First Son
30 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Banned

Oct 19, 2010

There we go, I think it got unlocked. Anyways... Before I was so rudely locked out of my own topic.

@Chingwee

After I received my first problem with using a CC on the playstation, I never again used one. I began using $30 Visa Gift Cards. At the end of the week if I had used all the $30 I will go to the bank and refill it. There is no CC company, it was all done right at the desk. You give them the cash and they put the money on the card. Anyways, I would only use the card in the case that a new map-pack or an add-on came out that I really wanted.

When I was first banned I called and asked them what I did wrong. They refused to give me a straight answer, and kept asking me the questions. Then eventually it got to the point that they began to reveal a little bit of information here and there. At the end, about all the information I received was that I "owed" them around $500. They wouldn't tell me how the purchases were made, or what card they were made on. They could give me dates, and rough time of purchase.

If the purchases were made and there wasn't the money on the card, wouldn't the PS Store kick the purchase back saying "Insufficient Funds"? I used to receive those messages all the time. Towards the last days of my online experience I never received any of those messages. I just assumed that over the time that I had been adding money to the card, I must have accumulated a good amount of money on the card that hadn't been spent.

Message 31 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

@Jag_Stilvecchio

Fraudulent charges were made on my mom's CC like in the first month we had the ps3. We had one of the first one's ever to be released. It is the 60 gig fat boy, we paid $600 for it from Best Buy. I don't know how anybody accessed my PSN, we just figured it was a bug in their system, and they were pretty quick to credit us back the money. I have never gameshared, im guessing that means to give my account to someone else so they can download the stuff that I have purchased.

I am really getting tired of your stupid assumptions, if you want to say something to me in person I will give you my number.

this is what im saying, your moms credit card company gave her back the money, not sony.

all sony knows is that $500 worth of stuff was bought, and they didnt get thier money.

you have to show them that it was fraud with a police report or something from your moms cc company showing why the cc company stopped the payment to sony.

Photobucket
Message 32 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

@Chingkwee

We already settled all this with sony. Sony was the one who told us to call the CC. They are the ones who explained that all the purchases were made withing seconds of eachother. This wasn't the problem, it is a recent problem. Well not too recent, because when I got banned I was 17, and now I am 19. When we got our money back from the CC fraud, sony knew all about it. I was 16 when that happened. I dont know if the ages help at all, but I can't give you specific dates.

Message 33 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Oct 19, 2010

If the items were removed from your download list then they should have no issues with that you owe them money.  3 years ago or whenever this happened was gamesharing popular or even a known exploit?  Not really.  I've heard quite a few rumors of account hacking in the past but I've only had a PS3 for a couple years now.  After every purcahase I make I delete the card info.  Not hard to retype a few numbers and could save some trouble.

Message 34 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

@Chrisl-l

I don't know if the items were removed from the download list. I never really checked my download list. I just don't see why they would ban the entire console. If they just banned the account, that would prevent me from having the items, and that would solve everything.

Message 35 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Oct 19, 2010

I'm not really sure but I do notice how the people treat others on this forums.  Its all worthless business until its their system or account getting banned.  I'm sure if they got banned then they would deny all possibilites and for all we know you could've done everything worthy for a ban or nothing.  I would just see if any other sites or even if bestbuy or gamestop could help you with advice from somewhat professionals.

Message 36 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 19, 2010

@Chrisl-l

There is nothing that Best Buy or Gamestop can do about it. Some sites have answers and ways to get around it, but I am not into doing illegal things. Now, if I can't get this resolved I may have to. I am going to take this up to Netflix first, then Sony, and if they can't fix it. I'm going to take it over to my buddy and see what he can do. If he can't unban it, then I guess I will have to just get rid of it. Maybe someone will want to buy it for just offline gaming and watching movies.

Message 37 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8697 posts

Oct 19, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

@Jag_Stilvecchio

Fraudulent charges were made on my mom's CC like in the first month we had the ps3. We had one of the first one's ever to be released. It is the 60 gig fat boy, we paid $600 for it from Best Buy. I don't know how anybody accessed my PSN, we just figured it was a bug in their system, and they were pretty quick to credit us back the money. I have never gameshared, im guessing that means to give my account to someone else so they can download the stuff that I have purchased.

I am really getting tired of your stupid assumptions, if you want to say something to me in person I will give you my number.

So the date and tiems that Sony gave you does that jive up with the fraud charges on your mothers CC??

Sony in the past has banned consoles that are registered to accound that have charge backs. If your CC company is the one that did charge backs Sony lost money for your downloads, they typically ban you until you pay them the chargeback money. It might be possible to get them to unban and remove the content, but from the few posts about this hear you are beating you head against a brick wall with Sony.

Message 38 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3552 posts

Oct 19, 2010
Big mistake updating it if the console is already banned.

Message 39 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3035 posts

Oct 20, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

Alright, my Playstation 3 received a permanent ban a long time ago. Sony never actually told me what I did wrong. I spoke to one guy, and he said I owe money. I honestly don't know how that is possible, but OK. I realized that Sony was just useless and switched to xbox like a month after the ban. This would have never bothered me, because I find Xbox more reliable, and when you get a ban, they will tell you EXACTLY why.

Anyways, I only used my ps3 for Netflix. I don't know if you know how it worked, but you put in the disk, and it connects to their servers, no PSN account needed. So, I go to use it last night, and I get this message saying that my disk will be unusable in 31 days or something like that, and that I can now download Netflix right to my ps3. So, I go ahead and try it. I have to update my ps3 to the current firmware, because it hasn't been updated since I got banned, and then I find out that I have to be able to get into the PSN to get the Netflix download. I don't know what I am going to do, but I am about to just drop Netflix.

if you have it on your ps3 you can watch it on your comptuer plus the xbox has netflix to so stop complaining about this

Message 40 of 75 (10 Views)
0 Likes