the Event so I probibly will not see him in person before Extra-life... Do you just want him to message you here on the boards? I don't know if he has a PSN accont... I think he does Microsoft and Steam, and PC yet Ill try and ask him and link him to this Post so he knows to send you info... I think he sent me an Email to donate this week, or Maybe it was Stodd, he's has a team too and he does do PSN yet More so Xbox... 

Photobucket
Message 32 of 53 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3130 posts

Oct 14, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Funny... This is exactly why i just donate and don't participate anymore. Its not about the rewards and prizes people.

Your sooo Right, it is not about the prizes for us, its about the Children... and I was very upset with the community here at Playstation a few years ago when they gave out the Icons for PS HOME... tons of folks signed up to get the free Icons then did absolutely nothing to rase money for the Chldren they also did not do the 24 hour run that year (not everyone yet a good majority of sign upers) 

I have everything on the incentive list that I would want and I have been a Plus member since the day it came out, (and was a participant in the beta rewards program) Yet I never signed up for the prizes...

I have a personal Tie to the Hospital I sponser. They saved my oldest Child from death, and healed my middle child from a bad accident... I feel its my obligation to help other children's future in my community. There are over 130 hospitals for children involved, chances are you have ties to one of them and might not even realize it. 

This is for the children, and Children are our future... Sony's too... with out the next generation there would be no one to sell games too... 

Good luck to everyone participating, and Happy Gaming!!!

Photobucket
Message 33 of 53 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
3130 posts

Oct 14, 2013

NO_FEAR wrote:

Patchex wrote:

NO_FEAR wrote:

Thanks for the link I'm sending it off to the MIT student that was running the Extra Life booth at BostonFIG this year.  He will be doing his on his twitch channel as well.

I've sponcered and participated in this for a few years, always a worthy cause!

gg

Are you talking about Eric? Hes Awesome, hes just as funny in real life as he is on his twich... lol We just held an event at Boston Tech Jam too 2 nights ago... 

Yes, Have him register. I reached out to him on his twitch channel via message.  Have him send me a PM with is EL sponsor info.

LOL I jus sen him a message and here was his reponse...

Eric Chi

hahaha what?

Wow that's cool

lemme send you my donation link

Then he said This too just so you know he was not ignoring you...

Eric Chi

here you go

I totally missed his message

I'd absolutely appreciate it if you responded to him on the forums

and I'll hit him up on Twitch as well

Thanks!

So if you check your Inbox you'll find a message from me wih his donnor page link... 

Thanks for Helping and caring... 

Photobucket
Message 34 of 53 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7961 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2013

Another PSN register and another gamer helping Extra Life.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=45772

Lets help Chi support Boston Childrens Hospital...it's a wicked good cause!

Message 35 of 53 (177 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8091 posts

Oct 15, 2013
Exactly my point @patchex, i look like one of those people and will forever because i was matching donations with someone and even tho i donated to his several times mine ended at $0 raised. And I'm a bad guy while he is a saint because i donated to theirs and they didn't keep up their end of the deal. They never donated a freaking dime and I'm ashamed to wear the logo to support the program in home that i EARNED! Offering these kind of rewards is only going to draw in more people like him, not me. I get it tho.. Just don't like it.
Message 36 of 53 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3130 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Exactly my point @patchex, i look like one of those people and will forever because i was matching donations with someone and even tho i donated to his several times mine ended at $0 raised. And I'm a bad guy while he is a saint because i donated to theirs and they didn't keep up their end of the deal. They never donated a freaking dime and I'm ashamed to wear the logo to support the program in home that i EARNED! Offering these kind of rewards is only going to draw in more people like him, not me. I get it tho.. Just don't like it.

I get what you are saying... and ya that stinks, I remember how high our team goal was that year and I was so disapointed that our goal was not met, however we did rase some money so it was not a lost cause, and you also donated plus did the game run so your effort was not for nothing... Plus who cares what others think if you know you did the right thing... 

I did not have a team the year after that, even though I gamed with my previous years team, I did not want to be on a team that would not even put forth the effort to try and meet half of thier goal let alone all of it... Yet this year even if Unity does not meet its goal, I will know that I tried and my children helped, and I helped... even if you only have 1 dollar on your page its better then not trying at all... 

When new members join my team I try to put at least a dollar on their page, that way they at least try to do the marithon and don't feel so discuraged... 

