I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Re: Playstation 4 BC, all past and future combined

Mar 20, 2013

TheDster wrote:

I got a 11 yr old pc that cost almost 1k at the time and it lasted ps2 and ps3, its better then both and still is even at the end of ps3.  I spent 25 bucks for a 300something mb nvidia card is all i did extra to it in 11 years.  It lasted thru two console gaming lifetimes, the games are cheaper and all.  I spent 2k for a tv and ps3 combo and 2k in games during ps3 the last 4 years.  This habit is more expensive by far.

If i bought a kit now i could make one for 800 maybe thats more up to date as well.  Were talking a good kit, i know the place that sold me that pc ripped me off as well.  Well they are in it to make money as well but still alot cheaper then Console gaming and Console is limited to 6 years.  I could of bought that kit for 500 though and saved 500.  I mean at that time cause at this time its probably not being sold unless you ebay pieces but if it was probably 150-200 today and its by far better then ps3 being 11 years old.

I think as much as they take from us cause they are rippoffs they can give us BC and not be concerned about not making enough money.  Just compare Ps3 and 360 games to PC and see even to this day.  PC is more supperior to i installed Fear last night and its like 100fps its so smooth and easyier to play then the consoles, with the mouse as aimer.  I was slaying stuff and i never do that good on Ps3.

Is Ps4 ram going to be 3 gig or 16gig cause this is what 16 costs,  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=154017&Sku=C13-5724&csid=...  For 800 bucks it should come with 16gig id think?

The PS4 is already confirmed to use 8 gigs of GDDR5 RAM, not the slow DDR3 RAM that you linked to.  The only way to make a comparison is to post a link to where I can get 8 gigs of GDDR5 RAM.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013
Look what it says in the fine print, old boy. Subject to change, be warned. They don't even have this ram out, it's VRAM on a GPu. Graphic card in English. The way I read it like I posted a ton, is 8 gig ram unified, and GPu , 8 core processor, all subject to change so no false advertising. I seen gddr8
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (139 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11481 posts

Mar 20, 2013

TheDster wrote:
Look what it says in the fine print, old boy. Subject to change, be warned. They don't even have this ram out, it's VRAM on a GPu. Graphic card in English. The way I read it like I posted a ton, is 8 gig ram unified, and GPu , 8 core processor, all subject to change so no false advertising.

Do you know how many "Subject to Change" items never get changed?

They put that there for legal reasons so if they HAVE to change something, they can.

But 99% of the time, they don't.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (205 Views)
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Mar 20, 2013
There is no gddr8 graphics card out. The gddr5 cards they got out for PC are big and cost bucks.
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4510 posts

Mar 20, 2013

TheDster wrote:
Look what it says in the fine print, old boy. Subject to change, be warned. They don't even have this ram out, it's VRAM on a GPu. Graphic card in English. The way I read it like I posted a ton, is 8 gig ram unified, and GPu , 8 core processor, all subject to change so no false advertising. I seen gddr8

TheDster wrote:
There is no gddr8 graphics card out. The gddr5 cards they got out for PC are big and cost bucks.
As far as I can tell, youre the only one talking about gddr8.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013
Link the spec site for ps4, that's what a person linked me. So then if it has changed it's already changed. I was wrong, I haven't been concentrating on this stuff though cause I don't care. Gddr5 8 gig, there is only gddr5 6 gig being sold. I'm taking a guess here but since it is being sold on a graphic card it's VRAM?

Post computer questions to my PC vs console link, I think to be honest that 8 gig of video ram isn't the case. 8 gig total ram perhaps?
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (182 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15010 posts

Mar 20, 2013

TheDster wrote:

You have ZERO idea what you're talking about. So why bother by making it hard for yourself to explain it to EVERYONE who knows more and knows better than you?

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

TheDster wrote:

one pc good enough can last 4 console lifecycles if not more, 32 gig ram, 2gig graphic cards.

yes, but not everyone is a pc gamer. I have a gaming pc for mmorpgs and big open world RPGs that support modding like SKyrim. Mostly everything else i play on console. But they are for different audience in most cases. And dont forget system exclusives. Also consoles are a long term thing before replacing it for another one. One usually keep upgrading a PC every 2-3 years sometimes more, thats why they are always superior (while also a long term thing you keep spending money on it)

-suddenly... life has a new meaning-
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
521 posts

Mar 20, 2013

TheDster wrote:

DanSD wrote:

I would also prefer backward-compatibility, but it would not be cheaper buying a PC.  Compare the lifetime of a PC that costs the same as a console.  After the initial purchase, you would need to upgrade the PC every year or two to get the same performance with newly released games that the console provides.

if its like ps3 was it would be cheaper to buy a pc, 650 would buy a nice PC kit right now and all of its better then ps3 and ps4 by a long shot.  It dont matter though thats on you guys, you do what you want i learned.  Thats really all that matters.  Everyone has to learn on their own.  I cant burst the bubble like my friend 1loydster says, in his video.

You're saying that if you buy a $650 PC today, which you claim is better specced than the PS4 by a long shot, you think that PC will play the same games as a PS4, just as well as a PS4, for the lifetime of the PS4?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4373 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

TheDster wrote:

I slept 20 years, 7 years of finding the truth out put me in a major depression.  It started with stuff poping in my mind about illegal immigrants would mess up the system.  Then it went to police busting marijuana but the streets in my area was filled with crack and heroine and over looked.  Marijuana was bad for buisness, not addicting?  Then two doctors doubted treatments i went thru for the type of illness i had when i was little, i knew i was messed up from it my body that is.

Then something poped in my head about Bush jr being the red rider of apocalypse, aka War.  Soon after the towers went down by what they want us to believe is terrorists.  I believe it was about them not wanting to lose money and or their precious metals or to gain more?  Then i went into a major league depression plus i sinned a few major ones in life,  i was suffering pretty hardcore though not excuse though, could be some of reason for it though?  I woke up and Obama was president could he be the black rider of apocalypse?

The black rider is suppost to represent drought, famine, plague, price increases.  He rides with a weighing scale to perhaps weigh out the wealth or Food maybe?

I started becoming very smart after that long depression.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!!

What the **** does any of that garbage have to do with the PS3, or this forum?

I have had it with you.  And I have had it with the Mods here.  You keep getting reported and reported for posting violations with garbage like this, and you are still here.

This is unbelievable.  Yet if we try to take you to task by telling you how completely screwed up you are, we get warnings.

Well I have had enough.

You are the most ignorant, uneducated, nut job this forum has ever seen.

All you do is come on here, and spew your conspiracy theory crap, thinly veiled in the guise of gaming culture.

You have no knowledge of anything you try to talk about, AND EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT!

You're not fooling anyone.

You lie and spread false information just to make yourself feel more important.

Case in point.  You're still lying about this 11 year old computer, that first started out at being 20 years old.  We already established that it is only 9 years old.

And a high end 9 year old computer, with an updated graphics card will, of course, out perform a 7 year old console.  How is that surprising?  It just goes to show that it took a more expensive, high end computer, with extra money on a graphics card, to out perform a cheaper console of the same vintage.

YOU JUST SHOT DOWN YOUR OWN ARGUMENT.

Any more lies you want to tell?  Any more hair brained conspiracy theories you want to spew?

And if a mod is reading this, which I doubt because they never seem to read the numerous reports against this character, do something about this.  Look at his post history.  This is not the first time he has gone off on these off topic rants, and lies.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (151 Views)