First Son
21 posts

Re: Playstation Plus- Your thoughts? (Who bought it?)

Jun 29, 2010

So can someone clarify the question i have.

Do you get discounts on PSN content, or just the PSN content they CHOOSE to give you discounts on?

Like when the MW2 resurgence pack drops is that going to be discounted, or FREE for PSN+ users?  Or normal price (9.99 guessing) when it drops since it wont be on the PSN+ discount list?

Message 71 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Got it, liking it so far, looking forward to the next 14 months!

"So say we all."
Message 72 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Jun 29, 2010

love it!

Message 73 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Greg, its only for the stuff they choose, which so far is crap, theres nothing offered that justifes the cost and Im not sure that there will be if this is what their offering for their grand opening.

Message 74 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jun 29, 2010

DigitalEternal wrote:

Greg, its only for the stuff they choose, which so far is crap, theres nothing offered that justifes the cost and Im not sure that there will be if this is what their offering for their grand opening.

Well they have discount on the Fat princess DLC which i've seen alot of people happy about. Discount on many psn title you may not be interested but I am. I've got $41 in savings this month, and I have 14 more to go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 75 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Anddo wrote:

Lets's see... I already own the free stuff they're offering ( namely Wipeout).. The PSP minis are somewhat attractive..

My main beef is this, what incentive does a PSN+ user have for purchasing new PSN titles on release day? Why would a PSN+ user purchase a new title day one when they could easily wait for a discount (if there ever is one)?... I think this will ultimately hurt PSN game sales. As someone who likes to buy games that interest him on release day, I don't see much value here.

I got burned by Qore (first year was ok, second year I threw my money away).. I'm getting a Qore vibe here.. What happens when there is no content that you want during a given month, or several months in a row?  That can't sit right with some of you guys. The only way this content thing will work is if Sony put's out some major titles. I've been a PS3 owner since day one, discounting games that I haven't purchased or have no intent to purchase doesn't help the PSN+ draw. I've seen all the content they have to offer. If they want me to opt in, they need to offer new PS1 titles and discount the newer PSN titles.. Themes, and avatars do nothing for me, I can get those for $1 or whatever.

As for automatic downloads.. It could be useful in spots.. But, I use my PS3 everyday. I don't mind waiting for a game update to download. I have a fast connection, usually aren't that behind in patches/updates. I don't think 5 extra minutes waiting for a download to finish equals $50 a year.

If Sony wants me to become a Plus user, show me the content... Right now it's just not worth it for people who are heavy PSN users.

Anddo sums it up pretty well.

Offering up an old PSN title - Wipeout HD, a 'Mini' game and some discounts and themes just isn't enough to entice me.

I was hoping Sony would see fit to release more timely content. Whenever the PSN Store gets new games that interest me I usually buy them right away. What's my incentive to get PSN+? Stuff like Qore, beta access, and early demo's doesn't really appeal to me at all. At least not nearly as much as timely access to PSN games.

As I said in another thread, offering InFamous for more as a digital download than what Amazon has it selling for is ridiculous.

Message 76 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3116 posts

Jun 29, 2010

DigitalEternal wrote:

?

photo BHD-VILLDOC-NEWsm_zps81faf374.gif
Message 77 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
47 posts

Jun 29, 2010

C_Haney wrote:

What no cross gamer chat, No improvement to game servers like EA's Battlefield 1943, which has been playable for over 6 months now. No extra options like being able to play other videos after the one you are watching is done (AKA) Play All in windows media center.

Playstation PLUS looks nothing more then a glorified coupon sure you get some free games, But I would rather get free PS/one games for the month rather then the exclusives.  Just my opinion but no thanks. Microsoft gold membership has this beat hands down. Come on Sony you can do better.

Yeah, one of the reasons I purchased this was to get party chat. So when am I able to get this?

Message 78 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
612 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Bigsilvs wrote:

C_Haney wrote:

What no cross gamer chat, No improvement to game servers like EA's Battlefield 1943, which has been playable for over 6 months now. No extra options like being able to play other videos after the one you are watching is done (AKA) Play All in windows media center.

Playstation PLUS looks nothing more then a glorified coupon sure you get some free games, But I would rather get free PS/one games for the month rather then the exclusives.  Just my opinion but no thanks. Microsoft gold membership has this beat hands down. Come on Sony you can do better.

Yeah, one of the reasons I purchased this was to get party chat. So when am I able to get this?

They never said the XGC was going to be a part of PS+.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 79 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Its really sad to what lengths people will go to defend their bad purchase just to justify it to themselves, I see it all the time no matter how stupid the buy they will fight to the death to prove to themselves that it was a good buy. psn plus isnt worth it, at this point there is no way anyone can say it is, if you like really **bleep**ty games then power to you, enjoy, but for thoes of us that actually like good games PSN doesnt offer anything.

And yes the fat princess DLC is the only good thing on there but the 1$ off doesnt really justify spending 50$

Message 80 of 147 (4 Views)
0 Likes