Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
21 posts

Re: Playstation 3 Downloads Gone for Good? Screwed by Sony?

[ Edited ]
Apr 24, 2013

No one seems to have a solution that considers hardware reliability while allowing players to maintain downloads for long after the PS3 is discontinued.  

In the end, we're screwed. As soon as Sony decides to kill download support to PS3's, all the money spent on Guitar Hero, Black Ops, Borderlands, and other downloadables is gone. Furthering the issue, after PS3's start to die out (due to hardware failure), we'll either have to bid on them or consider all that was spent a waste. 

At least, that's the way it looks. If someone has a solution that doesn't require us to continue purchasing PS3's to support downloads when a system breaks or a solution that addresses how we can continue to enjoy those titles long after the PS3 is discontinued, it appears that the loyal player who bought a crap-ton on their PS3 is simply screwed. 

Get your Portable ID!
PS Reviews, Cheats, and More....
http://www.youtube.com/user/moralgamer

If you have to resort to demagaugery or personal attacks, you have already lost the argument.
Message 41 of 53 (159 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 24, 2013

DanSD wrote:

kythunder wrote:

for some reason people are thinking their ps3 will explode sitting next to a ps4..i just don't get it..

My PS3 can't explode next to my PS4, if there's no room to put my PS3 next to my PS4.  That is the issue for many.

if thats the issue then you shouldn't be buying a ps4 anyway and maybe invest in a real entertainment center,i have 8 consoles in mine currently and still plenty of room for more..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 42 of 53 (146 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 24, 2013

DanSD wrote:

xenoranger1979 wrote:

I skimmed as much of this thread as I could. Why do people insist that I believe my PS3 will explode? 

Some people result to insults and mockery if you don't stand on their side of the fence.  Pay 'em no mind, you'll be dealing with them your entire life, unfortunately.

wrong again..it's called using a little common sense...most people have it but unfortunately some where left out and is obvious when reading through these posts..

Message 43 of 53 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Apr 24, 2013

kythunder wrote:

DanSD wrote:

kythunder wrote:

for some reason people are thinking their ps3 will explode sitting next to a ps4..i just don't get it..

My PS3 can't explode next to my PS4, if there's no room to put my PS3 next to my PS4.  That is the issue for many.

if thats the issue then you shouldn't be buying a ps4 anyway and maybe invest in a real entertainment center,i have 8 consoles in mine currently and still plenty of room for more..

The ability to purchase a PS4 does not insinuate they can afford a new entertainment center after the PS4 purchase, or that they have the room for a larger entertainment center.

Message 44 of 53 (131 Views)
Sackboy
551 posts

Apr 24, 2013

kythunder wrote:

DanSD wrote:

xenoranger1979 wrote:

I skimmed as much of this thread as I could. Why do people insist that I believe my PS3 will explode? 

Some people result to insults and mockery if you don't stand on their side of the fence.  Pay 'em no mind, you'll be dealing with them your entire life, unfortunately.

wrong again..it's called using a little common sense...most people have it but unfortunately some where left out and is obvious when reading through these posts..

Denying that some people resort to insults and mockery when someone doesn't agree with them is a statement of ignorance.

Message 45 of 53 (129 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Apr 24, 2013

if that is true then buying stuff for the ps3 is basically a waste of money.. :smileymad:

Message 46 of 53 (122 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

again....COMMON SENSE...

and to your other comment as i already stated,get a bigger entertainment center,it really isn't that hard to sit a few consoles by each other and i promise your ps3 will not explode into pieces when the ps4 turns on...

some of you on here really shouldn't have a game system period and need to learn a little of that thing i said while ago..

COMMON SENSE..

Edit: inflammatory statement removed

Message 47 of 53 (118 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Not being backwards compatiable means exactly that. Just because games are downloadable doesn't mean that they will work on any hardware. The games aren't working on PS4 because it's not backwards compatiable not because Sony is killing the support. With that said I'm upset over this too. When a new console comes out I always sell off my old stuff to make the transistion easier and I'm sure plenty people do that too and I think it encourages earlier adapaters when they do this.

But with that said, it's not really Sony job to make sure you're able to resale games. If anything everyone from the industry has been trying to stop it. Your PSN purchases isn't a waste a money, you got a game you played just like the disc based ones you won't be able to play on PS4 either. Lucky for me though I had enough foresight to not buy into the Download option. There were too many negatives against it and not many positives. So I won't be losing much. 

Live and learn.

Message 48 of 53 (117 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 25, 2013

faraway25 wrote:

Not being backwards compatiable means exactly that. Just because games are downloadable doesn't mean that they will work on any hardware. The games aren't working on PS4 because it's not backwards compatiable not because Sony is killing the support. With that said I'm upset over this too. When a new console comes out I always sell off my old stuff to make the transistion easier and I'm sure plenty people do that too and I think it encourages earlier adapaters when they do this.

But with that said, it's not really Sony job to make sure you're able to resale games. If anything everyone from the industry has been trying to stop it. Your PSN purchases isn't a waste a money, you got a game you played just like the disc based ones you won't be able to play on PS4 either. Lucky for me though I had enough foresight to not buy into the Download option. There were too many negatives against it and not many positives. So I won't be losing much. 

Live and learn.

why sell?  as long as the ps store is up and running as it will be with the ps4 the ps3 will still be supported and see no reason why they would change that,they are still selling ps3's and will for several more years and the will have support through the store even after the discontinuation of the ps3...SONY like to make money and it's funny people think the ps4 just means it's the end of the ps3..

i guess most gamers thought process is so limited they are not able to see the whole picture and i feel sorry for the ones this applies to..lol

Message 49 of 53 (112 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8715 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

kythunder wrote:

DanSD wrote:

xenoranger1979 wrote:

Its because they have sad sad lives in the real world, they never get what they want and so they take enormous pleasure in telling people they will never meet or know that something they want they also will not get, despite the fact they have no dog in the fight.

But this makes them get up in the morning, its all they have to live ofr, let them spout insults everytime they have nothing legit to state, it only shows how weak their position is and that even they know they have no valid points to bring to the table.

As soon as someone starts throwing insults as responses you know you have won the argument/conversation.

With these guys we just cant lose, and it makes them batty.   Its always the same ones, its kinda sad, but more then that its funny, LOL.

Anyway its real that Sony has to figure this out so as not to alienate a huge chunk of the 70 million users it has on PSN today, that is a lot of PSN content Sony is hoping to drop support for.

How long do you think they will keep the PS3 PSn running once PS4 launches?  Hopefully awhile.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 50 of 53 (100 Views)