Dec 06 2013
By: mh321 First Son 13 posts
Accepted Solution

Please gamers and sony reps see this and act fast

30 replies 989 views Edited Dec 6, 2013
First off let me say, launch night was incredibly nerve racking I haven't been so excited for something since I asked my fiancé to marry me! I'm totally a gamer. I love the case the packaging and the controller, I opted out of grabbing an eye until I can afford it, but so far my experience has been awesome. The graphics are phenomenal, I've even convinced a few Microsoft nerds to switch consoles. Here's where I'm gonna get to gritty part of my topic, I'm sure I'll grab mixed reviews from fanboys and others that are so impressed with out current economic model,. Which I am not.

No media libraries? No cd compatibility? I have to stream everything from the web?
With a slight amount of research one can find that sony is not in the best financial state of their history. They removed a lot of funding from sony pictures to make this a reality and a lot of what happens in the next six months will seal the fate of sony and their place in the history of the video game.

This leads me to the following question. I would like to, if possible, see an actual sony rep answer this for me.

What's in this for me? What are you doing for me?

I know sony has had to make some big sacrifices to get this out to us and I'm totally respectful to them for their sacrifices.
But did you put into consideration what I have to sacrifice?

I was told I would be purchasing a next-gen console. So let me break this down and see if the input is in my favor or if I'm being completely ridiculous. I would assume in order to make a next-gen system one would need to improve upon the previous generation, ultimately creating the next gen. Apple does it yearly with iPhones, iPads, and iPods and they've even made next gen headphones. The commonality I see is they are all improvement over the last gen, with new faster, smarter designed software and hardware.
So why was I sold a ps2 with beefed up graphics card and CPU, a web browser, and practically a psn clone of Facebook. (with the exception of the graphics) nothing is next gen.
With the lack of user library's and on hdd media, not to mention being strong armed into paying 10$ a month to have in game audio (a feat some ps3 games already can achieve for free and all xbox 360 games have), I feel as though I've been misled into purchasing something subpar to my ps3.

Still this isn't what gets me

What's grinding my gears is that I'm a hard working middle class American. I work 50 plus hours a week to pay for my gaming habits. I've purchased multiples of all sony consoles because the originals broke.

FYI: Since I was 12 (now 30), I've saved up and purchased 3 psones (overheating issues), 2 ps2s (power surging issues) and had to replace a 750$ launch 80gb ps3 exactly one year and two days after purchase, because sony made it so similar to a 360 I had the same overheating issues that cause the red ring of death (known as the yellow light of death on ps3). So in total I've spent 2200$ to date, on new and replacement consoles,many of which broke shortly ( or in the case of my ps3) days after the manufacturer warranties expired. I've never complained, searched for refunds, or gave you a hassle. I know these are risks buying a new console at launch. However outside of hardware purchases and replacements I have additionally purchased almost 10,000$ worth of software and titles from your company. On the ps3 alone I spent a total 650$ on only rock band dlc from the psn, countless psn game purchases, many dlc packs, controllers, ps3eye, move+navi controllers, a sharpshooter and various other on/off brand accessories. In essence I've probably spent close to 2000$ alone on my ps3. A little excessive I know but I love my gaming and I love sony PlayStation.

In order to purchase a ps4, (which when announced I couldn't afford) I did what hundreds of thousands of other PlayStation gamers did and exchanged my 2000$+ investment into a ps4. I traded all my physical discs and all accessories except the eye, one six axis (from 80gb launch ps3, not a dual shock 3), one move and navi and of course my ps3. I used to have enough of everything to keep a whole room entertained for hours upon hours. This if I may say so is a staggering amount of merchandise.

Do you know that it takes 4 dual shocks, 36 games, and 4 move/navis during a special at GameStop (200% trade in on top of normal value and 35$/7games over 2.00$ {One day only} with a power-up rewards card) to receive a 355$ credit?

