Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 10 2012
By: bgrutt First Son 11 posts

Playstation's Creation of the Six Guy Clan, and the Six Best Friends!

0 replies 100 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

As a child, I was your average boy. I did what all boys do and lived my life doing things guys like to do. In the year 2000 I received a PSone combo pack for my 9th birthday. My favorite then and now was James Bond, and I mean every James Bond. My brother and I found a special connection with eachother through James Bond. Although he is 4 years older than I, nothing was better than kicking his butt on James Bond. It gave me that a-ha sense of feeling thinking that I was better than him at something. Within the next couple of years my brother and I pitched in on a ps2. Our idea of gaming completely changed. We were now into guitar hero and rock band more than ever. Other kids our age would be outside riding their bikes and playing basketball, while we sat inside playing in what we thought would be the best band of all time. Nothing would stop us now, we went on to compete at the local coffee shop and at school in guitar hero competitions and were known as the cities rock heroes. 

After years and years of playing, my brother entered high school and it was almost as if I no longer existed. I would play for countless hours by my self and try to make him jealous of how good I was, but nothing worked. I decided to start branching out at school to see if anyone else had a passion for gaming. In eighth grade, I met my very best friend, Connors. Unknowingly, the day I became friends with him was the same day he was going to stand up to me, as he viewed me as a bully. Years later I would find out that he hated how I treated him in 7th grade. He was ready to set me straight. But why would I all of a sudden be nice to him? I found out from his older brother (who was friends with my older brother) that Connors loved playing videos games. The first words I spoke to Connors that day were, "Hey so I hear you like video games, what kind are you into?" He quickly responded with shooters, and I would soon find out why. The first day I spent wit him outside school, he decided to show off his ps3 and a couple of his games such as Warhawk, Call of Duty, and Battlefield. He was a BEAST! I couldn't believe how many kills and how few deaths he would get each match. He was a born FPS kind-of-guy. He played strategically and he played to win. I picked up my phone immediately and called my mom, this is what I wanted for Christmas that year. 

Oh boy was I a happy kid that year. I got my very own ps3 and a copy of Warhawk. I put the game in and played all though Christmas break, but boy was I horrible! Were talking like a 0.2 kd and mostly losses. But that wasn't going to stop me. Connors and I would play for hours at a time until that one day came where I would finally beat him! It felt so good to be on his level! At that moment we decided to branch out for more friends who liked playing FPS. We were able to come up with a group of six guys who loved playing call of duty. We all went out and purchased MW2 and started our very first clan. We were a clan to beat. Each of us with our own style of playing created a unique yet powerful team. We would spend 48 hour weekends with non-stop MW2. Blood would be shed and we would add continuous victories upon victories. Some random point in time we were all fed up with using headsets and decided to start getting together for all of our COD nights. One of the guys has a huge man cave where we were all six able to hook up with a total of 3 projectors and 3 50in TV's. We were living the life. You know that search and destroy match where you wished you could have helped out your team, but your mic was muted when you died? This would be no more! A simple turn of the head to your friends TV and the victory would be sought! For the past 3 years this is how we have had our COD nights. We transitioned from MW2 to black ops, and we're now currently beasting it up on MW3. My friends and I are currently juniors in college or in the United States Military. 

For the past coupe of months, two of the guys have been stationed over seas. But this didn't stop us. We had PSN to thanks for that! Us four here in Ohio would stay up late to play with them during their lunch hours. COD and PSN together helped keep our friendship strong. One of the guys is now home from his deployment is Afghanistan while the other has all of November for leave. So you can already guess. We will all six be together at the midnight release of black ops 2! November will consist of countless hours and even days on PSN doing what we six love best, showing the COD community how to play right. If it weren't for PSN we would have lost almost all contact with out friends over seas and who knows where we would be today, or if we would even be friends if Play Station were non-existent. All six of us are die-hard Play Station gamers for life. Want to play with us sometime? The clan tag is bgrutt, and I'm on, well, almost all the time. Thanks for everything Sony, I can say I do believe!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 1 (100 Views)
0 Likes