Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
13 posts

Re: Playstation network and Racism

Apr 19, 2013
I think it's funny that people some people think this is only tied to Sony, and that Sony doesn't care because Sony lets people say these rude things to people. Guess what? That's just online gaming in general, not just a Sony thing. It's a thing on Xbox Live (oh lord, the things one hears when they play something like Halo), as well as even just on PC games as well.

You just have to face reality: Poor sportsmanship, foul language, and overall just poor attitudes prevail throughout all online games. Companies like Sony and Microsoft can attempt to filter it or ban users, but they'll always find a way back. The only way to really rid the problem is to do what Nintendo did and just not allow any type of chatting for their online Multiplayer...and that in itself is pretty dull.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 110 (131 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3632 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

There's so much love in this thread.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 110 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Look just becuase something not in the dictionary online or written in a book doesnt me the word doest exist. Obviously the word tard is slang. And yes i formed my own definition. Are you mad? Becuase how is it that the word ret@rd in its original meaning describe someone of mental illness. (as i said earlier that a insult right there. So therefore i would never ever call someone with special needs a ret@rd.

Yet here we are focusing on the word that has nothing to to with anything. It wasnt directed at anyone in this room, but yet the word keeps coming up. And on top of thst you took your time to go online to look up the word not find it then send me the link to find it myself. What where you trying to prove here.

And someone also mention that black people call themselve the nword. Seriously??? that has to be the weakest excuse known to man to give himself.permission to also do wrong. .

This is not about me its bigger then that,even though a lot consist with me becuase i cant speak for other people only what i go through. But dont hate on me becuase i want what best for everyone..

I may not pay for to get on psn work but i do pay for comcast and i am a playstation plus user. So i do.contribute and still get my dlcs a month after xbox.

You said going throught this is life. No one should have to be harrass in anyway shape.or form wether if its online or in their face. The whole topic is about racism and how can it stop. All this thread had done is brung passive aggressive people out the shadows , people trying misconstrued my words , and then all of the sudden saying tard has become an issue. Becuase that like the only thing people can try to get me on, but funny thing is i called no one in this thread a tard . Its killing me im dying here . (dying dead died: new slang for its so funny. (so lets not turn this into a thing too))

Back to the topic please how can online gaming for both ps and xbox. Dealing with racism, sexaul harrasment religion slanders etc out of the community. So everyone can be at piece. Beside muting reporting and blocking, becuase its not working been there done that move one they make more profiles to harrass you when you blocked them. .
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 110 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

TRYRESA-916 wrote:
Look just becuase something not in the dictionary online or written in a book doesnt me the word doest exist. Obviously the word tard is slang. And yes i formed my own definition. Are you mad? Becuase how is it that the word ret@rd in its original meaning describe someone of mental illness. (as i said earlier that a insult right there. So therefore i would never ever call someone with special needs a ret@rd.

Yet here we are focusing on the word that has nothing to to with anything. It wasnt directed at anyone in this room, but yet the word keeps coming up. And on top of thst you took your time to go online to look up the word not find it then send me the link to find it myself. What where you trying to prove here.

And someone also mention that black people call themselve the nword. Seriously??? that has to be the weakest excuse known to man to give himself.permission to also do wrong. .

This is not about me its bigger then that,even though a lot consist with me becuase i cant speak for other people only what i go through. But dont hate on me becuase i want what best for everyone..

I may not pay for to get on psn work but i do pay for comcast and i am a playstation plus user. So i do.contribute and still get my dlcs a month after xbox.

You said going throught this is life. No one should have to be harrass in anyway shape.or form wether if its online or in their face. The whole topic is about racism and how can it stop. All this thread had done is brung passive aggressive people out the shadows , people trying misconstrued my words , and then all of the sudden saying tard has become an issue. Becuase that like the only thing people can try to get me on, but funny thing is i called no one in this thread a tard . Its killing me im dying here . (dying dead died: new slang for its so funny. (so lets not turn this into a thing too))

Back to the topic please how can online gaming for both ps and xbox. Dealing with racism, sexaul harrasment religion slanders etc out of the community. So everyone can be at piece. Beside muting reporting and blocking, becuase its not working been there done that move one they make more profiles to harrass you when you blocked them. .

**bleep** actually meant to inhibit something, such as a chemical reaction. I am not mad, but confused, why is it that tard is acceptable but the nword isn't? If I am not mistaken, are you saying that the only time you cannot use a slur is when they actually fit the definition? Tard is an insult, as you said, and is as duragatory just like the nword. You are just saying that one is worth a ban while the other is acceptable.

So just so long as the people labeled tards cannot hear, it is okay? I sent you the link to show that it doesn't have a definition, as you so boldly claimed. The only words you want to focus on are the words you find unacceptable. You complained about duragatory words, then used one yourself, that would be a ban to you.

I don't know who mentioned that people call themselves the nword, and I don't really care. But if you are going to get pissy about some people using the word, you should get mad at all that use the word.

