I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Re: Please please sony for the love of god fix this.

Jul 9, 2013

JSiggy wrote:

deaofly wrote:
CaptainAlbator has been with the PlayStation community for 13 years. Sometimes he can be hard and direct with his point but he has also contributed alot over those 13 years to help other users. He is pretty well know on the forums and sometimes you might not agree with him or what he says but he has alot of knowledge of what's going on. He's an MVP for very good reasons, just sometimes he has his way of telling things to other people Smiley Wink

disagree.

Captain is the biggest jack **bleep** on this site.  thinks his opinion is gold and everyone else is a dumb **bleep**.  If I was a mod, I would ban him.

@deaofly...yeah...no i think that's a bad way to look at it. it shouldn't matter how many years he's been here or how much he knows...(im sure he can take apart a ps3 and mod the crap out of it). if you don't act according to your title then you are undeserving of it. im sure they're are plenty of others here (like HorrorGod) who can handle the responsibility. being a redtag is a privilege, its not something that you get for being here for a longtime or post count or whatever. maybe he's been better in the past, i dunno im new here, but the Captain I've seen since march is an immature angry fanboy. all questions he takes as stupid or he pulls that xbox one crap (#dealwithit )...he's the only mvp that I've noticed that acts this way...maybe cuz he's so active. either way its unbecoming and no deaofly there's no excuse. @JSiggy: if i was a mod i wouldn't ban him but i would definitely ask him to maybe do some more constructive critism or here's a crazy idea....if he hates silly questions...quit clicking on them and then answering.them! since by his own admission he clicked on the topic because he thought it was game outrage...so he clicked just so he could be mean to some new guy. that's classy Cap.
Message 41 of 113 (175 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I can't believe this isn't an option, given that it can be turned off (by software) and doing so will likely reduce DS4 re-charge frequency. Also, games that require it (in combination with PlayStation Eye) should be able to temporarily override this (missing) user setting, i.e. turn on light.

Message 42 of 113 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Well MVP also was given out to the top 1% of trophy earning players so maybe that's why he's MVP. When PlayStation MVP 1st started it was the top 1% of PS users with trophies, then you could apply to be a MVP for things like helping out other users on the forums and ( possibly ) your length of membership on the forums. Im not huge on trophies but I did apply to be MVP because of alot of help and feedback I have given out the past years I have been on the forums. I do wonder when the next wave of MVP's are going out?
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 43 of 113 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Lol they're pointing the controller at the tv, how often do you play w/ your controller pointed directly at the tv? I play layed out on the couch, I bet they'll have a setting to dim the light, I don't see why they wouldn't.

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 44 of 113 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jul 9, 2013
They already confirmed you can not turn it off. Honestly don't think reflection will be a problem- playroom uses the light in a playful manor so it was for demo purposes. If it does bother you when it comes out- I know not great solution but maybe they will have ps4 remotes without the light.

I know not the greatest solution. But better then put tape on it lol.
If you add me- let me know your from forum. I get a lot of request.
Message 45 of 113 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 9, 2013

lauranichole25 wrote:

JSiggy wrote:

deaofly wrote:
CaptainAlbator has been with the PlayStation community for 13 years. Sometimes he can be hard and direct with his point but he has also contributed alot over those 13 years to help other users. He is pretty well know on the forums and sometimes you might not agree with him or what he says but he has alot of knowledge of what's going on. He's an MVP for very good reasons, just sometimes he has his way of telling things to other people Smiley Wink

disagree.

Captain is the biggest jack **bleep** on this site.  thinks his opinion is gold and everyone else is a dumb **bleep**.  If I was a mod, I would ban him.

@deaofly...yeah...no i think that's a bad way to look at it. it shouldn't matter how many years he's been here or how much he knows...(im sure he can take apart a ps3 and mod the crap out of it). if you don't act according to your title then you are undeserving of it. im sure they're are plenty of others here (like HorrorGod) who can handle the responsibility. being a redtag is a privilege, its not something that you get for being here for a longtime or post count or whatever. maybe he's been better in the past, i dunno im new here, but the Captain I've seen since march is an immature angry fanboy. all questions he takes as stupid or he pulls that xbox one crap (#dealwithit )...he's the only mvp that I've noticed that acts this way...maybe cuz he's so active. either way its unbecoming and no deaofly there's no excuse. @JSiggy: if i was a mod i wouldn't ban him but i would definitely ask him to maybe do some more constructive critism or here's a crazy idea....if he hates silly questions...quit clicking on them and then answering.them! since by his own admission he clicked on the topic because he thought it was game outrage...so he clicked just so he could be mean to some new guy. that's classy Cap.

This is a well thought out response, without bashing someone back.

I agree, if an MVP is getting "burnt out," then sure, they should just not bother responding to someone's post.

But, I've never seen Captain flat out bash somebody / curse / break forum rules.

Are some of the posts blunt? Yes.

May some come across rude? Sure.

Is Capt. flat out trying to offend someone with their responses? Maybe? I don't know. But, -I- personally don't take it that way.

I don't know how old he (or she) is, but you can tell Capt. is someone who is just sick of seeing the same posts.

Which brings us back to your comment: "if he hates silly questions...quit clicking on them and then answering.them!"

I agree, but I think a lot of us frequent posters are guitly of this sometimes.

If anyone ever truly feels offended by an MVP / sees an MVP breaking the T&C they agreed to -- just report them. There is no need for bashing anyone.

"Uphold Agreements and Act Responsibly. MVPs must abide by the terms and conditions of the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement ("User Agreement"). In addition, MVPs should conduct themselves respectfully and professionally while providing services for SCEA. MVPs must refrain from engaging in, communicating or circulating any illegal or offensive content or materials which includes but is not limited to,ethnically, racially, religiously, culturally or sexually offensive, insulting, demeaning, threatening, abusive or harassing messages or content. SCEA reserves the right to terminate a MVP's status and their access to the PlayStation®Network if they fail to comply with SCEA's requirements under this Program. If they participate or interact with other PlayStation® branded properties ("Other PlayStation® Sites"), they must abide by the respective terms and conditions of the Other PlayStation® Sites, which may differ from those of the PlayStation®Network."

http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Sorry, OP, I don't mean to hijack / derail the thread. Smiley Happy

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 46 of 113 (132 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 9, 2013

gargux wrote:

Please make it optional to turn the light sensor off on the dualshock 4 controller if you arent using the camera.

Dualshock4 light

On the first image... 

If you have the controller out like that while you are gaming something is wrong..

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 47 of 113 (131 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Ok so i never thought of this, can you seriously not turn your controller light off??? has this been confirmed by sony that it CAN'T be turned off???

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 48 of 113 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Holy **bleep** it can' be turned off??? Xbox one here I come!!!

babyboytheking wrote:
They already confirmed you can not turn it off. Honestly don't think reflection will be a problem- playroom uses the light in a playful manor so it was for demo purposes. If it does bother you when it comes out- I know not great solution but maybe they will have ps4 remotes without the light.

I know not the greatest solution. But better then put tape on it lol.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 49 of 113 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4742 posts

Jul 9, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
Ok so i never thought of this, can you seriously not turn your controller light off??? has this been confirmed by sony that it CAN'T be turned off???

If enough people complain about this I'd bet that Sony will/could probably change that with a software update.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
200+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 50 of 113 (143 Views)
0 Likes