Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: Playstation network and Racism

Apr 18, 2013
Also i cant say re@tard in the forum is gets bleep out unlike the word tard. So if anyone else rather me as a scape goat to to change the subject of what really happening then go right ahead. Some of yall are just off subject and it has nothing to do with racism. But it almso sound as if some of yall are cool with racism going.on that why you say the things you say
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 110 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 18, 2013

TRYRESA-916 wrote:
Also i cant say re@tard in the forum is gets bleep out unlike the word tard. So if anyone else rather me as a scape goat to to change the subject of what really happening then go right ahead. Some of yall are just off subject and it has nothing to do with racism. But it almso sound as if some of yall are cool with racism going.on that why you say the things you say

No one is saying they're cool with racism going on. Racism is disgusting and I think everyone in this thread would agree.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 110 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 18, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:And this is why  good postive  thread get locked. thank you for that..^^ thank you for all you  do...

what suggestion do have to better the  online  If ok to ask. are going to go silent  and your work done for the day? ? Let  us see  your best foot forward in the matter.? rathe then badegering.

This is what wrong with the community. Good threads  that would strenghten the ps community get locked. Folk  raher finds the  worm in the  garden than   the wolf in the chickn coop and say the worm  is doing more damage. Its  just sad to see

The only thing to do at this point in time is to do what other people have said, which is to report the person, and then block/mute them. She didn’t like that answer so there really isn’t anything anybody can do for her.

To solve the problem, well there really is no answer yet, but the best thing to do is to report them (but that has already been talked about).

Here is the good news (hopefully) with the ps4 it will recorded about 30 mins of game footage automatically, and when it does that it should also be able to make catching people that break the rules much easier to find, and ban.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 110 (228 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Apr 18, 2013
How am i being a hypocrite here?

Tard; someone who doesnt something stupid for laughs and kicks to get reactions from others. they love doing these things becuase they keep doing it.,

Last time i check wasnt racist and tard isnt even a race thst defines people its the actions and attention they seek out of it for doimg stupid. If you call a tard a tard they'll laugh in yoir face proudly. But since i directed tard towards a racist person yoi guys sit here and get but hurt. And i never directed it toward anyone in this room thst replied. So something that wasnt even for anyone here was taking out of contexts for what reason.???
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 110 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Please point out a post where i called anyone that reply a tard. Beside the original post thst was directed towards racist people becuase they are stupid therefore tards. Becuase they believe it easier to call someone the nword and to go back where you came from instead of just being open minded and get to know someone first
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 110 (220 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

Apr 18, 2013

TRYRESA-916 wrote:
How am i being a hypocrite here?

Tard; someone who doesnt something stupid for laughs and kicks to get reactions from others. they love doing these things becuase they keep doing it.,

Last time i check wasnt racist and tard isnt even a race thst defines people its the actions and attention they seek out of it for doimg stupid. If you call a tard a tard they'll laugh in yoir face proudly. But since i directed tard towards a racist person yoi guys sit here and get but hurt. And i never directed it toward anyone in this room thst replied. So something that wasnt even for anyone here was taking out of contexts for what reason.???

Tard is not even a word. So, I don't know where you're getting this definition.

If anything, it is a short-slang version of **bleep** -- which is not a bad word, if used properly -- but is commonly associated as a derogatory term used to describe somebody who is mentally slow.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 110 (204 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Wow well where you from where they you ret@rrd to define someone with special needs. That right there is a insult in its self. And i could be sarcastic and tell you its a word since it came oit my mouth, bit yoi proven my point both ways it make it easier to say thank you.

So no one in this post should be offended becuase i didnt witness anybody being slow since its just slang. And if its not a word then why has it become such a commodity in this forum is it wasnt even direct at anyone in this room who replied in the first place.. Some random just thought to take the tention off the real matter thats all
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 110 (192 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1129 posts

Apr 19, 2013

TRYRESA-916 wrote:
I know I'm not the only one who witness it going on with games that muiltiplayer capable. But i know forsure that im tired of hearing it when im just trying to enjoy online gaming with my friends.

