Treasure Hunter
8196 posts

Re: Please Sony, do something against the Game Genie

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

ibenez95 wrote:

Don't ruin the fun for everyone else...

Why the hell do you care if we get all our trophies???

It's cool to get all our trophies, so stop ruining the fun for everyone else, why the **bleep** do you care anyways???

Because people are ranked on leaderboards on how many trophies they grab, and getting trophies by cheating is the definition of "ruining the fun for everyone else."

It's, like, riding a motorcycle through the 100m sprint event in the Olympics and everyone has to run, and setting an unfair record for everyone who plays, competes and grabs trophies legitly and sometimes through co-operation with other people.

On PSNProfiles, I'm ranked #4,812 Canada-Wide and #103,156 World-Wide. (Out of 31,500 Canadians and 720,710 Worldwide, making me part of the top 15%)

Totally legit, no cheats. Smiley Happy

UPDATE Jan, 16 2014: I am now ranked part of the top 5%.

Message 11 of 88 (8,652 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 19, 2012

"Please Sony, do something against the Game Genie"

You sound like a pathetic idiot! 

Message 12 of 88 (8,630 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Aug 19, 2012

ibenez95 wrote:

DUDE! SHUT THE **bleep** UP! Don't ruin the fun for everyone else, btw it's impossible to use cheats online, some of us like to cheat through the game to make it easier. Why the hell do you care if we get all our trophies??? You don't like it? Then don't buy it! Game genie and gameshark and action replay have been around since the 90s for gods sake! It's cool to get all our trophies, so stop ruining the fun for everyone else, why the **bleep** do you care anyways???

HOP OFF!

I got every single one of my trophies without cheating. If your using game genie or changing your game save data using a pc then your breaking the terms of use from sony, and should be banned. (just saying)

I agree with the OP. Smiley Mad

Message 14 of 88 (8,611 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 20, 2012
"I got every single one of my trophies without cheating."

Well what do you know, so have I! Oh and btw it's not violating the terms of use if they're letting hyperskin sell it. So we should be banned because we like to use cheat codes??? ur an idiot! Game genie has been around since the late 80s and no one has ever got banned! That makes no sense at all, you obviously know nothing about the history of game genie, gameshark, and action replay. People have been using them for a long time and you're whining about it now??? So no! We SHOULDN'T be banned, we would never get banned in the first place!
Message 15 of 88 (8,601 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

ibenez95 wrote:

Well what do you know, so have I! Oh and btw it's not violating the terms of use if they're letting hyperskin sell it. So we should be banned because we like to use cheat codes??? ur an idiot! Game genie has been around since the late 80s and no one has ever got banned! That makes no sense at all, you obviously know nothing about the history of game genie, gameshark, and action replay. People have been using them for a long time and you're whining about it now??? So no! We SHOULDN'T be banned, we would never get banned in the first place!

ibenez95 wrote:

See this is where you fail to understand.....

The EULA, TOS/TOU and all other legal documentation about modifying game code and other verbage that deems it illegal per the developer/publisher's documentation is a "catch 22" sort of thing.

THESE DOCUMENTS DO NOT HAVE ANY LEGAL PRECEDENCE OVER OUTSIDE COMPANIES TO PRODUCE, ADVERTISE, AND OTHERWISE SELL ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE THAT MODIFIES A GAMES  INTENDED USE TO GIVE THE PLAYER AN ADVANTAGE.

These documents exist ONLY as a "just in case", should someone be caught manipulating the game in a way that is against the original intended function that the developer/publisher has created for the end-user, as they also outline the consequences of such actions.
If you ever bothered to read these lengthy documents, you would know that we dont know actually OWN these consoles..... We merely bought a LICENSE to use the hardware, and willfull negligence of the fair use of the hardware and software, can mean that the manufacturer CAN revoke all privileges to said violator.

Microsoft almost RELIGIOUSLY bans online ID's, consoles, email addresses.... ANYTHING that identifies a person online who is violating the TOS/TOU/EULA . You've seen the youtube videos yourself no doubt. 
These companies are well within their rights to protect "the common man" from such indescretions.  

They do not prevent people from making these companies, making the "code breakers" or "hacks", or anything of the like from ever doing any sort of business.

The issue as to WHY they are bad for THIS GENERATION, is because everything depends on the ONLINE STATS for people. Anything that gives an unfair advantage to the user of such a device/program, is detrimental to everyone. 

When was the last time you know of someone who has a great education, a job that pays 6-7 figures and everything they could ever ask for because they CHEATED?

Ever heard of the ENRON fiasco?
If you read about it, you can summarize in just a few sentences, that in the most BASIC of understanding... the Executives CHEATED their employees and customers out of hundreds of millions of dollars. People who have relied on this company for their retirement savings, most who have well over $20k into their retirement plans.... LOST ALL OF IT..... YEARS of their hardearned money, GONE because people wanted to cheat the system.

Cheating has NEVER benefitted anyone, if only temporarily to the cheaters themselves, and Karma has ALWAYS come to bit them in the butt.

When you cheat in a game for a measly achievement, as opposed to others who actually had to PLAY the game with their wits. It doesn't make the game any fun for those who are not cheaters, as they are the ones who had to PUT IN THE TIME to get those proper achievements.

Boosting is a bit of a grey area, in most respects. 

Why would any HONEST gamer, have to play ANY GAME, if someone else is going to ruin the experience of obtaining items and achievements, if someone else is using a "Game Genie" ? 

Seriously, who is going to buy a  $65 game if someone beat the game, got everything accomplishment, every item in the game in a matter of minutes? Kinda defeats the purpose of it right?

And don't start with the "Oh but the legit gamers play the game without any hacks or codes, they just do it AFTER they beat the game" as that argument has long since lost its novelty with those who are actual LEGIT gamers and have almost NEVER used codes to progress in a game. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 88 (8,593 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Well...that sucks lol. Hopefully it doesn't catch on and Sony does something about it.Cat Mad

No remorse for compassion or love

GIFSoup

banner elfen lied fan
Message 17 of 88 (8,588 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 20, 2012
Are you writing a book right now? Good to know!
Message 18 of 88 (8,574 Views)
Fender Bender
3326 posts

Aug 19, 2012

well im no 10 year old kid,i go way back to the atari 2600 and have never needed or even wanted any of these cheating devices...why buy the game if your just going to cheat,makes absolutely no sense..the devices are for LOSERS who can't beat a game any other way..your better off to practice then maybe you can actually be a decent player instead of cheating...i hope developers will start making all game saves locked to where you can't modify them and then this will cure the game genie problem unless you have a hacked ps3 but thats another whole story..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 13 of 88 (8,632 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

ibenez95 wrote:

LOL i like how hes admitting all this on a SONY ran website... i think we should let him keep talking

Message 19 of 88 (8,563 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Its wrong when they are cheating for trophies that others have worked hard to get legit and they run threw and get a platinum in about 5 minutes ive seen it on many peoples trophy list where they plat LBP 2 in a matter of 5 minutes and thats fair to people who've worked hard to earn their trophies???  if youhave to use cheats and hacks to boost your trophy count you should be banned and i hope sony catches every one of you

Message 20 of 88 (8,560 Views)
0 Likes