Ghost of Sparta
15326 posts

Re: Please please sony for the love of god fix this.

Jul 9, 2013

I suppose everyone that is having a cow over this will cry for a mile when they read this. Ha two idioms in one sentence.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/09/shuhei-yoshida-you-cant-turn-off-the-light-bar-on-the-dualsho...

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 31 of 113 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I have something  between me and the tv so non issue here. It's not blocking my view but  it would block that light for sure.

Message 32 of 113 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Jul 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

I suppose everyone that is having a cow over this will cry for a mile when they read this. Ha two idioms in one sentence.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/09/shuhei-yoshida-you-cant-turn-off-the-light-bar-on-the-dualsho...

? That's great news. A solution for potential problems.

Netflix will probably shut the light off; certain games that have no need for it will probably shut it off too.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 33 of 113 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jul 9, 2013

deaofly wrote:
CaptainAlbator has been with the PlayStation community for 13 years. Sometimes he can be hard and direct with his point but he has also contributed alot over those 13 years to help other users. He is pretty well know on the forums and sometimes you might not agree with him or what he says but he has alot of knowledge of what's going on. He's an MVP for very good reasons, just sometimes he has his way of telling things to other people Smiley Wink

disagree.

Captain is the biggest jack **bleep** on this site.  thinks his opinion is gold and everyone else is a dumb **bleep**.  If I was a mod, I would ban him.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 34 of 113 (130 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15326 posts

Jul 9, 2013

teeborg wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Netflix will probably shut the light off; certain games that have no need for it will probably shut it off too.

Why would you be holding the controller while watching a movie anyway?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 35 of 113 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

Jul 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

teeborg wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Why would you be holding the controller while watching a movie anyway?

I'd have it on my coffee table. I'd rather not have a bright blue light in my peripheral vision.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 36 of 113 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Jul 9, 2013

torch1177 wrote:

Um taping it isnt a good idea just because of the tap residue left behind.

Never of painters tape or gaffer tape?

both leave zero residue even if left for days.

And its not like you can't clean it off with a damp cloth and some windex.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 37 of 113 (112 Views)
Big Daddy
16824 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Everyone is up in arms about this.... christ.....

Heres a thought..... did you know that the camera used to film this is at an elevated positioin, which the TV acts like a mirror and shows reflections that do not show to the two gentleman discussing PlayRoom because they are sitting at a lower level than the camera?
If you don't know how reflections work at different angles.... you might want to go into your bathroom and play around with the mirror in your medicine cabinet and take notice how you can see things that are out of your field of view without actually looking directly at the mirror.

How about the fact that, this shows why you shouldn't get a glossy-screened HDTV, especially in rooms where there will be many different light sources.

But you know..... theres several that YOU can fix this without Sony ever bothering to do anything....

1) Either have your hands sit lower than your TV, or your TV sit higher. Ideally, the "vertical center" of a display should be at eye level. Inherently, that suggests that BOTH will occur just from that.

2) using painters tape or gaffer tape to cover the light bar. Both do not leave ANY residue on any surface they sit on. And if you use a tape that does leave residue, like Duct Tape or packing tape, its nothing that warm damp cloth and some mild cleaning detergent can't fix.

Jesus you guys nit-pick at everything. especially when it shows up on reddit or some other blog site.

Get real people..... 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 38 of 113 (111 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Dude Sony doesn't read this. If you want to suggest something go to www.share.blog.us.playstation.com

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 39 of 113 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I don't see the big deal.

Sony has already said it won't turn off. If you could turn off the PS Move ball, I wasn't aware. But, I never read / heard of anyone having issues with it on while they were playing.

If it does bother some gamers, just play with a towel (or something) over your hands / controller.

I personally don't play with my controller pointing at my TV (or know anyone else who does), so it shouldn't be an issue here.

JSiggy wrote:

deaofly wrote:
CaptainAlbator has been with the PlayStation community for 13 years. Sometimes he can be hard and direct with his point but he has also contributed alot over those 13 years to help other users. He is pretty well know on the forums and sometimes you might not agree with him or what he says but he has alot of knowledge of what's going on. He's an MVP for very good reasons, just sometimes he has his way of telling things to other people Smiley Wink

disagree.

Captain is the biggest jack **bleep** on this site.  thinks his opinion is gold and everyone else is a dumb **bleep**.  If I was a mod, I would ban him.

Thank God you're not then. Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 40 of 113 (86 Views)