That's what I sacrificed, a 3200$ investment for 400$ system. On top of this knowing that eventually the software and games I previously owned (and dlc) may never transfer to the ps4. Though this seems like a complaint it isn't I was happy with my sacrifice. just knowing I was moving into a whole new arena and era of the video game, it made me more excited.

However even reading up daily on ps4, I never found info pertain to what I was losing. Maybe I didn't look hard enough maybe I should have googled what ps4 doesn't have. Had I originally known the ui would lack so much in contrast to the ps3, I may not have wasted my old library and accessories for this. It would be one thing if the software and hardware just couldn't support it, but we all know in the manual for the console there is a cd read rate listed, which makes the consumer assume the technically advanced bluray player can indeed actually read a cd, sony just decided to nix a player from the system software and ui.

It's a simple patch to add back the user libraries, and offer cd playback. And since we have both sacrificed so much Sony, get to the present I don't think it's asking a lot to have the highlights of the previous gen implemented into the new gen. If in fact it is actually next gen shouldn't these items already have been there. Or should you have just named it Orbis and not tried to upsell Orbis as a PlayStation.

Simply if you have also sacrificed your time reading this and have got to this point I implore you psn account holders, complain about this!

Flood sony with requests to reimplement the simplicity we saw with the last gen. This is bull****, we shouldn't have to sacrifice all of our ps3 libraries and ps lineage or legacy for what, a experimental APU (that ATI won't release after years of testing) to emulates PC graphics. Why not buy a PC it can store music, videos, and pictures, and my god it plays them too (some Pcs are even cheaper than a ps4).
I'm thinking I should have just invested In a steambox, PC, or dare I say it Xbox one (at least that way I could watch tv while I play...so stupid).

And if this doesn't warrant a response, an OFFICIAL response, then I further implore you psn subscribers, psn users, ps3 users, vita users and ps4 owners;

boycott music unlimited, only buy the bare minimum off the psn.

Sony cannot, I repeat CANNOT suffer any losses throughout the next three quarters or it could mean the end of psn and PlayStation. Personally I believe that sony will respond and fix this in due time because I faith in them, like they had faith in me for spending all my extra money on them and not my girlfriend.

This is almost over...what made me come here today and unload is actually this. Black Friday 2013. You offered psplus to people in retail stores for 30$ a year:
Why was I not offered this when you knew I would spend money on your console and store. Man, I even told you guys months and months in advance, "here's two hundred bucks I'm in!"

Your server could barely handle the stress of 1 million ps4s connecting with psn on launch week, another sacrifice many of us dealt with until you fixed things. That's why not many die hard fans (like myself) have yet to complain about it, we understand and love you. Now ps4 has risen to two million units after Black Friday and you have at least a new 500,000 year long users(mainly younger children) about to flood psn at Xmas. I hope it's all together by then.

I guess what I'm saying, directly to your face Sony, is why are you willing to give the holiday rush of parents buying for children a deal for year long access (to convolute the servers with nonsense, as much seen and heard by anyone who's used an xbox) while hard working, money slinging, semi recluse, socially awkward (hope I nailed all of our cliches) gamers similar to me have to pay full price. Please don't say the 10.00 psn code, the bs music unlimited demo (which I tried at its launch on ps3, (btw thanks for musically backing me in a corner and then not letting me use the subscription because I used once on my ps3 two years ago)) should have been good enough. It's not nearly with the crap you are forcing us to pay listen just to try to keep up to par with Xbox (which unfortunately it hurts me to say and others to hear, but your not).no one understands why Sony has not exceeded them like you should have done two or three years ago (you would have if you just utilized everything in the box, not just replicate minimums established by Microsoft and EA).

Gamers pay special attention to this comment particularly. And side with it, for if not other gamers, then for yourselves and your investment.

If you want our money were more than happy to give it to you, just don't limit us or we will limit or spending.