I am sorry you had such a bad experiance and I know how you feel, yet I hope you do not let it completely deter you from trying again... 

Also one of the Things that Mr. Jermey said to us at one of the meetings, one of the best things we can do is simply to get involved... say you can't do the marithon, or donate money, maybe you can visit your local childrens hospital and see if they need help... or volunteer for the kids... something, anything, and everything helps, even the smallest of gestures...

PS Heya No_Fear... thanks for linking Eric's stuffs... its a Totally WICKED Awesome cause Kid... ( I can just hear the southie accent in that one) 

um, just a few corrections though... I dont think Eric even owns a PS3 lol that is why he asked me to message you here, I don't think he has a PSN account... if you look most his twitch videos are Steam and PC (EWWWWWW about the PC part lol)

I know Eric from the Boston Extra Life Gamers Guild Meetings... Not from PSN, He is also not on any of the teams we have listed He has his own Team, like most of the Gamer Guild memebers... 

I am on Team Unity this year, which is a PS HOME based team, yet I support the Boston Guild, and also PS talents team, to best of my ability of course... 

Eric is still a great person to sponser... Putting him in the PSN teams would be funny if he does not even own a PS3 lol Stodd is on the Boston Extra Life Guild and he also has his own team, yet He prefers his Xbox I think, sometimes he will skip over a week and not sign on to his PS3 lol and Even though I dislike Microsoft they have been great sponsers for Extra life from what I have seen this year with the Guild, very supportive, welcoming, and generous .. I personally prefer Playstaion, but Shhhh don't tell them that... 

Truth is, for this event Platform makes no difference... it doesnt even have to be a video game per say... we actually have two female gamers on our Boston Guild who mostly Larp and D&D... So as long as your playing A game for sponsership, your helping... 

I happen to be the only true Hardcore Playstation gamer in the guild I think lol Yets its all good... Microsoft has actually sponsered most our meetings and quite a few of our events... I keep asking when Sony is gona step in lol cause we have a Sony store right in the galleria, yet this new promo is better then doing a small event at the Sony store like they did at the Microsoft opening, actually much better... I might not agree with the tactic of prizes (I never have, Unless its food stuffs of course, who would ever turn down consumables lol) Yet I do have to say, Sony is trying here, and for that I am thankful, and I am sure the Children this effects are thankful as well even if they do not know it yet... 

Photobucket
Message 37 of 53 (153 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8091 posts

Oct 16, 2013
All true, i guess the only reason it really bothers me at all is because anytime i wear that extra life icon in home i am automatically thought of as one of those people who signed up just for the icon. You are right tho i shouldn't let it get to me because i did do everything i could that year financially, and every year since then. Just really gets under my skin. I will be donating again, but like the last two years it will be anonymously and without hope of gaining any type of reward for doing so.
Message 38 of 53 (147 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5627 posts

Oct 16, 2013

PLEASE extend this PLEASE! I really want to do this on my PS4.. I do not own a PS3 and I refuse to buy one.. I want to do this for the Playstation 4 coming up in a few weeks.. PLEASEEE

photo original_zpsuu822nnr.jpg
Message 39 of 53 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3130 posts

Oct 16, 2013

That's Awesome...

And Ya I hear what your saying about wearing the icon too... I do sadly think that when I see People I have never met wearing it... cause Honestly if I have not seen them in HOMe or the Forums before, chances are they are a fake account... (not saying I know everyone one lol yet at least seen them once or twice in the past 5 years or at least know someone who knows them)

Your comment reminds me of something I have been asking for, for years... I really wish Sony would open a Donation tile in the Store... I don't know if anyone remembers yet there was a red cross donation tile in the PS store when the Tunami hit Japan... I wish they would do something similar for Extra life so people can donate using PSN money annonmosly threw the Store... that I think would help raise a lot more money, maybe have it go to an offical PSN team like Devs doing the Marithon... 

Too Bad Glasswalls didn't make a Extra life Page this year, and Now Temptist Fire has stepted down as community manager too, I forget who the new HOME community manager is now, yet having someone like that or a Team of Sony Devs to donate to threw the PS store would help I think... Plus it would help people like you who want to donate yet dont know where to donate to or for which team... 

Photobucket
Message 40 of 53 (140 Views)
0 Likes