MVP Support
13606 posts

Re: Please please sony for the love of god fix this.

Jul 9, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

Weird, posts are gone... Anyways, who doesn't play with the controller in their lap? Do you guys really hold the controller like the guy did in that picture? 

The light on the controller is angled down, and with the controller in your lap the light will not show on your HDTV, you also shouldn't have your HDTV's placement so low anyways

What people cry over is hilarious 

Posts are gone because I reported half of them for going off-topic.

And that's what I mentioned before, no one holds your controller pointing AT the TV unless your TV is for some reason lower than you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 61 of 113 (130 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

remember when you had to blow in cartridges? That was alot worse than a little blinky light, have we become so nit picky and sissy like that a small light bothers us? The light is cool, you should embrace it, also you know sony will probably have an update to get rid of it. I like it though, also my tv is far enough away that it wouldn't matter. I'm pretty sure op isn't being a big baby and this is just bother him/her, but think about how much we complain about useless (mike) things

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 62 of 113 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Posts are gone because I reported half of them for going off-topic.

And that's what I mentioned before, no one holds your controller pointing AT the TV unless your TV is for some reason lower than you.

Right, your eye level should be at the center of the screen at your HDTV's lowest point. In the OP's pics the HDTV is far lower than it should be for someone sitting on a couch, and he is holding the DS4 a lot higher (By displaying it for their camera, and us to see it) than I would call normal gameplay placement. 

By playing with the controller in your lap, it should be below your HDTV, unless you are gaming on an 80"

Oh, and there is this also to consider - "Sony Worldwide Studios Boss Shuhei Yoshida has shared some more details on this today via his personal Twitter account. Shuhei stated if developers want they can turned off the light bar on DualShock 4 controller."

LINK

Message 63 of 113 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
Ok so i never thought of this, can you seriously not turn your controller light off??? has this been confirmed by sony that it CAN'T be turned off???

If enough people complain about this I'd bet that Sony will/could probably change that with a software update.

It's not a problem for most of us who don't hold our controller like this:

Fake Gamers of the Week: Maybe Don't Drink This Family's Punch

Where did I say that I have a problem with the controller? I'll wait for you to cite the post that lead you to send me that response.

Edit: Inflamatory statement removed

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
210+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 64 of 113 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

To the people crying over this non-issue... Is the light on the controller smarter than you?

Play with the controller in your lap, or use towel over your hands, or a pillow in front, kick your legs up so they block the light, play with the controller angling down while you lean forward, or put the bottom of your HDTV higher than how you hold your controller.

Even a piece of cardboard with a piece of tape will work. 

To those of you being blind fanboys... think about it.. you want to play a scary game or something... seeing as how sony has mainly offline players im sure this will even make more sense to you. So picture this, you are playing the new dead space on your ps4.. you got the lights turned off, maybe even a couple friends over assuming they continue to support co-op campaign.. if that is even a thing, and if it isnt with this game imagine a different game co-op.. all your friends have a controller with that blue light... are you going to tell all your friends to hide under a pillow? or even put tape on your brand new controll you just dropped 400 on the system remember...

It may not be a huge issue on paper.. but think about it and it becomes a little bit concerning.. if you are playing in the dark as i do with horror games, or even just a dark setting on the screen, it WILL bother you.. idc who you are..it will get annoying, think about looking at that blue light in the dark out of the corner of your eye 24/7 and holy **bleep** it will drive me crazy.

I may get a ps4 when they go down to 250 or something, unless they fix this. However im still getting a ps3! Smiley Very Happy And an xbox one...

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 65 of 113 (82 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13606 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

To those of you being blind fanboys... think about it.. you want to play a scary game or something... seeing as how sony has mainly offline players im sure this will even make more sense to you. So picture this, you are playing the new dead space on your ps4.. you got the lights turned off, maybe even a couple friends over assuming they continue to support co-op campaign.. if that is even a thing, and if it isnt with this game imagine a different game co-op.. all your friends have a controller with that blue light... are you going to tell all your friends to hide under a pillow? or even put tape on your brand new controll you just dropped 400 on the system remember...

It may not be a huge issue on paper.. but think about it and it becomes a little bit concerning.. if you are playing in the dark as i do with horror games, or even just a dark setting on the screen, it WILL bother you.. idc who you are..it will get annoying, think about looking at that blue light in the dark out of the corner of your eye 24/7 and holy **bleep** it will drive me crazy.

I may get a ps4 when they go down to 250 or something, unless they fix this. However im still getting a ps3! Smiley Very Happy And an xbox one...

1. If I was playing Dead Space Co-op, I'd be playing online. Just me in a room. Split screen completely destroys horror games.

2. My TV is at Eye Level when standing. Meaning I have to slightly look up when playing. My controller is either facing forward or downwards slightly. I will see no light. And I'm pretty sure most people have TV's raised up enough to where the controller isn't facing it. Especially if it's on a wall.

3. Dead Space is not a scary game atmospherically, it just has jump scares.

4. My TV has the word VIZIO lit up in White when it's on, so I see a light all the time anyway. Many TVs have some sort of Light on them when on.

5. If you're playing a bright game, you won't see the light anyway.

6. If your TV is in a living room and you're not playing a horror game, you probably have Windows. So you'll see light anyways (or the ambient light will drown out controller light.

Message 66 of 113 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

The fact that dead space doesnt scare you has nothing to do with that annoying bright blue light in the corner of your eye when you want to game in the dark... the game wasn't the point, its the point that sony fanboys are so in love they are talking about taping cardboard to their brand new 400 dollar system... this is crazy

The funny part is how the light is pointless.. and how they wanted to be like microsoft with their eye.. but took it out the last minute, and now because they wanted to play the good guys it backfired on them with this annoying light that is pointless now...

I'm not even talking about the screen reflection ( and i know that will be an issue ) im talking about simply the fact i know insomniacs love to play games, tell me how well that " hidden " light looks like in the dark.. it won't be hidden, there will be light shining out somewhere catching your eye.. add that with the reflection problem.. multiple controllers.. and holy cow.. it will be like a disco party if you invite a few friends over

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 67 of 113 (72 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13606 posts

Jul 10, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

The fact that dead space doesnt scare you has nothing to do with that annoying bright blue light in the corner of your eye when you want to game in the dark... the game wasn't the point, its the point that sony fanboys are so in love they are talking about taping cardboard to their brand new 400 dollar system... this is crazy

Thanks for ignoring the other logical arguments in my post.

I never mentioned the cardboard.

I mentioned that most people don't hold their controllers in such a way that the light bar would be in any way visible on a TV

Message 68 of 113 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Never said you did... re read this part it was the most important part anyway..

The funny part is how the light is pointless.. and how they wanted to be like microsoft with their eye.. but took it out the last minute, and now because they wanted to play the good guys it backfired on them with this annoying light that is pointless now...

I'm not even talking about the screen reflection ( and i know that will be an issue ) im talking about simply the fact i know insomniacs love to play games, tell me how well that " hidden " light looks like in the dark.. it won't be hidden, there will be light shining out somewhere catching your eye.. add that with the reflection problem.. multiple controllers.. and holy cow.. it will be like a disco party if you invite a few friends over

Message 69 of 113 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 10, 2013
rofl... xbox one buyers.. imagine all the sony fan boys with cardboard duck taped onto their new controllers... rofl.. kinect 2.0 aint lookin so bad huh?

Message 70 of 113 (60 Views)
0 Likes