Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1003 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name (8 Supporters) :) ***

Dec 5, 2008
Yeah like I said before. I would be more than happy if I could change my name, even if they charged me. I thought this ID up in about 30 seconds in a rush to get online and now I feel trapped with it. 
Want to change your PSN name without losing your trophies, friends, and store purchases? Please support this issue here.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 2,873 (470 Views)
Wastelander
740 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name (11 Supporters) :) ***

Dec 5, 2008

No no...I think XBL lets you change your name and charges for it

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 2,873 (470 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Dec 5, 2008
i support the idea and i think that 1 time per year and them 10$ if you want to change it again
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 2,873 (470 Views)
Fender Bender
3338 posts

Dec 5, 2008
People in Japan are already doing this for FREE and anytime they want.  No wonder why we are getting charged $1.99 for a theme, because people will pay for anything.
Peetsuh
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 2,873 (470 Views)
Wastelander
740 posts

Dec 5, 2008

pearce91 wrote:

You can't change your psn id yet,.

On  a **bleep** account you can change your name on the xmb but when online it displays the name you first  choose when you made the account

You talking to me? I know you can't change it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 2,873 (470 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name (12 Supporters) :) ***

Dec 5, 2008
or maybe if you decide to change your name they can put a little check box beside the confirm button that says "since you are changing your online ID, your friends may not know who you are. Do you wish to display your name out from your online ID on your friends' friends list? ex: WSW113 (Will_Wyco)
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 2,873 (469 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Dec 5, 2008

You can't change your psn id yet,.

On  a Japanese account you can change your name on the xmb but when online it displays the name you first  choose when you made the account

Message Edited by pearce91 on 12-05-2008 09:29 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 2,873 (469 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1003 posts

Dec 5, 2008

WSW113 wrote:
or maybe if you decide to change your name they can put a little check box beside the confirm button that says "since you are changing your online ID, your friends may not know who you are. Do you wish to display your name out from your online ID on your friends' friends list? ex: WSW113 (Will_Wyco)

Well if they did it correctly, your name would automatically be updated on your friends' buddy list, and send them a message saying something like "Hey your friend Bamfinator, has changed his name to NewnameXX123" I think that would be sweet.

Want to change your PSN name without losing your trophies, friends, and store purchases? Please support this issue here.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 2,873 (469 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Dec 5, 2008

@ grashopper yes-- sorry :smileytongue: i misread  ( i'm tired only had 4 hours sleep yesterday :smileytongue:

@peetsuh  if you would of read my post propley .. i said they can change there name on the xmb  but online it displays as your name that you choosen when creating the account  .. so the id change really is only for xmb/messaging.

Message Edited by pearce91 on 12-05-2008 09:30 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 2,873 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2277 posts

Dec 5, 2008

Don't just sign the thread, kudo the OP so the thread is more visible, especially to admins, etc.

I support this.  And I kudo-ed it.

Maybe 1 change anytime after 1st creation (i.e.--you hurrily make your ID, get online, decide it sucks, give you 1 free immediate do-over), and then after that you can only do it once every...3 months?  6 months?  12 months?

If they want to limit how many people want immediate do-overs, during ID creation it should give you a link to hop out to a leaderboad website so you can get a feel for what kind of names are out there.

The Warhawk wiki is here
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 2,873 (469 Views)