Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA coming in 2nd PS4 update

Dec 30, 2013

ROMMIE30 wrote:

this whole please be patient crap is so old.the ps4 has been in release for 45 days or so and it cant even upscale a bloody dvd which the ps3 could.

It does upscale. Check your settings. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 51 of 188 (6,900 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 30, 2013

Chipz_and_Cola wrote:

xbox 1 was marketed as a one stop entertainment, media hub

while ps 4 was marketed to be a gaming console for "true" gamers

well we got no entertainment, and no games so far

says a troll who thinks 22 games = nothing.... My not be games that YOU like, but MANY people DO. Sales numbers speak louder than cynicism. You must be from the same idiot pool that says there are no games for Vita, yet 350 are available for the US out of the total 400+ games available worldwide... "No games".... Yea, we call that logical fallacy. 

and dont worry about the fanboys that keep regurgitating "be patient" motto

they will come up with something else to defend their ego and pride of choosing their favorite console from sony, fanboyism 101

trolling 101 - saying the opposite of everyone else who already knows the facts.

Can you program a fully fledged OS with a functional UI with ZERO bugs, design a complex piece of hardware using new architectures and instruction sets which are co-developed by game developers and then be able to please everybody at the same time? Yes? Then I dare you to do better. Its not as easy as you think. Take a few computer science classes and you'll understand just how difficult it can be to even make a 'simple' app for iOS and Android. 

The fact is... You don't understand, and you feel ENTITLED to something that was NEVER MARKETED TO CONTAIN. So you took to twitter.... Sony responded and said 'Sorry, we made a mistake, it was  an afterthought. We're working on getting it to you ASAP." 

You're part of the NOW generation..... Those who take after Veruca Salt..

Furiously Chaosing
Message 52 of 188 (6,894 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 1, 2014

To be honest: DLNA Streaming is the most needed feature my GAMING console needs. Does anyone have a clue on how much longer we have to wait?

I'm already thinking of selling my PS4 again... Yepp. I'm not very patient.

Message 53 of 188 (6,757 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Jan 1, 2014
Kinda like saying a car's main purpose is for driving so it doesn't need a stereo when you can just use your phone to play music.
Message 54 of 188 (6,739 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2014

To be fair people have been paitent enough.

The first thing they said was available after launch. It's after launch. It was after launch last month. Well 1 month and many days ago now.

Then they said second update. It already happened. They did not say second major update. They said second update.

I don't even know what DLNA even is and I still want it for the poor souls who do know what it is. I know how it feels I'm waiting for the PS4 to support PVR's and to support my iPOD.

Message 55 of 188 (6,729 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Jan 4, 2014

DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) is actually a Sony creation...

"DLNA is a non-profit collaborative trade organization established by Sony in June 2003, that is responsible for defining interoperability guidelines to enable sharing of digital media between multimedia devices.[3] These guidelines are built upon existing public standards, but the guidelines themselves are private (available for a fee). These guidelines specify a set of restricted ways of using the standards to achieve interoperability and include almost no free audio formats and only the most common (free or otherwise) video formats, meaning that DLNA servers generally have to support transcoding in order to produce a useful service.[4]

DLNA uses Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) for media management, discovery and control.[5] UPnP defines the type of device that DLNA supports ("server", "renderer", "controller") and the mechanisms for accessing media over a network. The DLNA guidelines then apply a layer of restrictions over the types of media file format, encodings and resolutions that a device must support.

As of February 2013,[6] over 18,000 different device models (exept the PS4) have obtained "DLNA Certified" status, indicated by a logo on their packaging and confirming their interoperability with other devices.[7] It was estimated that by 2010 more than 440 million DLNA-certified devices, from digital cameras to game consoles and TVs, were installed in users' homes.[8]"

For more information go to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance

DLNA: http://www.dlna.org/

DLNA Product Search: http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/look-for-dlna/product-search

Concidering it is a Sony product, it only makes sence that the PS4 SHOULD! have come with DLNA by default.

Message 56 of 188 (6,561 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jan 4, 2014

sasskya wrote:

To be honest: DLNA Streaming is the most needed feature my GAMING console needs. Does anyone have a clue on how much longer we have to wait?

I'm already thinking of selling my PS4 again... Yepp. I'm not very patient.

Fine have an update thats not done and have tons of issues or be patient. Let sony get it right and when it comes it will work perfectly.

Message 57 of 188 (6,539 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Yeah right. They should do it right from the start without serious bugs. I'm just afraid they do not implement it at all. I never saw or found an official statement from Sony that they WILL support DLNA. Only that they think of adding it, right? 

Right now I'm just keeping my PS3 because of the DLNA support. I'd rather sell it because it still has 9 months of service warranty Smiley Wink

Message 58 of 188 (6,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 5, 2014

add me to the list of people wanting this feature. i bought the PS4 thinking it would have it by default and even plugged a flash drive into it to play movie. imagine my surprise when it did not see it. PLEASE SONY!!!

Message 59 of 188 (6,419 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

To be fair people have been paitent enough.

The first thing they said was available after launch. It's after launch. It was after launch last month. Well 1 month and many days ago now.

Then they said second update. It already happened. They did not say second major update. They said second update.

I don't even know what DLNA even is and I still want it for the poor souls who do know what it is. I know how it feels I'm waiting for the PS4 to support PVR's and to support my iPOD.

Technically, 12:01am Eastern Standard Time on November 15th, 2013, was 'after launch'.

Here is the laundry list of 'missing' features for the PS4, all of which I advocate and want (please note that I am purposefully not including tweaks to existing features) :

• DLNA & MP3 support
  • External HDMI capture support
  • Expanded headset support

Whatever the next firmware update includes, at least one of these features listed above will likely be missing, and I seriously doubt that headset support will be one of them. When these features are implemented, I want them implemented right, not 'right now'.

The PS3 didn't have DLNA support for over eight months, and I don't think we'll have to wait that long. I understand the argument that the PS3 supports DLNA, so the PS4 should start with that featureset and build, but am not willing to have lost any of the functionality present in the current build of the PS4 firmware to get it.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 60 of 188 (6,402 Views)