Highlighted
Mar 20 2013
By: Crazy-Maisy Treasure Hunter 4073 posts

Playstation Community/Trophies/Friends Changes

15 replies 222 views Edited Mar 20, 2013

I have often used the Playstation US site to look at trophies, other people, mine, compare, etc.

Vast changes since yesterday. My list of trophies is super short. My main info is right, but list of games, no. Other's have more full lists, whether or not it's the full list.

The worst of it is the Pop Up Overlay to compare Tropies. Non-Resizable, and not nice IMO.

There's no way to easily look someone up. On some of the pages as they are loading the old interface for looking someone up appears then disappears. The newer Trophy area had an input field on the bottom of one's Trophy list.  That's gone too.

I can't go on enough about how much I do not use FB at all and won't and seeing it there with no option to share to anything else just makes me annoyed. Share your recent trophy, sidebar item.

I'm really just venting. I don't know if anyone wrote about it anywhere else, I just went to do something I usually do and couldn't do it and discovered how uncomfortable I am with it all.

Trophies

Friends

All has changed for the worst. Hope it's just a bad passing phase. Robot Sad

Message 1 of 16 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Re: Playstation Community/Trophies/Friends Changes

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

I love trophies, can you post me a link to where you are looking this stuff up?  I want to look too and maybe something can be done about your issue, you never know!

Message 2 of 16 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

In general, when one is logged into us.playstation.com and looks on the nav bar at the top ... under Community you can choose Trophies ...

which is this link:  http://us.playstation.com/community/mytrophies/

If you looked at that before today, it would present quite differently. Also, if you look at someone elses trophies it used to work to be able to do comparisons and look into when each trophy for a game was gotten. It's not possible now, on this site.

Here are a few links to our main Trophy pages,  me, you, darthdanman, to compare.

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlineName=crazy-maisy

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlineName=plymco_pilgrim

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlineName=darthdanman

When I view each page:

My own Trophies: a list of 5 games shows up. (This is the same way it shows up for the mytrophies link with me logged in)

Your Trophies: a large list [that I didn't count, but could] shows up.

Darthdanman's Trophies: a list of 8 games shows up 

Also things are not clickable like they were before. It's difficult to find other people, basically you have to remember the url for profiles in general, or that the only way to click on one is to look on the sidebar and click on one of your friends names from Your Friends Recent Trophies, on the mytrophies page, then replace each name with the known name of someone at the end of the url.

It's all so strange, because it was the way it's been for a few months yesterday, the basic pages and how they work, and now they are so less informative and ALMOST useless. 

I'd be interested in knowing if things look like this for you or anyone else.

Message 3 of 16 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Mar 21, 2013

They were actually changing the trophy stuff around yesterday.  

Check it today to see if its working better now!  Here is the new link  http://us.playstation.com/myprofile/

Message 4 of 16 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

It's all still the same.

Mostly annoying is that one cannot click on a game and compare trophies.I cannot see when I got trophies or when someone else did,  nor to see what trophies someone else got for a game, all comparing to friends does is show who else played it,  doesn't compare actual trophies. Floating submenu gives three choices and none work to actually compare a games trophies.

I can get to a list of trophies for a game on my own Trophy list, a floating submenu choice, but only those.

My Trophy list continues to be 5 entries. If I do load up someone elses trophies via url pasting, you don't get a floating submenu from other people's lists of games. Only one's personal logged in PSN ID list is clickable for any use, though even that is way less functional than before yesterday. The Golden Age of Trophies in Browser has passed us. I hope not. Smiley Sad

I logged out and logged in again. No difference.

Yesterday I tried that plus tried  it in two different branded browsers, Chrome and Mozilla. At least it all presents equally on both. FWIW. 

Message 5 of 16 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Have you synced them on your PS3 lately?  I doubt that would or should fix it but its worth a shot!

I know I can see all my trophies

Message 6 of 16 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Of course. I'm Plus you know. Smiley Happy

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Have you synced them on your PS3 lately?  I doubt that would or should fix it but its worth a shot!

I know I can see all my trophies

I know you can. I can see all of yours too. 

Message 7 of 16 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

Mar 21, 2013

The problem for me is how many games are showing up in my list. I know they are there, for if I compare trophies to someone else then I get an overlay window with all my games showing and theirs, whoever I'm comparing.  It's not correct though, since if someone looks at my profile's trophies they'll think I don't play much and that my numbers don't match up, something hinky, cheater.

Nope. I'm not.

I see today also that when viewing a Friends List, if a friend is online it shows what they are playing/doing in that list. Not on their "Trophy" profile page, but in your full page Friends. But it's not hardly viewable, it's a half-line space showing, I can read it, but ... 

That's interesting, for sure. Not being able to easily just click and see someone's stuff, or look at the trophies you have and/or they have in a particular game is really not worth that trade.

Like for me, I have 100% in Pixel Junk Monsters. So do you, PLYMCO_PILGRIM. I know that because I decided to finally finish off those challenge levels recently. You did that long ago. I saw that, but can't see it anymore. You can't see WHEN I got those trophies either.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. Taking screen shots to post next.

Message 8 of 16 (153 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

I like the new look of friends / trophies / etc.

Mar 21, 2013

I like the new look.

But I still prefer how PSNProfiles.com presents and catalogues the information.

PSNProfiles.com - InfinityDevil
Message 9 of 16 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
54760 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Post the screenshots for sure.

I'll see if I can get some extra attention here once you do. 

Message 10 of 16 (148 Views)
0 Likes