Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
15655 posts

Re: Please Sony, do something against the Game Genie

Aug 22, 2012

ibenez95 wrote:
Ohhhh so now we're arguing about who has a better sense of humor, lol.

-Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it -E. B. White

Its not about sense of humor or not.... its about the principle of context and taking something seriously.

If all you're going to do is taunt others, you're better off just posting your useless drivel on youtube videos.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 31 of 88 (1,233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Heres's something that no one seems to consider. The game genie can alter a save file in ALMOST anyway you want if your smart enough to know how to use it, That means you can not only make the game easier if your terrible at gameing OR you can do the inverse like me and make them much much harder. I am of the opinion that their are really no difficult games, tedious maybe but not dificult. The game genie is the solution to that problem. Take Nier for example even when set on the hardest setting and using the weakest weapon in the game its still pathetically easy to beat everything even the dlc world of the recycled vessel which is 10x's harder than the game is a cake walk, To fix this I used the game genie to do several things first Set the main characters max hp to 1 second set attack and defense stats to 1 finally changed the weapon so its atk power is also one. The result is a game that is actually a challenge for once in the history of the ps3.

So all of this said I find the very idea that you suggest Sony ban players from their network or in any way hinder them from using their games any way they want an afront to myself and all of the other gamers out their who feel that the curent games are just to easy .

I am not saying that the game genie doesnt have some negative points but all in all sony has done pretty well with preventing any file branded with the Modded by game genie label from haveing access to trophies.

Thats all i have to say for now have fun trying to rip me appart like the children you and your rediculous arguments make you like.

Message 32 of 88 (1,202 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Oct 8, 2012

The point is, what this idiot poster doesn't realise is that sony can't just do anything against the game genie, it's a licensed company that has been around since the 90s. Also the new game genie doesn't support online, only offline. Also what do trophies have to do with online play? Trophies are for the people playing alone, so who cares? This poster's argument is invalid, I'm sorry to inform you. Also how am I taunting others? 

-Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it -E. B. White

Message 33 of 88 (1,187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 24, 2013

why is people arguing about the game genie is the people choice not anybody stop saying that we are ruining your game get a job am a soldier and is not cheating is just a video game if they dont mess with you dont mess with people that use the game genie you are definately a girl

Message 34 of 88 (1,075 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jan 24, 2013

As a child, Game Genie was like a gift from the heavens....I have no problem with cheating, just keep it offline where it doesn't affect others

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 35 of 88 (1,074 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7616 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Oh look, its this thread again.

For me, if you cheat offline, that's fine. However, if you cheat online, that's a problem with me as it affects me and other PSN users.

And it's not just Multiplayer Gaming. Cheating on Online Scoreboards, Online Trophy Profiles, it affects everyone.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 36 of 88 (1,072 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Exactly

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 37 of 88 (1,070 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 27, 2013
you need to chill out. the people who created game genie said they are NEVER going to push their cheats online. They only focus on singleplayer.
Message 38 of 88 (950 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12332 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Ice21 wrote:
you need to chill out. the people who created game genie said they are NEVER going to push their cheats online. They only focus on singleplayer.

You need to read dates, this thread was created a while back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 39 of 88 (947 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Conquerant wrote:

A new thing called the Game Genie was released. 

lol. this made me laugh.  i had a game genie for nes, sega, snes, gameboy, game gear... lol it was more of a fun thing to do once the games were completed... but it's different now of course... anyways... I know this thread is old but still funny to see that first sentence on the OPs post.  man, i guess i am getting old....

Message 40 of 88 (943 Views)