Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
36657 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 1, 2014

nah jut make a new account changing names is stupid


Message 2861 of 2,880 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
8682 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 1, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

nah jut make a new account changing names is stupid


How is changing one's screen name stupid? 

I made this account when I was 16 and "69" was the coolest number at the time. Why is it stupid to want to change your screen name to something that reflects your current personality? 

Make a new account and abandon +1500 trophies? Yeah right. 

 

Can you come up with an intelligent argument to back up your statement? I'm not holding my breath. 

id 69 signature


  "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 2862 of 2,880 (528 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/05/2006
Offline
10192 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 1, 2014
I think you should be able to change it. If anything, once a year on your Anniversery date.
Message 2863 of 2,880 (521 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
36657 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 1, 2014

ID-69 wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

nah jut make a new account changing names is stupid


How is changing one's screen name stupid? 

I made this account when I was 16 and "69" was the coolest number at the time. Why is it stupid to want to change your screen name to something that reflects your current personality? 

Make a new account and abandon +1500 trophies? Yeah right. 

 

Can you come up with an intelligent argument to back up your statement? I'm not holding my breath. 


i was 16 too and i didnt think it was a cool number then

if you thought the number 69 was cool at any part of your age than lol you deserve to stay with that number or make a new name and get rid of your beloved 1500+ trophies


Message 2864 of 2,880 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/24/2012
Offline
274 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 2, 2014
If we were to change our names it wouldn't effect you.

Seems like you just want attention.
Message 2865 of 2,880 (501 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 09/30/2004
Online
36657 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 2, 2014

renejr818 wrote:
If we were to change our names it wouldn't effect you.

Seems like you just want attention.

not really ignorants

because if someone changes their name then what will happen to their old name? will it become available again?


Message 2866 of 2,880 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
8682 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 2, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

renejr818 wrote:
If we were to change our names it wouldn't effect you.

Seems like you just want attention.

not really ignorants

because if someone changes their name then what will happen to their old name? will it become available again?


AFAIK the Japanese can change their screen name ( Name that is seen by other people ) but they are not really changing their Online ID. So the old name is still tied to their accounts. 

id 69 signature


  "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 2867 of 2,880 (488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/28/2014
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Feb 28, 2014

There have been countless threads asking for the ability to name change, giving various ideas and reasons to allow it and stating how Japanese users are able to change their names at ease, but Sony seems very stubborn and very unwilling to listen to their consumer base on this issue so I don't think we can ever expect them to change their minds anytime soon.

 

I still however support this idea as I am another one of very many users who want to change their names due to poor foresight and lack of information (not realizing this name would be used for all games played online).  I made my account around the time the PS3 first released and obviously my personality and level of maturity are very different now then at that time and it seems fair that I should be able to change my name reflect my current self.   I also would happily pay for the change, despite the fact that this is a feature that should already be available to us and is for free for Japanese/Chinese users.

Message 2868 of 2,880 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/01/2007
Offline
236 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Jun 13, 2014

Let's bring this sucker back to life seeing as it's been 5 years.

Message 2869 of 2,880 (239 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/19/2010
Offline
12 posts
 

Re: ***Please add the ability to change your PSN ID/Name***

Jun 18, 2014

Support! I hate being stuck with a name I made 10 years ago. I have grown out of the name and now loathe it. It was a user name i start using back in 2002 for games and such and used it for every thing, so it seemed logical at that point to use it for my PSN ID.  As we change and mature as people,  so should our usernames. 

Message 2870 of 2,880 (221 Views)
0 Likes