"Its bigger then me". Really? You are playing video games, this isn't civil rights, this isn't a war, this is fake people shooting and using teamwork. Get off your high horse and stop trying to control everyone. You don't know what is best for everyone just like I don't. The only thing we can give is choice, the choice to listen to these insults or the choice to block them. I don't care if you get mad about hearing them, but suggesting that they be punished by banning when you are just too lazy to take 5 seconds and press block is where I draw the line.

What does paying for comcast have to do with this? Comcast isn't responsible for what goes on in a game, and there are many plus users, myself included, who enjoy being able to say what we want. I contribute as well. I pay for plus and PRTC to give me internet and I want to use foul language whenever I want.

You don't have to go through it, join a clan that accepts you or, and here is an idea, don't play. No one is making you play, therefore saying no one should have to experience discrimination doesn't apply here. No one is making you stay. It is just about racism according to you, what you said is duragatory against mentally handicapped people. That wasn't mentioned in your big statement. The fact that they are not diagnosed with this illness is irrelavent. The fact is that it is a hateful word and would be a bannable offense to you. No one is misconstruing your words, they speak for themselves. It doesn't matter that they weren't here to hear it, the fact is that you called people duragatory names. As I said, I don't have a problem with negative language, but you have said this negativity is bad. Calling people tard is part of that negativity. (Your parenthesis statement here is a combination of sarcasm and being passive aggressive, so don't act like you are innocent).

I have never seen anyone make multiple profiles to harass someone. If you are experiencing a stalker-like problem, I apologize, but that doesn't mean you have to go all pissy pants on anyone who uses words you don't like.

EDIT: Spelling error.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 110 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

Trust me i feel your pain although differently , im a black male and have only been called the "N" word on CoD no other multiplayer have i been called this... here's the thing CoD is a cesspool the internet as a whole is a cesspool , if you get offended by what you hear or see over the internet your not doing it right... this is where people can be anything they want and say anything they want without having to face any real consequences for it (for the most part)... so don't get offended by it brush it off and move along mute others and play with friends if you surround yourself with decent males (who aint trying to get with you lol ) i can bet you won't have much of any issues on multiplayer games any longer its worked for the girls in our clan and they can actually enjoy games now instead of being harassed... good luck to you and just brush it off the internet is a crazy place

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 110 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

It's good people here trying to give you sound advise don't attack them , understand we see people posting about problems like your's or similar daily around here its nothing new to them but no one here can do much other than give you sound advise already given above

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 110 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 19, 2013

TRYRESA-916 wrote:
Becuase i mention tard.. Definition of a tard is a person who deliberately do stupid things becuase they want too.

If your getting tard our of **bleep** which to me is a person who deliberately does something to stupid to seek attention or just becuase they think it cool, must have it mix up with the word special needs. (which is a person with down syndrome or some other birth illness that they cant help.) and i woukd never call a person with needs they cant help a **bleep** or tard. And if the mod deleted it then that on him but i dont know how to delete a post on here. And that would also make me look weak to silence someone view or thoughts even if their remarks seems as if they trying to find somthing to poke at being passive agressive.

But please someone tell me how to get to the box that uncheck the notification i get when people respond.. Tired of going to my email it its replies from this posting.

No, you're using "tard" without the two letters that go before it so that it doesn't get *bleep*-ed. 

using that word is VERY DIMISSIVE and does NOT define someone doing stupid things out of choice. It is a derogatory term out of being misunderstanding to people whom of which are austistic/have a spectrum disorder.

being stupid, for the sake of stupidity, is known as STUPID. your definition of "tard" is backwards thinking.... don't use urban dictionary.... because it makes you look more idiotic than your making yourself out to be.

I find it rather convenient that you're now arguing semantics about the meaning of words and actions of people and simply being abrasive to anyone, who can common sense and logic, who posts anything in here.

You start the thread with trolling, name calling, sexism, racially charged words, and now you're using "tard" as another way to stake your claim and justify keeping this thread going.

You're doing nothing productive here at all.....

The solutions have already been mentioned..... ignore, report, mute, leave.

And yet you continue the thread with useless banter as if thats not enough, for what?

Seems like you're someone who is NEVER happy with a solution and continues to make arguments for the sake of being argumentative.

You keep pressing the issue, except nothing is being done because there is nothing to be done unless you take the necessary steps.

The solutions have been stated and been in place since the PSN has been launched. 

Just drop it.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 110 (159 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4104 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Agreed.png

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 110 (129 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Apr 19, 2013
Same way on Xbox and PC that's one of the reasons there a mute button
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 110 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2485 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Tinys wrote:

I'm an African American Male and noone ever seems to sling racial slurs at me maybe its cuz of my voice i have no idea but i do hear other people get slammed all the time it is very annoying

Really? I get called the 'N' word all the time and I'm not the least bit African. It just seems to be a popular word to throw around.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 110 (173 Views)
0 Likes