Treasure Hunter
5832 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Banned

Oct 20, 2010

Edit:  sorry I didn't read the whole thing before posting.

So the OP got his account back?

Message 61 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Oct 20, 2010

That's strange situation. You owe money to Sony & you get banned permanently. How did it happen ? Did you use any credit cards to purchase PSN store & unable to pay monthly credit card ??

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 62 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 20, 2010

@eloratings

I honestly couldn't tell you what the real problem is. The card I used was a pre-paid card so the money was already there. It isn't a monthly payment or anything. I always kept at least $30 on the card, and added $30 from my paycheck every week, so I knew I had quite a bit of money saved up on it. I always kept the card in my wallet, and one day I misplaced my wallet. Fearing for the worst I went into the Playstation Store and bought as much stuff as I could, trying to empty the card in the event somebody found my wallet and pocketed my card. I remember I purchased Socom Confrontation, and some movies. I know I didn't completely empty it, but I couldn't find anything else worth buying. Later I ended up finding my wallet under the drivers seat of the car. Then like 2 weeks later I was unable to sign into the PSN. I thought it was a network problem, and tried everything to fix it. Finally I called up Sony, and they explained that I owed around $500 to them. They gave me times and dates of the purchases, but I couldn't remember the exact dates I made my purchases. Now it's all just a fog in my memory.

Message 63 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1319 posts

Oct 20, 2010

Its obvious hes lying... No sympathy for you, sir.

Message 64 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 20, 2010

@K-VON

Yeah, obviously. I must be lying, because I am really going to benefit from it. From everything I have heard so far, my console shouldn't even be banned in the first place. The account should be, but not the console. Thanks for your input though, it was very helpful. I don't need your sympathy anyways. Oh, and just for the record. I can have multiple people confirm that everything I have said is true. The bank teller is actually one of my moms old friends, and I always took my money to her. She can personally vouch for me on the money part.

I would like to know though, what part of this makes you think I am lying?

Message 65 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2438 posts

Oct 20, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

Alright, my Playstation 3 received a permanent ban a long time ago. Sony never actually told me what I did wrong. I spoke to one guy, and he said I owe money. I honestly don't know how that is possible, but OK. I realized that Sony was just useless and switched to xbox like a month after the ban. This would have never bothered me, because I find Xbox more reliable, and when you get a ban, they will tell you EXACTLY why.

Anyways, I only used my ps3 for Netflix. I don't know if you know how it worked, but you put in the disk, and it connects to their servers, no PSN account needed. So, I go to use it last night, and I get this message saying that my disk will be unusable in 31 days or something like that, and that I can now download Netflix right to my ps3. So, I go ahead and try it. I have to update my ps3 to the current firmware, because it hasn't been updated since I got banned, and then I find out that I have to be able to get into the PSN to get the Netflix download. I don't know what I am going to do, but I am about to just drop Netflix.

well ... there is still difference between microsoft and sony - microsoft do cares about customers and sony does what they want...... 

For example: sony banns customers without giving a reason !!! what is the point of this ???? 

Message 66 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Oct 20, 2010

xBarbarian wrote:

Why_The_Ban wrote:

Alright, my Playstation 3 received a permanent ban a long time ago. Sony never actually told me what I did wrong. I spoke to one guy, and he said I owe money. I honestly don't know how that is possible, but OK. I realized that Sony was just useless and switched to xbox like a month after the ban. This would have never bothered me, because I find Xbox more reliable, and when you get a ban, they will tell you EXACTLY why.

Anyways, I only used my ps3 for Netflix. I don't know if you know how it worked, but you put in the disk, and it connects to their servers, no PSN account needed. So, I go to use it last night, and I get this message saying that my disk will be unusable in 31 days or something like that, and that I can now download Netflix right to my ps3. So, I go ahead and try it. I have to update my ps3 to the current firmware, because it hasn't been updated since I got banned, and then I find out that I have to be able to get into the PSN to get the Netflix download. I don't know what I am going to do, but I am about to just drop Netflix.

well ... there is still difference between microsoft and sony -microsoft do cares about customers and sony does what they want...... 

For example: sony banns customers without giving a reason !!! what is the point of this ???? 

You obviously haven't had to deal with M$ very often.

Message 67 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 20, 2010

Just as suggestion mostly your console been banned for fraud sound like credit card may allow you to use more money than its allowed. This is different then owe a debt on the account. You may owe credit card company that money. Once it paid it they will removed the fraud flag from the console. Because fraud means both sony and credit card company out the money since card holder promised to pay amouth owe. That problem using pre-pay credit card they act like real credit card because their back by real banks who still want to make money off you.  Since DLC is paid to the publisher directly. That why their no refund policy on psn sony still need to paid the publisher for the content that was delieved. $500 dollars sound alot for credit card to allow it might be less than $200 beside sony can't give you the amount over the phone for fraud they can only refer to credit card company. Mostly likey the credit card company might make you pay the interest rate for the money but am pretty sure they be happy just to settle with any amount they had to pay. 

Message 68 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11982 posts

Oct 20, 2010

Why_The_Ban wrote:

@K-VON

Yeah, obviously. I must be lying, because I am really going to benefit from it. From everything I have heard so far, my console shouldn't even be banned in the first place. The account should be, but not the console. Thanks for your input though, it was very helpful. I don't need your sympathy anyways. Oh, and just for the record. I can have multiple people confirm that everything I have said is true. The bank teller is actually one of my moms old friends, and I always took my money to her. She can personally vouch for me on the money part.

I would like to know though, what part of this makes you think I am lying?

because you're not really doing anything about this. a few people have told you whats going on and how to fix it, but you keep coming up with excuses that you can't get it done. no one here cares you've switched to the other product. its not hard to get this issue resolved, especially if its all legit, but no ones going to do it for you. 

Message 69 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Oct 20, 2010

@ctfw529

You guys only think you are helping, by telling me what to do. You just don't understand that I have done all that at one point in time. It's been a few years since the ban. When I was banned I was VERY aggrevated, and I did everything possible to resolve this. I tried calling the CC, but they said they have no record of that card. I took a trip to the bank, they said that they didn't know if the CC keeps track of how Gift Cards are used. I called sony, they never even used the word FRAUD. They just said that I owed them money. Im pretty sure this has nothing to do with CC fraud. Like I have tried explaining, all the CC fraud was resolved at the time it was done. This is a whole different situation.

Now that I think back though,  I may know why they flagged this as fraud. When they were asking me about the purchases and stuff, I kept saying "I don't know" because I couldn't remember back to the dates and times I made a purchase. I told them I was in school during the day, and that there was no way I could have made a purchase at 11 in the afternoon. I didn't tell them that my brother was home and that he could have made the purchases. I just didn't think my brother would have used my money to buy something to benefit himself. Well, I asked my brother about it the other day and he told me he bought a few items in the store.

Do you think that if I ask, they will tell me the names of the items that were purchased? I can't remember dates and times, but I can remember the items, and I have a list of what my brother bought. If anything, I just want to have the fraud removed.

Message 70 of 75 (13 Views)
0 Likes