Please psn users pay attention to this and take part now. This is the time in gaming history that we unite and take the reigns back. To guide what we love into the future. We all are good at challenges that's what makes us gamers, the challenge here is to push sony back into ingenuity and innovation, not social media websites and clones of other consoles with false describers such as next gen.

I've also beta tested various applications, the original psn(ps store)beta, netflix beta, mag (last 3 phases), and hopefully elder scrolls online when it's available. I would love to do more to help PlayStation.

Last but not least, Sony fix the share blog at share.playstaion.com. If you are a gamer and don't know what it is, you should. it's where we give sony the ideas that make a next gen console how we want it, to improve our ps4 software and ui and ask for implementation of new softwares and innovations like oculus rift (Sony is making a hmd or head mounted display for ps4 now). Currently it is overcrowded with requests for games that are far outdated with a small consumer demand. No one has added in over a year any good ideas except licensing apple siri or google voice for integration into ps3/ps4 ui.

Emphasize on us here in the now and on the ps4. We should all be united on this, gamers and sony it's not asking too much.

...and as a special not to Sony:
I'd like to see an offer in my psn inbox on my ps4 for a discounted ps plus price before I subscribe, or else I won't.
You can look at my lifetime psn purchase history and please use it to base the discount you will offer me on whatever you think you will recoup in the following 6mos and decide if you would like for me to spend that much on ps4 or just play what I can without the subscription or music unlimited.
If nothing happens, I won't buy another game unless it's on disc so I know you won't make as much in licensing. I could even sell this ps4 for a hefty price before Xmas and get a xb1 in spring.
The balls in your court sony, please I beg don't let me down on this.
My username is mh321.
Anyone can friend me.
...I've said enough for the rest of the year.
Message 1 of 31 (989 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7417 posts

Re: Please gamers and sony reps see this and act fast

Dec 6, 2013

tl;dr

Photobucket
Message 2 of 31 (971 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Deja Vu...

Wow I read that whole thing....

I was going to copy and paste it and replace "sacrifice" with "choice" and "inconvenience" in a few places but then I realize I am probably the only person who will actually read the whole thing once, let alone my edited version.

Take away?

Cheer up buckaroo,

Seems much your initial disappointment could've been mitigated by a little research and you could have saved up instead of selling off all your PS3 gear as well after you found out the PS4 was not going to be what you hoped for at launch.

The choices were made, the inconveniences will pass.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 3 of 31 (961 Views)
Big Daddy
18882 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Wow, that's quite the essay you got. Unfortunately I don't think you're going to get an official response, this is more of a user-to-user community.

You probably could have gotten a better return on your investment selling some of your unused stuff privately; GameStop severely undervalues trades.

Sony has said they are looking to add some removed media features, and I'm sure we'll see others down the road as well. The PS3 got a lot of features over its lifetime. A little patience is required for now though.

Message 4 of 31 (949 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 6, 2013
I almost made it through the whole thing but my short attention span got the oooh shiny.

-"Q"
Message 5 of 31 (912 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 6, 2013
Agreed inconvenient, and a choice I made. But some choices include sacrifice. Hence the word choice. And yeah it is inconvenient, and will pass I am very patient. The last time I posted to a forum similar was after beta testing mag. Sony in response officially sent me links one week before all dlc released for the game for free download. You know the user name sony officials use if they've contacted you it's a one way message. Probably because network numbers were in steady decline, but never say never. As for research I did plenty up til launch week that's where I went wrong after it was paid and my stuff was gone. So yeah shame on me, but point in matter if you have one at a point in time that first week I haven't talked to anyone that didn't feel a little ripped off, non graphically. Sry about the essay I'm not a blogger so it's a one roll thing for me. prob wouldn't have seen these comments if the page wasn't still up on my iPhone.

But the attitude towards the post, Is what I'm really talking about. If you have a ps4 wouldn't you like those things on it? Wouldn't you feel like your money was better spent? These items are simple and standard to unix and windows, an audio player, sole file structures and the console is unix based they could make the tabs in a day. And honestly it was probably more work to not put them in the console off the bat. If not boycotting and taking rebellious action at least note that it was wrong to impair a console to get us to spend more money out of the box.