As a female gamer and of color i feel i get it the worst. The worst online community I've played on psn network is Call of Duty: BLacks Ops 2. This place i have heard the most racial remarks and slurs and nothing seems to be done about. I have never been caller the nword or sexually harrass in real life. But online i hear it all. People seem to report these ignorant-tards but may see them later in time. And i know for a fact if i reported this guy calling me nword and mexican beaners etc then he has had to have said it a thousand times more after i report him. (still there?)

I wish psn comes up with this band that will permanently band your ps3 and account for signing up online. This means you will have to purchase a new ps3, and make a new psn email account. You will lose all your trophies save data, and my gosh dont be a ps plus user like me then you'll really be bent out of shape. Yes all this to stop online racism. Im 23 years old and I've been called the nword by some kid no older then 13. I tired of always happening to defend myself becuase some random person for what reason wants to say the n word like 80 millions tims like he knows no other words in his vocab. Psn has to be think this is okay becuase it gets worst by the sec and ive own bo2 since black friday. Even server from englands are racist towards americans in general.

I as a female and ps-plus user would like to just get online games with others and have fun. Not start races wars or have to witness this. This community also have kids in it and I'd be **bleep** if some lil kid im old enough to have disrespect me online becuase his parents arent around and he dont know what he even saying.

So please please playstation take my idea and think on it. Banning racist and sexual harrasser from getting online can easliy get rid of the negativity and make online play fun and enjoyable. (not enjoyable to pay for online to be called the nword every chance a ignorant person wants to get a reaction)

Whoa....your talking about a word? The "N" word? African americans call themselves the "N" word all the time; like its cool, lol. If I called myself a honkey then why would I be offended if someone called me that? I wouldnt BUT I dont do that.

You keep mentioning the word "tard".... thats offensive. People do not call themselves tards, do they? Youre contradicting yourself. You are being racist in that aspect IMO.

I will agree with you that playing online games is out of control, and people feel like they can say anything they want; even though they are wrong, hurtfull, and barbaric IMO. Thats why a game case always says " online play not rated by the esrb.

I am sorry you have been called the N word, and I myself have dealt with racism and the whole "oh, your american? so your fat? lolz."

Just keep your head up and be more civilized then them morons. We are all humans and thats that. People that are racist are small minded people, and are immature. I feel bad for them because they are just embarrassing themselves in the end.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 110 (168 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Where do you plan to stop? Just topics that cover you? I didn't hear anything about sexual orientation, religion, or anything else. I have been called the nword many times (I am not black), is that racist? I am from the south, I have a very heavy accent, I cannot hear it, so I cannot tell when it is showing. Do you realize how many times I have copulated with a relative or a farm animal because "That's what they do in the south"? Do I cry about it, or say ban them? No, I keep playing, I don't pick them up if they need healing, and go about my business. I have fun differently than you do, I have called men british cigarettes (I hope everyone gets this) and have been called the same.

Everyone gets the worst of it. The biggest reason for teamkilling I have seen in all of my games is "His voice is too nasally, kill him to make him quit (Not that I am a victim of it, I just happen to be witness to many nasally voiced killings)". Also, tard is a duragatory term which is a metamorphosis of the word **bleep**. Just like the nword is a metamorphosis of other languages word for black.

If you want to get into games with others and have fun, find people on boards. Say something like, "Looking for mellow friends to play black ops with who don't use racial or sexist slurs". I would like to make people watch a video about real discrimination before playing online games and complaining, but that isn't going to happen, I don't see why your method is so much better than blocking.

You realize the network is free, right? You are not paying to be called that, you pay for sales and some free games. I enjoy the ability to say so many offensive things, I don't have to watch my language like my parents are sitting next to me.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tard

Where did you get your definition of tard, I couldn't find it?

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 110 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

I dont think Playstation cares about this subject at all I am a 43 year old white Male(not that it matters) and im so tired of Playstation multiplayers communitys 2 favorite words *bleep* and **bleep** 

I think Sony itself stops caring after  youve already bought the product so I personally thinks its ok to talk some smack its just a competetive nature to do so but to add hate just really gets on my nerves and sony in case you actually read this Im not the only one people are really getting tired of hate in the world so stop enabling them to do so

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 110 (134 Views)
0 Likes