Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Please Sony, do something against the Game Genie

Apr 14, 2013
I've been gaming for a very long time. I've never used cheats, but I have played against people that do. I can say that those that use cheats make it so that they have an unfair advantage over people that play legitimately. I played Soul Calibur 3 online with someone that used cheats to give their brand new custom character all of the best skills in the game while having no equipment on the character aside from a weapon.

This is clearly cheating and it ruined the experience. I don't support cheating at all, since it can be used to modify any save data, it can be used to give you new weapons and such that you haven't unlocked in online save data. Take CoD for example. You can customize your weapons. Changing the save data for it makes it so that the player is able to give themselves attachments and perks that they normally would not have.

Is cheating wrong in gaming, yes it is. Should people be banned for cheating, yes they should.
My PSN
Message 41 of 88 (490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 14, 2013

No they don't need to be banned.

The reason why is I use Game Genie to help me out in games but I don't play games online since that is boring to me. I do have a account on my PS3 but I only use that to check out the PSN store here and there. If people were banned I would lose my access to PSN and that would really **bleep** me off. I don't want people to get banned that use Game Genie since that would mess my account up and I don't cheat online so you would effect me and others that want to just play happily. I been using Cheat devices ever since they were made for NES up to now and I won't stop using them since that is what makes my games fun and interesting.

I think this online gaming thing sucks and I think that Sony should of never added it in the first place since all it has done is made the games more boring and more stupid to play.

If Game Genie is banned or my PSN account banned, then I will raise all kind of hell for all Game Genie Haters and Cheater Haters, and I mean it 100% !!!  :smileymad:

Message 42 of 88 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7616 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Any cheating device should be banned as they eventually leak out online.

Gran Turismo 5 had good online play until cheaters went on with their 3000HP Civics and 100000HP X2012s and completely destroying online races.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 43 of 88 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Gran Turismo Sucks. lol
Message 44 of 88 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7616 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Totally supporting the ban. :smileyhappy:
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Message 45 of 88 (469 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18754 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Cornpipe75 wrote:
Gran Turismo Sucks. lol

Just because you don't like a game doesn't mean you can't just ignore the problems with it. I don't personally like racing/driving games like these, but for the greater good of the game and its fans, the cheating device needs to put down or banned.

Message 46 of 88 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Game Genie ill use it on an offline profile only
Message 47 of 88 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I remember the Game Genie and Gameshark. I had a Game Genie and somewhere I still have a gameshark for the Dreamcast.

Message 48 of 88 (439 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15651 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Cornpipe75 wrote:
Gran Turismo Sucks. lol

go troll elsewhere....

this thread isn't about comparing opinions of games

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 49 of 88 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 11, 2013

People should get over themselves. Has anyone went and read the online Q&A at the game genie website? They will NOT make codes for games that might affect online play.  So what's the big deal? People can get trophies however they want it is their freaking game. If I want to use cheat codes on challenging games I will. If it gets me a trophy so what I DO NOT  care. No one cares what rank you are in the world or where ever you are from. Video games are meant for entertainment not to compare yourself to to everyone else in the world. They are not meant to grow an individual's ego but to pass time. I know this this thread is old but people just need to get over this game genie. I grew up using gameshark, game genie and action replay codes. @ Doppel

Message 50 of 88 (387 Views)
0 Likes