Apr 21 2013
By: Chicio3 First Son 3 posts

Playstation Store

16 replies 136 views Edited Apr 21, 2013

I am coming to realize it is 1000 times better to buy the actual game than use the playstation store. I mean it is more convienient to use the ps store but once your done with the game what good is it really. I wish there was a way to be able to trade it back in or be able to trade other ps network members games. At least if I have the original game I can go to a store near where I live and trade it in for a purchase of a new game or even sell it to my friends or someone I know or even sell on craigslist. At least you can get some of your money back that you originally paid for the game and a new game will only cost you around 20 -30 bucks depending if you buy it new or used. At least I know now not to buy the games direct from the ps store. Just wondering if anyone else out there felt the same way, they dont give refunds and all sales are final, but why not let someone trade it back in for the purchase of something else. I really do not want these games forever and I know I can delete them off my hard drive but really that doesnt help me at all.

Message 1 of 17 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: Playstation Store

Apr 21, 2013

I used to trade games back in the days of Genesis and SNES on up, but when this generation of gaming started I stopped it's just not worth it. Besides the developers lose a lot when people buy the games used cause they don't see any of the revenue from it. Unless places like Gamestop decide to give back to the industry when they sell a used game we are gonna see a lot of Dev houses closing their doors cause of no income.

Message 2 of 17 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
605 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Yep I agree. There should be a way cause I now have no idea what to do with Assassin's creed and Borderlands 2.
Message 3 of 17 (127 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Trading back games is all good and such.

But I'm way too lazy to go do it before the games lose most of their value in the first place.

I tend to hold on to games even after I stop playing them in case I have the urge to play again. And by the time I do decide it'd be worth trading in, their value has diminished to such intrinsic values that it doesn't matter.

I'd rather have the convenience of not having to leave my own home and be able to purchase games at any point in time I choose.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 17 (124 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Some games (very few) actually go up in value. I got Buzz! Quiz TV and Buzz! Quizz World with both sets of wireless controllers and recently I was gonna buy BQW for my cousin but found out it will cost me $300 and that was released in '09. Games I had on my Genesis are actually worth money now, I have a lot of regrets trading in my games.

Message 5 of 17 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 21, 2013

THe developers do not give a crap about me and they just want my money so I could care less if they dont get revenue from a used game. I game that last for 10-12 hours costs me 60 bucks and when I preorder something on the playstation store and it ends up being the worst game I ever played in my life i.e. Walking Dead survival instinct, I am out of 50 bucks. I would much rather get back as much of that money as I can to make up for a deleloper putting forth a half assed effort. Seriously, you really care about the developers, the good developers will always sell their product and make money. I really think they owe me something for survival instinct.

Message 6 of 17 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 21, 2013

And for the lazy people we should be able to post our games that we will trade and what game we are looking for and people should be able to trade games on the ps network. I mean it is 2013 and all this technology. If Steam can do it why cant the ps network do something like that. I am just saying it world be really nice if they set up something like that. It cant be that hard.

Message 7 of 17 (103 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Apr 21, 2013

Chicio3 wrote:

And for the lazy people we should be able to post our games that we will trade and what game we are looking for and people should be able to trade games on the ps network. I mean it is 2013 and all this technology. If Steam can do it why cant the ps network do something like that. I am just saying it world be really nice if they set up something like that. It cant be that hard.

Yes but then this would promote game sharing and such.

One person could buy a game, then if their friend wanted to play it, they'd just "gift it" to them, and then when they were finished, "gift it" back. Or gift it to another person who wanted to play. That's 3 sales down the drain.

You'd have to have very strict restrictions on such a tool, and those restrictions would also contradict the system in the first place.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 17 (90 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29186 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 21, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Chicio3 wrote:

Yes but then this would promote game sharing and such.

One person could buy a game, then if their friend wanted to play it, they'd just "gift it" to them, and then when they were finished, "gift it" back. Or gift it to another person who wanted to play. That's 3 sales down the drain.

You'd have to have very strict restrictions on such a tool, and those restrictions would also contradict the system in the first place.

As with anything, there will be people who will find a way to cheat the system. That's probably the reason why they haven't implemented a way to do it in the first place.

As for "trading in games", sell them yourself on Ebay. The couple of bucks you have to pay for the listing fee is nothing, compared to the amount of money you lose on the buy back, and you get CASH, not store credit.

Message 9 of 17 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3321 posts

Apr 21, 2013

can't remember the last time i actually sold a game...i think gamestop will gve you something like 2-3 bucks unless it just came out they might give you 10..might as well just keep them..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 10 of 17 (82 Views)
0 Likes