Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
4 posts

Re: Possible MP3 Support, DLNA coming in Future PS4 update

Feb 16, 2014
In response to jim grindhead:

1) Thank you, you're right about sony and competitors not announcing future updates. I was aware of this fact. Unless the reason is a security issue , I would personally prefer to hear about updates in advance. In most service industries, this is the norm. With several million PS4s sold there is a gathering international community , and I'm quite sure most would like to hear about future improvements. This may also lead to higher sales figures , if it shows that Sony are being pro-active. If Sony competitors move ahead with announcements first, you may well understand the outcry from the Sony community.

2) if the PS3 was a Mercedes in terms of functionality , then the PS4 might be a Prius. Please excuse the analogy but I'm looking forward to the PS4 becoming a Rolls Royce of a machine - happy to use its functions and proud to own one. The PS4 community mostly bought an expensive next-gen console with the expectation (and/or hope) of a step up from the PS3. My friends and I expect more from a PS4 than a PS3, and I certainly don't expect less. (Hence the Prius analogy.) In the meantime I stand correct in saying that it is rather embarrassing to 'step up' to a PS4 , and then have to retrieve/return back to the PS3 for my audiovisual entertainment.
PS - calling my friends 'jerks' is rather discourteous and perhaps you missed my meaning in my original post.

3) I'm not a fan boy of Sony or any of it's competitors. Sony understand money and no other commodity. So , in fact do their share holders. Sony will continue to lose my money to competitors if I feel disappointed in them. This is actually how you effect change.
(Sony do not understand disappointment or disillusionment- these are not commodities. )
Since this is a Sony forum and it's read by several thousand , I would prefer to air my thoughts here. It may also reach the right ears. This is also how to effect change.

At the end of my original post I ended with -
'
The simplest solution is for Sony to listen and connect with us quickly , and improve the PS4 in line with our expectations. The PS4 could easily be a great step forwards. That's all I hope for.'

I have great hopes and expectations for the PS4 and the for Sony community.
Message 121 of 183 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Message 122 of 183 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9517 posts

Feb 16, 2014

hurricanekush wrote:

1) Thank you, you're right about sony and competitors not announcing future updates. I was aware of this fact. Unless the reason is a security issue , I would personally prefer to hear about updates in advance. In most service industries, this is the norm. With several million PS4s sold there is a gathering international community , and I'm quite sure most would like to hear about future improvements. This may also lead to higher sales figures , if it shows that Sony are being pro-active. If Sony competitors move ahead with announcements first, you may well understand the outcry from the Sony community.

2) if the PS3 was a Mercedes in terms of functionality , then the PS4 might be a Prius. Please excuse the analogy but I'm looking forward to the PS4 becoming a Rolls Royce of a machine - happy to use its functions and proud to own one. The PS4 community mostly bought an expensive next-gen console with the expectation (and/or hope) of a step up from the PS3. My friends and I expect more from a PS4 than a PS3, and I certainly don't expect less. (Hence the Prius analogy.) In the meantime I stand correct in saying that it is rather embarrassing to 'step up' to a PS4 , and then have to retrieve/return back to the PS3 for my audiovisual entertainment.
PS - calling my friends 'jerks' is rather discourteous and perhaps you missed my meaning in my original post.

3) I'm not a fan boy of Sony or any of it's competitors. Sony understand money and no other commodity. So , in fact do their share holders. Sony will continue to lose my money to competitors if I feel disappointed in them. This is actually how you effect change.
(Sony do not understand disappointment or disillusionment- these are not commodities. )
Since this is a Sony forum and it's read by several thousand , I would prefer to air my thoughts here. It may also reach the right ears. This is also how to effect change.

At the end of my original post I ended with -
'
The simplest solution is for Sony to listen and connect with us quickly , and improve the PS4 in line with our expectations. The PS4 could easily be a great step forwards. That's all I hope for.'

The  PS4 is only a few months old. How many people in this thread had a releease PS3 and saw what little it actually did VS today. More and better improvments will come to the PS$. Everyone  just has to sit back and give Sony time things to happen. Everyone is going to say  its been 3 months blah blah. Yeah Rome wasnt built in a day. New features and stuff will infact come to the PS4. This thread has turned into something and its bad. Its called I want it now!

Message 123 of 183 (1,152 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 17, 2014
In response to black 0 panther :

Thank you - youve made an excellent point with verruca salt. (loved the original movie btw)

However the point you may have missed, or perhaps misunderstood, is that the community at large, either through these forums or elsewhere (please view the threads on youtube etc etc etc) are VERY IMPATIENT to actually own a high end functional machine. This will necessarily impact sales and profits by end user behaviour.

When I bought a higher end computer, it delivered - I mean it delivered IMMEDIATELY, - and so did my new tv and so did my phone. I didn't have to wait 3 to 6 to 9 to 12 months for functionality. They simply delivered. I was impressed by their functions and facility of use. (my PS4 fails to play my mp3s)

Yes, I owned a PS3 and yes, I owned 60-70 games with further purchases through PSN. However, waiting for a PS4 (this is currently a top end machine , yes?) to achieve SIMPLE functionality is a real surprise, a real shame that I have to even dare to mention it.

If you read my previous post , the service industry must be ready or it will produce failures. Sony need to learn from their mistakes. They are not fools. They have, i'm sure learnt from the past. And there were mistakes in the past (applies to ALL their competitors also,

Let me reiterate , I am not a fan boy and I'm certainly not against Sony. I would love to see a high end PS4 - perhaps you missed this from my previous post.

Delivery of simple functions and prior announcements should not be a matter of time, and impatient posts (however well intended they may be).

I hope for better. I hope that you can see that.

Message 124 of 183 (1,096 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9517 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

hurricanekush wrote:
In response to black 0 panther :

Thank you - youve made an excellent point with verruca salt. (loved the original movie btw)

However the point you may have missed, or perhaps misunderstood, is that the community at large, either through these forums or elsewhere (please view the threads on youtube etc etc etc) are VERY IMPATIENT to actually own a high end functional machine. This will necessarily impact sales and profits by end user behaviour.

When I bought a higher end computer, it delivered - I mean it delivered IMMEDIATELY, - and so did my new tv and so did my phone. I didn't have to wait 3 to 6 to 9 to 12 months for functionality. They simply delivered. I was impressed by their functions and facility of use. (my PS4 fails to play my mp3s)

Yes, I owned a PS3 and yes, I owned 60-70 games with further purchases through PSN. However, waiting for a PS4 (this is currently a top end machine , yes?) to achieve SIMPLE functionality is a real surprise, a real shame that I have to even dare to mention it.

If you read my previous post , the service industry must be ready or it will produce failures. Sony need to learn from their mistakes. They are not fools. They have, i'm sure learnt from the past. And there were mistakes in the past (applies to ALL their competitors also,

Let me reiterate , I am not a fan boy and I'm certainly not against Sony. I would love to see a high end PS4 - perhaps you missed this from my previous post.

Delivery of simple functions and prior announcements should not be a matter of time, and impatient posts (however well intended they may be).

I hope for better. I hope that you can see that.

I understand what your saying 100%. But please well before PS4 released. It was said its not going to have these features. So Sony delivered a 100% working system as you state you want and like to have. Its not like it was said by Sony that it was going to come later. Sony wasnt going to have these features till after release and after everyone said they wanted them. Far as PS4. It was delivered fully functional to the specs Sony made it for. These extra features are only going to be added due to the publc wasnt happy with out them.

Message 125 of 183 (1,045 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5454 posts

Feb 17, 2014

hurricanekush wrote:

Honestly, I stand by my point.  If you feel genuine embarrassment about any possession when your friends are around, you're probably judging yourself (or they are judging you) on the wrong merits.  My point is that you have value no matter what electronics you own.  If you think me discourteous for attempting to validate your identity as an individual, then I am proud to be discourteous in this case.

As for the Prius to Mercedes analogy, I'll tread the well-worn argument that the PS4 is being improved over time, as any firmware-capable console would be.  Perhaps it's not seeing the updates as fast as we would like, but, as we agree, it's not as if the PS4 was released with the 1.51 update, and we were told, :It's finished."

Grindhead_Jim

Message 126 of 183 (1,030 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9595 posts

Feb 21, 2014

1.61 - still no DLNA. 

Hideo Kojima, "You're looking at the key to winning the console war."

Message 127 of 183 (811 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I sure hope this issue isn't a dead one with Sony.  While I'd still have no regret in buying my PS4, if the mulitmedia functions aren't restored I'll have to go back to having 2 consoles again - the PS4 and the Xbox One.  I was really hoping to put a knick-knak, figurine or maybe a Glade air freshener where the One would have to go.

Message 128 of 183 (625 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Possible MP3 support, DLNA coming in future PS4 update

Mar 12, 2014
What the ... did sony lie to us about adding dlna? Fine maybe they never confirmed it. But they didn't deny it either did they. "Exploring" adding the feature expression is full of bull. Thanks sony. Sony, you guys are doomed come next gen. The community won't forget this.
Message 129 of 183 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Possible MP3 support, DLNA coming in future PS4 update

Mar 12, 2014
If you agree to boycotting sony products as long as they continue their misleading used car salesman tactics, say "we'll see what happens next gen!"
Message 130 of 183 (362 Views)
0 Likes