Reply
Jul 09 2013
By: da1writer MVP Support 6002 posts
Online

Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

8 replies 271 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

http://www.videogamer.com/news/playstation_ios_android_app_lets_players_purchase_and_download_games_...

 

playstation-social-second-screen.jpg

 

Well... there goes the neighborhood. So what's so unique about Xbox One's smartglass companion app?

 

*This might be old for those who followed PS4 closely but one of my friends were talking about how both consoles will have a companion app. Heard of Smartglass but not this.. I though he was originally talking about the Vita...

Message 1 of 9 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2008
Offline
15342 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 9, 2013

I suppose there a slim chances on a Windows RT app for my Surface.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum


Fabulous!
Message 2 of 9 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/18/2007
Offline
3209 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 9, 2013
I have a PlayStation app on my android phone, which seems it was only a EU Sony Xperia app. I downloaded it from the internet and it installed fine but lacks messaging features. It has my friends profile, I can see who's online, compare trophies, see PS news and the PS blog. But again most is all in EU when they talk about pricing and dates as the US is different then EU when it comes to those thigs. I can't wait to get this more up to date version for my phone, it might even be a new app altogether.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 3 of 9 (220 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

I suppose there a slim chances on a Windows RT app for my Surface.


Slim? I'd say no chance.

Message 4 of 9 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 10, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

I suppose there a slim chances on a Windows RT app for my Surface.


Highly doubt that. Especially for such a failure of a device. 

Message 5 of 9 (158 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/20/2008
Offline
11942 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 10, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

I suppose there a slim chances on a Windows RT app for my Surface.


Highly doubt that. Especially for such a failure of a device. 


Message 6 of 9 (156 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/22/2011
Offline
2599 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 10, 2013

johngie wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

I suppose there a slim chances on a Windows RT app for my Surface.


Highly doubt that. Especially for such a failure of a device. 



Well hey, its true. Developers are not wanting to work with that crap OS, and that tablet is slow as sin. Its also selling poorly and getting bad reviews. MS dropped the hardware bomb, again. 

Message 7 of 9 (151 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/11/2013
Offline
4664 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 10, 2013


ccrogers15 wrote:

johngie wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

I suppose there a slim chances on a Windows RT app for my Surface.


Highly doubt that. Especially for such a failure of a device. 



Well hey, its true. Developers are not wanting to work with that crap OS, and that tablet is slow as sin. Its also selling poorly and getting bad reviews. MS dropped the hardware bomb, again. 


Windows 8 bomb, Windows Tablets bomb, XB1 bomb, HL3 confirmed 

Message 8 of 9 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/17/2013
Offline
240 posts
 

Re: Playstation App coming to ios and android devices aka Sony's SmartGlass

Jul 10, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

 


ccrogers15 wrote:

johngie wrote:

ccrogers15 wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

I suppose there a slim chances on a Windows RT app for my Surface.


Highly doubt that. Especially for such a failure of a device. 



Well hey, its true. Developers are not wanting to work with that crap OS, and that tablet is slow as sin. Its also selling poorly and getting bad reviews. MS dropped the hardware bomb, again. 


Windows 8 bomb, Windows Tablets bomb, XB1 bomb, HL3 confirmed 



lol. looks like a sweet app really. hope it is better than just showing friends and trophies like it is now.

Message 9 of 9 (109 Views)
Reply
0 Likes