And know you me and anyone that reads this is responsible as it comes to making sony aware what is ok or too much or too little. If your attitude is oh well it will pass, or maybe one day.. Then it will not happen in any timely fashion. I'd rather see this taken care of early in its launch rather than later. But very true comments on ur part dude!!
Message 6 of 31 (905 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 6, 2013
Also I sold what I could privately and made out like a bandit at GameStop. The ps4 and bf4 cost me 45$ out of pocket
Message 7 of 31 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 6, 2013
You stole my line Qeuzun! I was just about to write something similar! Ha Ha!
Message 8 of 31 (894 Views)
Fender Bender
3574 posts

Dec 6, 2013

mh321 wrote:
First off let me say, launch night was incredibly nerve racking I haven't been so excited for something since I asked my fiancé to marry me! I'm totally a gamer. I love the case the packaging and the controller, I opted out of grabbing an eye until I can afford it, but so far my experience has been awesome. The graphics are phenomenal, I've even convinced a few Microsoft nerds to switch consoles. Here's where I'm gonna get to gritty part of my topic, I'm sure I'll grab mixed reviews from fanboys and others that are so impressed with out current economic model,. Which I am not.

No media libraries? No cd compatibility? I have to stream everything from the web? MP3 and DLNA support will be added in a future update (not sure if this helps but whatever)
With a slight amount of research one can find that sony is not in the best financial state of their history. They removed a lot of funding from sony pictures to make this a reality and a lot of what happens in the next six months will seal the fate of sony and their place in the history of the video game.

This leads me to the following question. I would like to, if possible, see an actual sony rep answer this for me.

What's in this for me? What are you doing for me?

I know sony has had to make some big sacrifices to get this out to us and I'm totally respectful to them for their sacrifices.
But did you put into consideration what I have to sacrifice?

I was told I would be purchasing a next-gen console. So let me break this down and see if the input is in my favor or if I'm being completely ridiculous. I would assume in order to make a next-gen system one would need to improve upon the previous generation, ultimately creating the next gen. Apple does it yearly with iPhones, iPads, and iPods and they've even made next gen headphones. The commonality I see is they are all improvement over the last gen, with new faster, smarter designed software and hardware.
So why was I sold a ps2 with beefed up graphics card and CPU, a web browser, and practically a psn clone of Facebook. (with the exception of the graphics) nothing is next gen. The PS4 UI is way better in my opinion. The 8GB GDDR5 ram over 512MB split RAM is way better. A feature we've wanted, party chat, is one of my favourite features. The messaging system is also exceptional, allowing us to make chats with many users and send voice messages as well.
With the lack of user library's and on hdd media, not to mention being strong armed into paying 10$ a month to have in game audio (a feat some ps3 games already can achieve for free and all xbox 360 games have), I feel as though I've been misled into purchasing something subpar to my ps3. Since you were an adopter of the PS3 when it was first released, the current state of the PS3 and the launch PS3 are very different, many things have been added. I'm expecting the same to occur for the PS4 with the features that are on PS3 plus more.

Still this isn't what gets me

What's grinding my gears is that I'm a hard working middle class American. I work 50 plus hours a week to pay for my gaming habits. I've purchased multiples of all sony consoles because the originals broke. I work hard too as well as many of the people who own a  PS4.

