Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Nov 16, 2013

Message 2841 of 2,873 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 16, 2013

That’s one arrogant and selfish comment. Yes you are they only one that thinks that.  You are one of the few that may like you Gamer Tag as it is. But not everyone does and they would like a chance to it.

I see no reason why SONY should not offer this option. Make so that a person only can change his/hers Gamer tag once every year for a small fee  

photo Sevuz_13_06_2010-1.jpg
Message 2842 of 2,873 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Could we also be able to have sub-accounts get full privelages as a master account would once the user turns 18? I can't use any of the streaming features, nor the video clip and snapshot sharing features on my PS4 because my account is a sub account. Terrible.

Message 2843 of 2,873 (258 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 19, 2013
I think that the most unfair thing of this is that in Japanese accounts, or in Japan, you can change your user name. Why is Sony so exclusive with them? That option should be available for everyone
Message 2844 of 2,873 (229 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5452 posts

Nov 19, 2013

Snippy2442 wrote:

Could we also be able to have sub-accounts get full privelages as a master account would once the user turns 18? I can't use any of the streaming features, nor the video clip and snapshot sharing features on my PS4 because my account is a sub account. Terrible.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/11/12/psn-adult-age-users-can-now-transition-to-master-accounts/

Done.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2845 of 2,873 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2419 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013
Will people give it a rest already. The psn id's are first come first served and I don't see a good reason for it to change. If you can't get the id you want because someone else has it, it's no ones fault but your own (you had a equal chance to make any name you wanted when psn opened). How is it fair to steal someones else's id because the only play 1 game or they haven't been online in a few years?

I always see people asking for threads to be locked because the thread has "run it course". Why don't the mods lock this 4+ year old thread? Talk about a necrobump.
Message 2846 of 2,873 (217 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1066 posts

Nov 19, 2013
I agree that a name change option would be a really good thing for our community. I have found many users that regret their name choice. I did for the first few years because I thought I had made a mistake, but now since I have been able to use the same name across all of my video game communities. I like to be organized. XD
Message 2847 of 2,873 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Dec 24, 2013

With the PS4 out now, the fact that the competition has ALWAYS offered this, and the fact that they could make more money if they charged ten bucks for this option, why the heck isn't this done yet?  Why did Sony not make this change possible with the PS4? 

I hate my tag, and I don't want seperate accounts.  I don't want to have to start over with trophies, etc. 

Just get with the 21st century, Sony.  The fact that this thread is still active, ALMOST 3 YEARS after I last posted in it, is pretty darm pathetic.

Message 2848 of 2,873 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 31, 2013

I'd like for this feature to exist.
Sony has **bleep** me off. I registered my usual ID on SOE (Free DC Universe Online). When I wanted to use the same username on PSN it would not let me. I can't log in with that email address on PSN, but when I try to use the ID it says it's already in use (by SOE).

This is really pissing me off. If PSN and SOE systems are linked, then I should be able to log in to PSN using my SOE username. Or unlink the 2 systems so that I can create my prefered username on both platforms. This reeks of incompetance.

Message 2849 of 2,873 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 31, 2013

looks like a bunch of people need to grow up,you wouldn't want to change your name if you would have actually thought about it for a few minutes when setting it up..

So many people just got in a rush when setting up their account and now want Sony to come in and fix peoples stupidity...blame yourself because Sony isn't going to let this happen..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 2850 of 2,873 (97 Views)
0 Likes