Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
3 posts

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

This is not the stone age, this is the computer age. Don't tell me this "can't" be done. It might take some work but it certainly is possible.

I've owned every console Sony has released including the PSP. I currently now own 2 PS3's because I corrupted my wife into a gamer and I want my own tv to play on when we play together. I currently own 53 PS3 games. I've also played EQ2 for over 4 years. I'm Sony's favorite type of loyal customer. You get the point.

I started with a PSN ID and have leveled myself to trophy level 13. When I finally started playing Black Ops 2 I wanted a more multiplayer friendly ID. I couldn't change the one I had so I created a second one. Now I'm stuck. When I play play for trophies, I use 1 ID. When I play multiplayer, I play the other one.

I'm worried about how many PS+ sub's I'll need to buy when PS4 launches. I'm buying 2 consoles when it does. I'm ok with buying one for me and one for my wife. However, I'm not buying one for each PSN ID I have. Users NEED to be able to change ID names. I, myself, NEED to be able to merge ID's without losing trophies, purchases, etc.

Sony...........please stop dragging your feet on something that should already be available. When I played EQ2 I could go to the marketplace I pay to change toon names. The technology is available to allow PSN ID name changes and merges. Don't let us down! Let's fix this issue and crush Microsft for good with excellent PSN support on PS+. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 2741 of 2,873 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

I agree with the OP. Sony please let us change our PSN ID name/gamertag. Most of us have been using the same name for years now and would very much like a change ASAP. I only want to change it once and I'm willing to pay a small fee.

Please use plain text.
Message 2742 of 2,873 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Jun 14, 2013

well, im happy with mine. 99% would like to capitalize the P though, but thats it. the idea though. i VERY much agreewith. charge a couple bucks for it even, give plus members a once a year option for free.

maybe add something to the profile though, a previous names list. the most previous made noticeable just so friends dont accidentally delete you,  

""putting my portable id here via moblie device is not as simple as i thought copy/paste function doesnt want to copy it right, oh well""
Please use plain text.
Message 2743 of 2,873 (431 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I think sony just doesn't know how to do such a thing, sony really sucks at software.

Please use plain text.
Message 2744 of 2,873 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jun 15, 2013

next time find the right psn 

Please use plain text.
Message 2745 of 2,873 (366 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Everyone I run into online thinks I'm Angry Joe. I never even heard of that guy back when I made this name in 2006. I know they are just trophies, but I wish I could change. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2746 of 2,873 (337 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Kayyyyyyyyyyden !!!!! Lol yeah , I'm pretty sure this will be implemented in the ps4
Please use plain text.
Message 2747 of 2,873 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 16, 2013
LoL two thousand seven hundred fifty some post since 2009 and Sony never gave a hoot. LMAO now thats funny really funny.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Please use plain text.
Message 2748 of 2,873 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jun 16, 2013
A Sony executive was asked this at E3 by someone at GiantBomb. The rep was unsure, but you can be sure they aware that people want to do it. I find it highly unlikely that PS4 won't allow this in some way.
Please use plain text.
Message 2749 of 2,873 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
63 posts

Jun 16, 2013

I have been saying this for years. I really do hope Sony allows US to have the option of changing their PSN ID. The option won't hurt. If you are happy with your PSN ID then don't change it but the option is always there for you to change it. If you are wanting to change yours then the option is available to you. For those who are against this option just don't participate in changing yours. End of story. But don't ruin it for those who want the option. In today's technology we should be able to change our PSN ID and edit any information on our account. It's not hard to track. Xbox does it and so does Sony for Japan. I had to re-create a new account and start all over loosing everything. I also wish Sony gave the option of transfering all your data from one PSN ID to another. There are those who have two PSN ID simply because the option wasn't available to them to change that PSN ID. So instead of having gamertag A & B. Just transfer all of A onto B and cancel A. Simple! Only time will tell if PS4 allows such technology.

SeminoleNative Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2750 of 2,873 (306 Views)
0 Likes