Splicer
52 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA coming in 2nd PS4 update

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

I agree with you all in the fact that I myself am just as impatient as you are.  Although I want it to work once released!  I understand why Sony is taking their time in releasing MP3 and DLNA support because they want it to work!

I want to mention something here that was mentioned pages ago in this thread.  The PS3 did not have DLNA on release.  DLNA was introduced 8 months after the PS3 made its launch debu.  Now consider that Sony has realized that the PlayStation Community WANTS DLNA, and they have announced that it will be released by the 2.0 update (hopefully).

Now if we compare the PS4 to the Xbox One, I can tell you that I have 5 friends who bought the Xbox One.  Now 4 of them have already had to return their Xbox One due to some mysterious reason as to why they stopped working (completely dead!).  The 1 friend who’s Xbox One has not broken only has 20 hours on the machine, and even so after he played my PS4 for 1 hour he wants to get rid of his Xbox One and buy a PS4.  The 4 who’s machines broke luckily had good warranty’s and have got their money back, all 4 now have PS4 machines.  I think that speaks a lot for the PS4 system, especially when you consider that in my area out of 1000 Xbox One systems being sold over 50% of them have been returned due to malfunction, or the user disliking the console.  Now there have been over 5000 PS4’s sold in my area and not a single one has been returned, and that is from just one store location!

As for gaming on the PS4 I think it is fantastic!  I love the new DualShock 4 controller, I find that it is far superior to the DualShick 3.  In overall speed and in game play is very fast and smooth.  I have 7 games currently on my PS4 and they all run extremely fast, even the 3 games that I have on Blu-Ray disc.  I am also a PC gamer, I have an Alienware Aurora R4 ALX fully loaded and an Alienware M14x R2 fully loaded.  I use these machines for both business and personal use.  But what I find interesting is that the PS4 runs games better than my high performance gaming PC's.  If I had to choose what device I would rather buy games for, it would be my PS4.

Message 91 of 188 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Thanks mod for updating this thread to not get everyone riled up for no reason.

And for confirming my suspicions this thread was made on presumptions and nothing else.

Its just all those people responding to others when they found a missing feature "oh its coming in a patch"  "Of course not, thats coming in a patch" "thats not a gaming feature, and its already confirmed to be coming in a patch"

Blah, blah, blah.

We all get you guys are impatient, but spreading false hope is just making the uninformed masses on this very forum start to get angry as they expect this thread is factual, when it is actually just a misinterpretation combined with buyers remorse.

I heard these features were not in PS4, so I.............Wait for it.....................Keep waiting.................... Did not buy it!

You all had the same choice, but you did buy it as is, do you reall have the right to complain that it is still the object you purchased?

I want it all of course, and then some, but dont kid yourself on who is to blame for your current situation.

In the mean time just use Sony's motto  :   Make believe, It only does everything!

Cheers yall!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 92 of 188 (848 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jan 31, 2014

**bleep** is going on Sony it's feb and the OS needs serious updated as does its functionality.

Message 93 of 188 (690 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 31, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

**bleep** is going on Sony it's feb and the OS needs serious updated as does its functionality.

In about fourteen hours, I will share in the sentiment that it is February. Central time, and so forth.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 94 of 188 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9607 posts

Re: Possible MP3 Support, DLNA coming in Future PS4 update

Feb 3, 2014

PS4 1.60 update and still no DLNA. Smiley Mad

Message 95 of 188 (562 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 3, 2014
when did this update come out?
Message 96 of 188 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2014

hclark1160 wrote:
when did this update come out?

Late tonight, in the FUTURE.

greatscott

Grindhead_Jim

Message 97 of 188 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 3, 2014

I would just kill this thread now.

We're not getting mp3 or DLNA for at least 3-4 months, we'll make another thread like this when they tease us with the news of it coming.

Message 98 of 188 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Kickflipper1087 wrote:

I would just kill this thread now.

We're not getting mp3 or DLNA for at least 3-4 months, we'll make another thread like this when they tease us with the news of it coming.

This issue isn't going to die until the update happens.  It bumps a couple times a week, and it'll go away for a few weeks after the initial outrage of 1.6 not having DLNA support has subsided.  

I agree that there is little left to discuss until the update actually comes out, but, trust me, people will still talk about it. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 99 of 188 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Does anyone find it out of the norm that US and EU got the PS4 before Japan? As many people are complaining about the simple things that were left out like DVD playback, 3D-Blu-ray playback, MP3 playback, MP4 playback and others. Does the Nihongo Feb. 22 release date make the other releases seem like a beta test for the PS4. This is just to speculate reasons for the state of things now for fun while we wait.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou,balmungfury
Vita owner, PS4 owner(since week 3)

Get your Portable ID!
Message 100 of 188 (498 Views)