Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

Re: Playstation 4 versus high-end PC

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Indeed, the whole point of consoles is to provide a quality gaming experiance at an affordable price point.

what's an "affordable" price point when Sony continues to sell 2+ year-old games at full retail price, whereas those same games are constantly on super cheap/steam bundled sales for a mere $10-20?  How is this "affordable"?!

Winner: PC GAMING

*facepalm*

Since you apparently didnt really read any of the other posts, I'll spell it out for you.

No PC is cheaper than a console, if you want one that can run those great reduced priced AAA titles, at a graphical and playability level of a current gen console.

Also, I dont know of any game other than the original Modern Warfare, that was still at full price after 2 years.

Message 21 of 77 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Indeed, the whole point of consoles is to provide a quality gaming experiance at an affordable price point.

what's an "affordable" price point when Sony continues to sell 2+ year-old games at full retail price, whereas those same games are constantly on super cheap/steam bundled sales for a mere $10-20?  How is this "affordable"?!

*facepalm*

Since you apparently didnt really read any of the other posts, I'll spell it out for you.

No PC is cheaper than a console, if you want one that can run those great reduced priced AAA titles, at a graphical and playability level of a current gen console.

Also, I dont know of any game other than the original Modern Warfare, that was still at full price after 2 years.

*facepalm**facepalm**facepalm**facepalm**facepalm*

it doesn't matter whether or not users read previous comments. nowhere am i talking about the cost of a PC, b/c EVERYONE has a PC, whether it's for gaming or not doesn't matter as well. any pc can pretty much play any game new/used, so the console is an extra cost just to play a game on one system rather than another. almost every game released is for all major consoles so there's really no reason to buy a PS4/ps3/xbox/etc. (vita vs. smart phones). i'd rather pay the $1 for a droid/app game than pay the $5+ it'll cost to play the same game on ps3/vita

Message 22 of 77 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

May 3, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

I didnt read the OP, but I can tell you a true "high end" gaming computer's stats are better than the Ps4's 

The Ps4, upon release, will compare to a mid-range gaming PC, still very powerful...but not as much as what I would consider a "high end" machine. I've built computers that cost over $6,000.00 Im sorry, but the PS4 just wont touch that.

The term "high end" is very subjective...so depending on what YOU interpret that to meen is how the Ps4 will stack up against one.

I meant a normal, $400 video card, plus a regular high-end computer.  Video games rely mostly on the $400 video card anyway.  Quad-core Intel Core i7, 3rd generation, extreme-edition, 1+ billion transistor CPUs aren't really used by games that much.  Only to run the video card.  Also 16 GB of RAM aren't used by video games either.  

That being said, the highest end Geforce card, the Geforce GTX 690, offers 384 GB/s of memory bandwidth, DDR.  Only 70 GB/s more then the effective total bandwidth of the Playstation 4, including the 75 GB/s of SRAM (150 GB/s DRAM effective).  That's a slight difference, considering the GTX 690 costs $1000, and the Playstation 4, the entire Playstation 4, just $400.  PS4 has 1.8 TFLOPS, that one, 5 TFLOPS.  

So it is well better.  But in terms of games - Playstation 4's games are light-years ahead because they are all optimized for it. 

Message 23 of 77 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 3, 2013
What about God of War, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid 4, MLB The Show, Rock Band, etc. etc.? Got those games on a PC?

As for why games are so cheap on a PC, it's pretty simple. The developers try to get what money they can out of the games before they are widely available for downloaded on torrent sites and newsgroups. PC Software Pirating is as rampant as it gets. Game devs pray that the user will decide that it's easier to just pay ten or twenty dollars and buy their game instead of stealing it. There are not a great number of "PC Only" game development studios out there, since studios seem to make most of their profit on console games where the prices are basically standardized and piracy of console games isn't anywhere close to what PC games are.

Look. If you like to game on PC more than you do on consoles, that's fine. Different tastes for different folks. Not everybody wants to go through the hassle of either building a computer from parts and installing all the software and configuring it for your hardware specifications, optimizing everything to get the most out of it, etc. etc. One of the greatest selling points of a console is the simple ease of use of it. Purchase the console, turn it on, insert game, start playing. Nothing big to have to set up.

Where the "PC Gamer" crowd rakes in the ire of console gamers is how they seem to burst into every forum and try and convert people over to their point of view by bashing others and exclaiming superiority. It's akin to religious fanaticism which nobody likes.

I also don't understand why so many PC Gamers are trying to "convert" console gamers. I mean, do you get a commission from nVidia every time you convince someone to spend the price of their console on one of their newest graphics cards?
Message 24 of 77 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

*facepalm*

it doesn't matter whether or not users read previous comments. nowhere am i talking about the cost of a PC, b/c EVERYONE has a PC, whether it's for gaming or not doesn't matter as well. any pc can pretty much play any game new/used, so the console is an extra cost just to play a game on one system rather than another. almost every game released is for all major consoles so there's really no reason to buy a PS4/ps3/xbox/etc. (vita vs. smart phones). i'd rather pay the $1 for a droid/app game than pay the $5+ it'll cost to play the same game on ps3/vita

In response...

To the red: Yes it does.

To the pink: You should be, because the cost of the PC is a major factor.

To the Yellow: That is completely FALSE

To the Light Blue: That is also completely FALSE

Do you know anything about computers?

Message 25 of 77 (142 Views)
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

May 3, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

*facepalm*

In response...

HAHA i know enough to use it and keep replying to your idiotic narrow comments.

Message 26 of 77 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 3, 2013

JonathanCarabalo wrote:

It'll take a LONG time for the average PC game to reach that level - at least 5 years.  So it's ahead of the PC curb for 5 years. 

You know, one expects fanboyism to be strong on the official forum when someone created a thread with such a topic. But your ridiculous "insight" still managed to take me by surprise.

Yes, you have some wonderful bandwidth for the PS4. And that's it? Processor on the one side and GB/s on the other? Nothing else matters?

Not to mention those wonderful 5 years of leadership that you suggest. Good one there!

Anyway, Cerny's unique approaches makes it difficult to directly compare the systems.

Sufficient to say that the PS4 seems well equipped to satisfy all demands developers and gamers might have. And that's actually all that should matter.

Message 27 of 77 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

May 3, 2013

yeah, even the garbage gimmick of the SHARE button.

i swear, that SHARE button is a total waste of R&D, $$$, and time. Sony should have talked to the gamers about what they wanted; NOT some half-assed elderly programmer who knows NOTHING what the casual AND hardcore gamers want.

Message 28 of 77 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 3, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

yeah, even the garbage gimmick of the SHARE button.

i swear, that SHARE button is a total waste of R&D, $$$, and time. Sony should have talked to the gamers about what they wanted; NOT some half-assed elderly programmer who knows NOTHING what the casual AND hardcore gamers want.

Considering your previous attitude towards Setzaroth (and FYI, he was right and you were not Dubloon7), I must assume that you simply have no friends or no events in your life that you might want to share with them. Your loss.

Share function might not the most required feature ever, but if you'd be as much into PC gaming as you want to make us believe, you'd know how big streaming games is there. Nothing to complain when Sony adopts that trend.

Message 29 of 77 (130 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16564 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

Dubloon7 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

*facepalm*

In response...

HAHA i know enough to use it and keep replying to your idiotic narrow comments.

Problem is, my comments arent idiotic, you literally just said it doesnt matter if a PC is designed for gaming. :smileylol::smileyvery-happy::smileylol:

Nuff said...moving on.

Message 30 of 77 (124 Views)
0 Likes