Treasure Hunter
7509 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Banned

Oct 19, 2010

nerdlegend wrote:
Download the update off sony own site and install it by a USB drive ?

No need to connect to PSN then

They still won't be able to connect to the PSN to download the Netflix app though.

0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Did you try another account?  I don't hear about people getting console banned for small things but I could see your account banned if you harraased a moderator in game or something.

Message 12 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Yeah, that's what I always wondered. The guy I spoke to told me I owe over $500. I dont know how? I can use the xbox for Netflix, but the ps3 was just so much more user friendly when it came to Netflix.

Message 13 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Thank you. I don't know what that guys problem is. I mean I have a real problem.

Message 14 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Thanks, but the update downloads and installs just fine. It's the Netflix that is the problem. I have to use a PSN account to download it, and probably to use it.

Message 15 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Well see, I do use Netflix on my Xbox. It's like this. I use my Xbox in my room, and everyone else uses the ps3 in the livingroom. Now that this new Netflix thing came out, they are all annoyed, and want me to pull my Xbox out of my room and put it in the livingroom. That is why I am here. I am trying to figure out another solution. I hate everyone putting their hands all over my controllers, and leaving them around carelessly. With the ps3, it is their problem.

Message 16 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Whetzel wrote:

nerdlegend wrote:
Download the update off sony own site and install it by a USB drive ?

No need to connect to PSN then

They still won't be able to connect to the PSN to download the Netflix app though.

Oh good point....the OP is screwed then

Next time follow the rules , don't ban for no reason a console.

Wants Timesplitters 4 Smiley Sad *11-25-2010 Time Splitter rank Smiley Very Happy *
Get your Portable ID!
Message 17 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Not saying that you did this, but the only way that I (or someone else on your PS3) can figure that you owe Sony money is if you used fraudulent means to buy things off the store (stolen or bad credit card) or if you issued a charge back for purchases. I am sure that if you call up Sony and really push them then you can find out exactly the reason why they say you owe them money.

Anyways sorry about your luck. I wonder if these free downloaded apps are intentionally designed in such a way to force people to ensure that their PS3s are legit with valid firmware in order to take advantage of new features (as in making it a separate PSN download rather than just including it with the firmware). I wouldn't be surprised to see all new features of the PS3 that don't directly effect game play to eventually become separate downloads for the time to come.

Message 18 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Oh, a little information that might make you ponder. When I first made a PSN Account, when the ps3's first came out, my mom allowed me to use her credit card on it. I never made a single charge on it, and then one day she comes home screaming at me saying that I charged her card right to the limit. We fought for a while, and then finally she called Sony, and they found that all the charges were made within seconds of eachother and that it had to be fraud, so all the money was refunded back to the card.

So from then on out I wouldn't use a credit card on my account, I used like a Visa Gift Card, and when it would reach the limit it wouldn't let it spend anymore, saying Insufficient Funds. Im thinking that may be the problem, but I am not quite sure. Maybe those cards like trick their systems or something and the money I thought I was spending on them was really not real??? Which would mean that those cards should still have money on them? I have no idea. This was so frustrating back then, and I forgot about it, and now I am again frustrated.

I never stole a credit card, or used fraudulent means to buy things. At least, I was unaware if I was. I mean, I know for a fact I did not steal a credit card, but I don't know if the card was kicking back the charges after I already spent it. I don't even know if that can be done on Gift Cards.

Message 19 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10762 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

Oh, a little information that might make you ponder. When I first made a PSN Account, when the ps3's first came out, my mom allowed me to use her credit card on it. I never made a single charge on it, and then one day she comes home screaming at me saying that I charged her card right to the limit. We fought for a while, and then finally she called Sony, and they found that all the charges were made within seconds of eachother and that it had to be fraud, so all the money was refunded back to the card.

So from then on out I wouldn't use a credit card on my account, I used like a Visa Gift Card, and when it would reach the limit it wouldn't let it spend anymore, saying Insufficient Funds. Im thinking that may be the problem, but I am not quite sure. Maybe those cards like trick their systems or something and the money I thought I was spending on them was really not real??? Which would mean that those cards should still have money on them? I have no idea. This was so frustrating back then, and I forgot about it, and now I am again frustrated.

I never stole a credit card, or used fraudulent means to buy things. At least, I was unaware if I was. I mean, I know for a fact I did not steal a credit card, but I don't know if the card was kicking back the charges after I already spent it. I don't even know if that can be done on Gift Cards.

if sony and/or the CC company know they are fraudulent charges, then they'll lift the ban, no problem. if you're under 18, then have your mother call, since it was her card and you're a minor. its an easy fix, unless there is something going on here that you're not telling us.

Message 20 of 75 (21 Views)
0 Likes