Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Re: Please please sony for the love of god fix this.

Jul 9, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
Ok so i never thought of this, can you seriously not turn your controller light off??? has this been confirmed by sony that it CAN'T be turned off???

If enough people complain about this I'd bet that Sony will/could probably change that with a software update.

lol can't wait to see the youtube videos about how to hack the controller to turn off the light on the ps4 controller,

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 51 of 113 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

To the people crying over this non-issue... Is the light on the controller smarter than you?

Play with the controller in your lap, or use towel over your hands, or a pillow in front, kick your legs up so they block the light, play with the controller angling down while you lean forward, or put the bottom of your HDTV higher than how you hold your controller.

Even a piece of cardboard with a piece of tape will work. 

Message 52 of 113 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4993 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

To the people crying over this non-issue... Is the light on the controller smarter than you?

Play with the controller in your lap, or use towel over your hands, or a pillow in front, kick your legs up so they block the light, play with the controller angling down while you lean forward, or put the bottom of your HDTV higher than how you hold your controller.

This is a non-issue? Okay, thanks for clearing that up for us. ATTENTION EVERYONE: MIKEWARRIOR HAS DECREED THAT THIS IS A NON-ISSUE! THEREFORE, WE SHOULD STOP DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC IMMEDIATELY!

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 53 of 113 (118 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

But see, that would take effort Smiley Very Happy

Now you're going to see a bunch of comments like "I just paid $400 for this system, I shouldn't have to do extra things to get rid of an annoyance!"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 54 of 113 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4993 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Mikewarrior wrote:

Now you're going to see a bunch of comments like "I just paid $400 for this system, I shouldn't have to do extra things to get rid of an annoyance!"

Smiley Very Happy Tell me about it. Can you believe that there are actually some people who don't want tape and cardboard on their controller? The nerve of some people. When will these silly consumers learn their place? Smiley Very Happy

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 55 of 113 (109 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 9, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Mikewarrior wrote:

Smiley Very Happy Tell me about it. Can you believe that there are actually some people who don't want tape and cardboard on their controller. The nerve of some people. When will these silly consumers learn their place? Smiley Very Happy

That wasn't the only option though.

I play in my basement. It's cold. So I usually have a blanket or something on.

Guess where my controller is? Under the blanket.

Also, if I don't have something covering me, the way I sit usually has my controller pointing majority downward.

So any light wouldn't glare up at the TV anyway.

Unless you have some low TV stand and for some reason enjoy pointing your controller at the screen, it's not going to be all that visible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 113 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I am still going to buy the ps4 anyway because it's going to be badass, however, I do hope they have the option of turning the light bar off....I'm not going to complain if they don't change it, but i will be a little annoyed
Message 57 of 113 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Jul 9, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
Ok so i never thought of this, can you seriously not turn your controller light off??? has this been confirmed by sony that it CAN'T be turned off???

If enough people complain about this I'd bet that Sony will/could probably change that with a software update.

It's not a problem for most of us who don't hold our controller like this:

Fake Gamers of the Week: Maybe Don't Drink This Family's Punch

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 58 of 113 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Weird, posts are gone... Anyways, who doesn't play with the controller in their lap? Do you guys really hold the controller like the guy did in that picture? 

The light on the controller is angled down, and with the controller in your lap the light will not show on your HDTV, you also shouldn't have your HDTV's placement so low anyways

What people cry over is hilarious 

Message 59 of 113 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
5944 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Some off topic comments have been removed. Please keep discussion constructive everyone!
Message 60 of 113 (68 Views)
0 Likes