Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Banned

Oct 19, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

Alright, my Playstation 3 received a permanent ban a long time ago. Sony never actually told me what I did wrong. I spoke to one guy, and he said I owe money. I honestly don't know how that is possible, but OK. I realized that Sony was just useless and switched to xbox like a month after the ban. This would have never bothered me, because I find Xbox more reliable, and when you get a ban, they will tell you EXACTLY why.

Anyways, I only used my ps3 for Netflix. I don't know if you know how it worked, but you put in the disk, and it connects to their servers, no PSN account needed. So, I go to use it last night, and I get this message saying that my disk will be unusable in 31 days or something like that, and that I can now download Netflix right to my ps3. So, I go ahead and try it. I have to update my ps3 to the current firmware, because it hasn't been updated since I got banned, and then I find out that I have to be able to get into the PSN to get the Netflix download. I don't know what I am going to do, but I am about to just drop Netflix.

Really? You can't come up with a single reason why you were permanently banned? I bet if you try being honest with yourself (and everyone here) you can probably name at least one reason. Playing coy and saying that the other system is better sounds like sour grapes. Why are you posting on the PlayStation board if you're so enamored with your other system?

I'll help you out:

1. Violating the terms of service (including using hacks to play backups, glitching in online games, making threats to users verbally or in messages, etc).

Message 21 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Oct 19, 2010

you got banned for something you did thats your own fault follow the terms that you agreed to and you wouldnt get banned

Message 22 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1770 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

Oh, a little information that might make you ponder. When I first made a PSN Account, when the ps3's first came out, my mom allowed me to use her credit card on it. I never made a single charge on it, and then one day she comes home screaming at me saying that I charged her card right to the limit. We fought for a while, and then finally she called Sony, and they found that all the charges were made within seconds of eachother and that it had to be fraud, so all the money was refunded back to the card.

So from then on out I wouldn't use a credit card on my account, I used like a Visa Gift Card, and when it would reach the limit it wouldn't let it spend anymore, saying Insufficient Funds. Im thinking that may be the problem, but I am not quite sure. Maybe those cards like trick their systems or something and the money I thought I was spending on them was really not real??? Which would mean that those cards should still have money on them? I have no idea. This was so frustrating back then, and I forgot about it, and now I am again frustrated.

I never stole a credit card, or used fraudulent means to buy things. At least, I was unaware if I was. I mean, I know for a fact I did not steal a credit card, but I don't know if the card was kicking back the charges after I already spent it. I don't even know if that can be done on Gift Cards.

Problem solved. Did some one press the 'Easy' Button?

Message 23 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

The Fraudelent charges that were made on the credit card were resolved at that time. This time I have no idea what the problem is. Somehow they are under the impression that I owe them $500 dollars, but they won't tell me how.

Message 24 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010
@Jag_Stilvecchio
Maybe you didn't read it all. "1. Violating the terms of service (including using hacks to play backups, glitching in online games, making threats to users verbally or in messages, etc)." If I did that, I would receive a 10 day ban or a 2 week ban. Not a permanent ban until I pay them $500. So, you didn't help anybody out.
Message 25 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Oct 19, 2010
Probably because of the fraudulent charges.

Sony generally bans a PSN Account if any charges are reversed. If the charges are paid, then Sony will lift the ban on the account. They have this strict no refunds policy on PSN Purchases.
Message 26 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

@jma1024

Im sorry, it's very hard to understand what you said. Maybe on your phone it is acceptable to skip capitals and punctuation, but I don't accept it. Either write like you are actually learning something in school, or please refrain from writing anything at all.

Message 27 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Solar_Difusion wrote:
Probably because of the fraudulent charges.

Sony generally bans a PSN Account if any charges are reversed. If the charges are paid, then Sony will lift the ban on the account. They have this strict no refunds policy on PSN Purchases.

^^^this, all sony knows is that someone using your account bought $500 worth of stuff, but the credit card company reversed the charges. they want their $500 one way or another.

maybe if you call them and have a letter from your cc company and a police report about the fraud they might unban your unit.

Photobucket
Message 28 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:
@Jag_Stilvecchio
Maybe you didn't read it all. "1. Violating the terms of service (including using hacks to play backups, glitching in online games, making threats to users verbally or in messages, etc)." If I did that, I would receive a 10 day ban or a 2 week ban. Not a permanent ban until I pay them $500. So, you didn't help anybody out.

All I am saying is that something fishy was done on your account. Maybe you didn't do any of the things I outlined above but something isn't still isn't right.

You're saying that fradulent charges were made on your mom's CC for purchases on the PSN that you didn't make. So would you care to explain how someone other than you was able to access your PSN account and make purchases. It's called gamesharing and yes, it's also a violation of the ToS. You gave out your username & password and got burned. Now you're blaming everyone but yourself.

Message 29 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

@Jag_Stilvecchio

Fraudulent charges were made on my mom's CC like in the first month we had the ps3. We had one of the first one's ever to be released. It is the 60 gig fat boy, we paid $600 for it from Best Buy. I don't know how anybody accessed my PSN, we just figured it was a bug in their system, and they were pretty quick to credit us back the money. I have never gameshared, im guessing that means to give my account to someone else so they can download the stuff that I have purchased.

I am really getting tired of your stupid assumptions, if you want to say something to me in person I will give you my number.

Message 30 of 75 (19 Views)
0 Likes