Nov 16 2012
By: welsel123 First Son 1 posts

Please help me (keyboard for ps3)

10 replies 2936 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

Hey 

I have bought a (Logetich wireless combo mk520) 

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard-mice-combos/wireless-combo-mk520

I didn't open the box yet so i can make sure it's compatible with the ps3 and that i can play black ops 2 from it ..

Please help me i'm a noob :smileysad:

Message 1 of 11 (2,936 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9037 posts

Re: Please help me (keyboard for ps3)

Nov 16, 2012

I have the Logitech EK100 Wireless Mouse/Keyboard combo and it works perfectly.  The Keyboard works in all text applications, both in-game and via XMB.  The Mouse operates the XMB and the web browser as well as it does on any computer.

As for gaming with the kb/m, there are very few games that support it.  Black Ops 2 is not one of them.  The only 'current' title that supports kb/m is Eve: Dust514, which is currently in beta.

Message 2 of 11 (2,923 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I have the Logitec K340

It works fine for typing, and navigation, but I do not try to use it for gaming.  After all, it is a platform gaming medium. I have heard solid revues of the XIM Edge though.

You have to order it through Amazon UK, or directly from XIM.  It is an adaptor to use the keyboard and mouse for any game. I hear there is NO LAG, or interference.  Runs seamlessly, from what I am told.  It costs about $80.00 US.

I do however believe, when playing online in a platform system server, it is kind of cheating to use the keyboard / mouse combo.  

While there are disadvantages to using the keyboard versus the DS3 (weapon select mostly), the one solid advantage the K / M sync has, is faster and more accurate aiming.  The difference in speed is not extreme, but in the midst of CC DM, it becomes an outright cheat to have the K / M setup, IMHO.

For CPU Gaming, I use the Logitec Wireless Solar K750 Keyboard, and the Logitec Performance Mouse MX.  The mouse is wireless, I know corded is better for gaming, but the cord bugs the S out of me.  If you like gaming mice, you can try the Logitec G600 MMO Gaming Mouse (Also cordless).  A goof Logitec corded one is the Gaming Mouse G300.

Just some ideas, but I think you need an adaptor to successfully play the games you want on the PS3 with the K /M set up.

Moble

Message 3 of 11 (2,912 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 17, 2012

I use a wireless Micro$oft Arc Keyboard, lol funny thing is I didn't know the brand until I actually looked just now. Its very small and perfect for my PS3 use. Only game I play online though is DCUO and it works perfectly with it. I also have 3 others I use on my computers and love em. I use a Logitech G19 keyboard, G13 gamepad and Cyborg M.M.O 7 mouse on my gaming PC.

Message 4 of 11 (2,904 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9037 posts

Nov 17, 2012

moblesuit75 wrote:

I do however believe, when playing online in a platform system server, it is kind of cheating to use the keyboard / mouse combo.

I agree with you.  But when a game supports it natively (as Dust514 does), there's not much you can do about it.

There are peripherals that map the DS3 to kb/m, but they are fairly hard to come by and that is, in fact, cheating.

Message 5 of 11 (2,892 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 7, 2013

ok so if a kb/m is cheating then i guess using a wheel for driving games is cheating or using a gun for shooter games is cheating as well cause that is what you are implying to us right nowand also playstation should of made the options to use keyboard and mice for games since there is some of us that likes to have that option then using a controller

Message 6 of 11 (2,590 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2233 posts

Feb 7, 2013
I believe the PS3 is working with all USB keyboards.

Signature02.png

Message 7 of 11 (2,586 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 7, 2013

Ecks24 wrote:

ok so if a kb/m is cheating then i guess using a wheel for driving games is cheating or using a gun for shooter games is cheating as well cause that is what you are implying to us right nowand also playstation should of made the options to use keyboard and mice for games since there is some of us that likes to have that option then using a controller

They're implying that the advantages of using a mouse and keyboard overpower what a standard controller can provide. Mouse and keyboard are more along the line of modded controllers with rapid fire rather than racing wheels and dualshock controllers.

Message 8 of 11 (2,581 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 27, 2013
i have a draxter keyboard i look on videos on yt but de al say switch the butten on the side but my keyboard don have a button on the side i buy it from a friend but dot now ho to connect it whit ps3 mayby u cen help
Message 9 of 11 (1,868 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 27, 2013
i found how sorry my excuse
Message 10 of 11 (1,866 Views)
0 Likes