FYI: Since I was 12 (now 30), I've saved up and purchased 3 psones (overheating issues), 2 ps2s (power surging issues) and had to replace a 750$ launch 80gb ps3 exactly one year and two days after purchase, because sony made it so similar to a 360 I had the same overheating issues that cause the red ring of death (known as the yellow light of death on ps3). So in total I've spent 2200$ to date, on new and replacement consoles,many of which broke shortly ( or in the case of my ps3) days after the manufacturer warranties expired. I've never complained, searched for refunds, or gave you a hassle. I know these are risks buying a new console at launch. However outside of hardware purchases and replacements I have additionally purchased almost 10,000$ worth of software and titles from your company. On the ps3 alone I spent a total 650$ on only rock band dlc from the psn, countless psn game purchases, many dlc packs, controllers, ps3eye, move+navi controllers, a sharpshooter and various other on/off brand accessories. In essence I've probably spent close to 2000$ alone on my ps3. A little excessive I know but I love my gaming and I love sony PlayStation. Good for you.

In order to purchase a ps4, (which when announced I couldn't afford) I did what hundreds of thousands of other PlayStation gamers did and exchanged my 2000$+ investment into a ps4. I traded all my physical discs and all accessories except the eye, one six axis (from 80gb launch ps3, not a dual shock 3), one move and navi and of course my ps3. I used to have enough of everything to keep a whole room entertained for hours upon hours. This if I may say so is a staggering amount of merchandise.

Do you know that it takes 4 dual shocks, 36 games, and 4 move/navis during a special at GameStop (200% trade in on top of normal value and 35$/7games over 2.00$ {One day only} with a power-up rewards card) to receive a 355$ credit? Next time you should try to sell your stuff yourself and not to a retailer like Gamestop, you'll make a lot more money.

That's what I sacrificed, a 3200$ investment for 400$ system. On top of this knowing that eventually the software and games I previously owned (and dlc) may never transfer to the ps4. Though this seems like a complaint it isn't I was happy with my sacrifice. just knowing I was moving into a whole new arena and era of the video game, it made me more excited.

However even reading up daily on ps4, I never found info pertain to what I was losing. Maybe I didn't look hard enough maybe I should have googled what ps4 doesn't have. Had I originally known the ui would lack so much in contrast to the ps3, I may not have wasted my old library and accessories for this. It would be one thing if the software and hardware just couldn't support it, but we all know in the manual for the console there is a cd read rate listed, which makes the consumer assume the technically advanced bluray player can indeed actually read a cd, sony just decided to nix a player from the system software and ui. Sony released a video showing the UI.

It's a simple patch to add back the user libraries, and offer cd playback. And since we have both sacrificed so much Sony, get to the present I don't think it's asking a lot to have the highlights of the previous gen implemented into the new gen. If in fact it is actually next gen shouldn't these items already have been there. Or should you have just named it Orbis and not tried to upsell Orbis as a PlayStation.

Simply if you have also sacrificed your time reading this and have got to this point I implore you psn account holders, complain about this!

Flood sony with requests to reimplement the simplicity we saw with the last gen. This is bull****, we shouldn't have to sacrifice all of our ps3 libraries and ps lineage or legacy for what, a experimental APU (that ATI won't release after years of testing) to emulates PC graphics. Why not buy a PC it can store music, videos, and pictures, and my god it plays them too (some Pcs are even cheaper than a ps4). Not everyone sold all their video games for a PS4. I'll take a dedicated gaming machine over a PC any day.
I'm thinking I should have just invested In a steambox, PC, or dare I say it Xbox one (at least that way I could watch tv while I play...so stupid).

And if this doesn't warrant a response, an OFFICIAL response, then I further implore you psn subscribers, psn users, ps3 users, vita users and ps4 owners;

boycott music unlimited, only buy the bare minimum off the psn. No thanks.

Sony cannot, I repeat CANNOT suffer any losses throughout the next three quarters or it could mean the end of psn and PlayStation. Personally I believe that sony will respond and fix this in due time because I faith in them, like they had faith in me for spending all my extra money on them and not my girlfriend.

This is almost over...what made me come here today and unload is actually this. Black Friday 2013. You offered psplus to people in retail stores for 30$ a year:
Why was I not offered this when you knew I would spend money on your console and store. Man, I even told you guys months and months in advance, "here's two hundred bucks I'm in!" I don't even- You go to store, buy PS+ code,  redeem it, play. What's the issue here? You could have just gone to a retailer yourself.

