May 19 2013
By: xxgovexx First Son 1 posts

Playstation Vita Games on Playstation Plus (OLD and NEED TO BE UPDATED)

7 replies 174 views Edited May 19, 2013

I am on the border of canceling my playstation plus subscription on the basis that sony just doesnt have any good games in there for the vita. Dont get me wrong there are good games but I can purchase the hard copy of any of the games in there for less than $20 online. I dont know if its just me but if sony wants to keep me as a subscriber than they need to do something about this. Come on sony just throw some good stuff in there its not gonna hurt you.

Message 1 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2409 posts

Re: Playstation Vita Games on Playstation Plus (OLD and NEED TO BE UPDATED)

May 19, 2013
Personally i was kind of upset when they announced there was gonna be psp games.
This is just my opinion, but its like I might have well kept my psp, part the reason I bought a vita was because they said ps+ was gonna come to it. I don't really remember they saying psp was getting games too.
I didn't REALLY buy a ps vita to play psp games, (the only one I'd consider buying is locoroco1/2 if they ever go really cheap on the store).
I know only a small percentage is psp games like they've had 3 so far, but I just wish we could've got some vita titles instead, could have been small games too, just as long as they have trophies.
Message 2 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12620 posts

May 19, 2013

It's probably because there are very few AAA titles on Vita that if they did start offering them on Plus, they'd have eventually offered the entire PS Vita library for free (which would not please developers one bit).

The PSP has the larger game library so that's probably why they're being offered on Plus

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11363 posts

May 19, 2013

PlayStation Vita had only become part of the PlayStation Plus package not even a year into its life. At the time six free games were included, one being a PSP title. The PlayStation Vita library isn't enormous itself, not compared to the one on the PlayStation 3. If you're buying a PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Plus, don't expect to get much out of it Vita-wise (at least not right away) as the way the Instant Game Collection travels most times the game has to be months old for it to even be considered.

Message 4 of 8 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

May 19, 2013

i think the library is fine. great games available. just because the library doesnt cater to you doesnt mean its bad. your never gonna get a AAA title day one. never. its slightly older games. if its not for you, then just dont auto renew. but for alot of others, its amazing. 

Equality for all
Message 5 of 8 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

May 19, 2013

also its still new for vita, takes time. not everyone plows through games. the games will cycle out eventually, the fact you have these games avail forever in your download list as long as plus is active is pretty amazing. nintendo and 360 should take note. sony ps plus is a great service for many. but hardcore gamers might need more gaming than plus can offer. 

Equality for all
Message 6 of 8 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1909 posts

May 19, 2013
vita stil have Gravity Rush, Uncharted, and Wipeout it the Vita IGC because they are running a bunlde with it. PS3 had Infamous 2 and LBP 2 in it for months because they were running a bundle. once GR, U:GA, and Wipeout leave the IGC that will increase the number of games we see. Virtually, we're only getting 2 new vita games a month, and 1 new psp game.
Message 7 of 8 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

AriesSiren wrote:

also its still new for vita, takes time. not everyone plows through games. the games will cycle out eventually, the fact you have these games avail forever in your download list as long as plus is active is pretty amazing. nintendo and 360 should take note. sony ps plus is a great service for many. but hardcore gamers might need more gaming than plus can offer. 

Yeah i agree that it will take time, but still at the end of the day the problem is that Vita just lacks a library of DIVERSE games.  I love fighting games so honestly I like getting them on plus but there are a lot of people who are getting sick of them for sure especially Vita owners who have had 2 fighting games come out back to back I believe (Tekken 6 and now Blazeblue coming up).  For the Vita PS Plus to start being worth it at the end of the day the Vita needs to start pumping out games, and not have half (or more) of its library be ports of console games that people already played and/or own.  Also, Sony don't question our intellegence as most fans can clearly see that you jumped all over the Indie train b/c you can shovel tons of them onto the Vita as a stop gap to having beyond lackluster 3rd party support for retail games at this time.  Get it together already!  3ds honestly is just running laps around this thing and honestly I gotta agree its far more enjoyable right now.

Message 8 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes