Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 01 2013
By: ThePunisher Treasure Hunter 6529 posts

Possible MP3 support, DLNA coming in future PS4 update

[ Edited ]
172 replies 6772 views Edited Feb 17, 2014

MP3 Support, DLNA and more features to follow on 2nd PS4 update

Though there have been a few missteps on Sony’s behalf  from the recent FAQ post riddled with mistakes of no MP3 support, No DLNA support, and a few other features that are not available at launch.  We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

• Legacy headset support
  • Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
  • Suspend and resume play feature
  • DLNA support for media such as (streaming Mp3, Videos etc.)

All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update.  Also these details were hinted today whenShuhei Yoshida  made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback. With this news being provided Those these features are a definite step in the right direction. We were still unable to confirm future external hard drive support for media or game data would be supported later on. lastly we’re still waiting to hear if there will be future YouTube support for video sharing. What do you think of this good news do you think Sony still needs more features to claim the living room in this next gen console war? comment below let us know.

1376587_10151804945682804_1385326579_n-300x258.jpg

<Community Manager edit: Have to adjust the title here as this content has not been oficially annoucned and confirmed; as well as if it would be on a 2nd update or later. Want to ensure info is accurate, thanks! We're really curious to continue to gather feedback on this topic as well - morgan / mochuuu>

Edit: Updated link at top of post to improve readability.

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 173 (6,772 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA and more features to follow on 2nd PS4 update

Nov 1, 2013

will thats good news.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 173 (6,742 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13270 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA and more features to follow on 2nd PS4 update

Nov 1, 2013

Would prefer they remove the recording restrictions, I don't even own MP3's I own proper music CD's that are mine to keep forever.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 173 (6,728 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1677 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA coming in 2nd PS4 update

Nov 1, 2013
Source?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 173 (6,685 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 2, 2013

On his twitter right now, and not seeing this supposed tweet anywhere.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 173 (6,477 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 2, 2013

AWESOME STUFF!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 173 (6,461 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Keep going down. I just seen it a few minutes ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 173 (6,460 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
892 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Awesome, I can listen to Skyrim music wile playing Minecraft on this console too!, when Minecraft comes out for it I guess :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 173 (6,451 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
478 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

The story came from Couch Jockeys, not a reliable source. It is suspected that the story was made up to generate page clicks and increase ad revenue. All the reputable gaming websites have reached out to Sony and have yet to receive a reply... Why would Sony only respond to some nothing website and ignore all the trusted sources?

I'll be waiting for an official announcement from Sony, until then this should be regarded as rumor.

http://couchjockeyz.com/mp3-support-dlna-and-more-features-to-follow-on-2nd-ps4-update/

Edit: I already tweeted the story to Shu to see if it was real, didn't get a reply. Maybe you guys can give it a shot?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 173 (6,440 Views)
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Nov 2, 2013
The last time I checked Sony is in competition with m$ , so why does Sony keep copying there failed ideas like the xbox live interface? When I turn on my ps4 I do not want to see a bunch of adds or commercials for stuff I am not interested in or people I do not know doing stupid things. I want to be able to customize and personalize my console to express my gamer love and creative ability and most importantly I want to be able to see my theme or wallpaper, I want to be able to change my name or psn ID , I want custom soundtracks for all psn games and disc based games, more visualisation features and options when playing music on the hard drive, I want to be able to make my own avatars, the profiles about me section should support 250 characters so people know who they are friending and we can let others know who we are and the type of gamer and games we play. Hardware does not matter , the ps4 is only as good as the content on it and the software written for it , if these are flawed or not implimented correctly , then the console will have a bad rep .
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 173 (6,432 Views)