Your server could barely handle the stress of 1 million ps4s connecting with psn on launch week, another sacrifice many of us dealt with until you fixed things. That's why not many die hard fans (like myself) have yet to complain about it, we understand and love you. Now ps4 has risen to two million units after Black Friday and you have at least a new 500,000 year long users(mainly younger children) about to flood psn at Xmas. I hope it's all together by then.

I guess what I'm saying, directly to your face Sony, is why are you willing to give the holiday rush of parents buying for children a deal for year long access (to convolute the servers with nonsense, as much seen and heard by anyone who's used an xbox) while hard working, money slinging, semi recluse, socially awkward (hope I nailed all of our cliches) gamers similar to me have to pay full price. EVERYONE could have bought a 1 year PS+ subscription. Please don't say the 10.00 psn code, the bs music unlimited demo (which I tried at its launch on ps3, (btw thanks for musically backing me in a corner and then not letting me use the subscription because I used once on my ps3 two years ago)) should have been good enough. It's not nearly with the crap you are forcing us to pay listen just to try to keep up to par with Xbox (which unfortunately it hurts me to say and others to hear, but your not).no one understands why Sony has not exceeded them like you should have done two or three years ago (you would have if you just utilized everything in the box, not just replicate minimums established by Microsoft and EA).

Gamers pay special attention to this comment particularly. And side with it, for if not other gamers, then for yourselves and your investment.

If you want our money were more than happy to give it to you, just don't limit us or we will limit or spending.

Please psn users pay attention to this and take part now. This is the time in gaming history that we unite and take the reigns back. To guide what we love into the future. We all are good at challenges that's what makes us gamers, the challenge here is to push sony back into ingenuity and innovation, not social media websites and clones of other consoles with false describers such as next gen.

I've also beta tested various applications, the original psn(ps store)beta, netflix beta, mag (last 3 phases), and hopefully elder scrolls online when it's available. I would love to do more to help PlayStation.

Last but not least, Sony fix the share blog at share.playstaion.com. If you are a gamer and don't know what it is, you should. it's where we give sony the ideas that make a next gen console how we want it, to improve our ps4 software and ui and ask for implementation of new softwares and innovations like oculus rift (Sony is making a hmd or head mounted display for ps4 now). Currently it is overcrowded with requests for games that are far outdated with a small consumer demand. No one has added in over a year any good ideas except licensing apple siri or google voice for integration into ps3/ps4 ui.

Emphasize on us here in the now and on the ps4. We should all be united on this, gamers and sony it's not asking too much.

...and as a special not to Sony:
I'd like to see an offer in my psn inbox on my ps4 for a discounted ps plus price before I subscribe, or else I won't. I want Sony to send me 600 PS4s... oh wait... they won't. :smileywink:
You can look at my lifetime psn purchase history and please use it to base the discount you will offer me on whatever you think you will recoup in the following 6mos and decide if you would like for me to spend that much on ps4 or just play what I can without the subscription or music unlimited.
If nothing happens, I won't buy another game unless it's on disc so I know you won't make as much in licensing. I could even sell this ps4 for a hefty price before Xmas and get a xb1 in spring.
The balls in your court sony, please I beg don't let me down on this.
My username is mh321.
Anyone can friend me.
...I've said enough for the rest of the year.

I hope you make the decision right for you.

Message 9 of 31 (889 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 6, 2013

Eh, I planned ahead, my PS3 is sitting right under my PS4 doing all the things I knew my PS4 would not be able to do.

Would I like to see the PS4 do everything? Sure but due to my planning I am neither anxious or feeling ripped off nor feeling the need to plead for boycotts of revolutions.

I got just what I paid for, nothing more, nothing less. Everything from here on out is gravy.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 10 of 31 (880 Views)