Re: MP3 Support, DLNA coming in 2nd PS4 update

Nov 2, 2013

remanutd5 wrote:

Yos: i want Mp3, DNLA support on ps4 ASAP 

Dev Team: ok boss

end of discussion. LOL

More like

Yos: I want Mp3, DNLA support on PS4 ASAP

Dev Team: but you told us Sony BMG didn't want us to because they want a pay wall

Yos: never mind what I said. I must now go beg BMG. *cuts off pinky*

Message 21 of 187 (1,140 Views)
Wastelander
681 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

FreakyAlien wrote:

No MP3, no PS4. Simple as that Sony. I've just cancelled my pre-order. Once this is sorted out I'll buy.

I know, right? It is so difficult to lift up my arm and turn on a stereo with a remote. Can you imagine if I didn't have a remote? I might have to actually get off my butt to press the power button. I mean, how can I play video games without listening to my mp3s at the same time? If the ps5 doesn't have robotic arms that massage my feet while I'm playing, I am canceling my pre-order.

Message 22 of 187 (1,135 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Hahaha seriously cancelling a pre order over mp3's you must have just been waiting for any reason at all to cancel it
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 23 of 187 (1,127 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

How is DLNA not supported???!!!! No mp3, no audio cd playback?!!

Nov 2, 2013

Seriously playstation? I understand the need to focus hardware on gaming specifically as opposed to xbone focusing more so on media, but what the hell? You won't allow us to stream our home media, oh well I guess I'll just listen to my music then, oh no? can't do that either unless I download straight from psn, or listen to the music unlimited app? That is absolute ridiculousness!! After spending so much time on marketing the playstation 4 as the future of gaming and the next step to achieving greatness how can you regress what was already implemented on your previous generation of consoles? Seriously! I'm all about focusing on the gaming aspect of the new generation but how is it exactly the "next" generation when it lacks what the previous generation came equipped with? Hey everybody here is the new generation of Ipad, the future of digital music and video integration, the next step towards streamlining your digital home and travel experience but it only plays VHS and Beta Max video, with a brand new technological advance in music calle the "CD".  I, without a doubt, will still buy a playstation because of the pretty definitive lead it has over gaming to the xbone, but this has put quite a damper on all of us who try to argue the playstation 4's superioriy over the competition. How can I justify the playstation 4 being the greater of the two while you only have a moderate lead regarding the actual gaming of the platform, and have no lead regarding the media options of said platform? I mean come on man, I never even had any concern regarding the media interface but how am I not supposed to now that it's out in the open, that even with a slight disadvantage from the xbone, they outright surpass you in all media functionality. I'm probably being a bit over dramatic but I would hate to see all of the negative press that will no doubt be brought upon the PS4 by the media and the fans alike. Please do something about this before it's too late. 

Message 24 of 187 (1,115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Re: How is DLNA not supported???!!!! No mp3, no audio cd playback?!!

Nov 2, 2013
Agreed. Still can't rap my head around this lol.

Message 25 of 187 (1,104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
572 posts

Nov 3, 2013

If thats true than thats very good news im really looking for the suspend and resume feature the most. Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 187 (1,020 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Nov 6, 2013

ThePunisher wrote:

MP3 Support, DLNA and more features to follow on 2nd PS4 update

Though there have been a few missteps on Sony’s behalf  from the recent FAQ post riddled with mistakes of no MP3 support, No DLNA support, and a few other features that are not available at launch.  We were able to speak to a Sony rep today about if any of these features could be implemented in the near future and much to our surprise we have received a “Yes“. The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

• Legacy headset support
  • Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
  • Suspend and resume play feature
  • DLNA support for media such as (streaming Mp3, Videos etc.)

All of these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update.  Also these details were hinted today whenShuhei Yoshida  made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback. With this news being provided Those these features are a definite step in the right direction. We were still unable to confirm future external hard drive support for media or game data would be supported later on. lastly we’re still waiting to hear if there will be future YouTube support for video sharing. What do you think of this good news do you think Sony still needs more features to claim the living room in this next gen console war? comment below let us know.

1376587_10151804945682804_1385326579_n-300x258.jpg

This news is slightly encouraging - but the source article quotes info from an anonymous Sony rep concerning the restoration of MP3 & DLNA support in a future update for the PS4.  If the quote came from a named Sony official (e.g: Shuhei Yoshida) - then I would be very encouraged - but I'm not putting too much faith in a quote from an anonymous source.

Also, the quote from the anonymous Sony rep fails to mention anything about the restoration of audio CD support in the PS4 - which is something that I'd like to see happen.

THIS IS THE REASON THAT I'M CALLING ON ALL OF MY FELLOW SONY PLAYSTATION CUSTOMERS, WHO DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE A MUSIC UNLIMITED SUBSCRIPTION,  TO NOT PURCHASE ONE UNTIL SONY OFFICIALLY REVERSES ITS POSITION AND RESTORES AUDIO CD & MP3 SUPPORT TO THE PS4.  ALSO, I'M CALLING UPON ALL CURRENT MUSIC UNLIMITED SUBSCRIBERS TO CANCEL AUTOMATIC RENEWAL UNTIL SONY OFFICIALLY REVERSES ITS POSITION AND RESTORES AUDIO CD & MP3 SUPPORT TO THE PS4.

Message 27 of 187 (811 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 16, 2013

We need a real confirmation from Sony about the original post.

I called Sony and they had no clue in general, then one tech told me the only way to get the answer was to call Sony Japan...seriously?!

My PS3 was a nice media centre, for gaming, streaming home videos from computer, listening to tunes, had I know PS4 was strictly for gamers, I would have waited. 

This is not cool.

Message 28 of 187 (730 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 20, 2013

It seems PSP, Vita and PS3 has more basic features than PS4.

No Photo App

No Video App to store Videos on PS4 HDD

Music is limited to Music Unlimited

No USB support

Message 29 of 187 (705 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

This is great news.  I was very disappointed after searching all areas of the Playstation Menu only to discover, by coming here, that there was no DLNA support yet.  I have always seen the PS4 as the Sony Playstation Entertainment System, but how can it be without these features?  Me personally, I did not expect anything less, so this really caught me off guard.   In this day an age, this should be standard, and I would bet that most would agree.

I am hoping that it will be in time for Thanks Giving - We like to watch home videos during the holidays.

Message 30 of 187 (671 Views)
0 Likes