Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA coming in 2nd PS4 update

Jan 5, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

To be fair people have been paitent enough.

The first thing they said was available after launch. It's after launch. It was after launch last month. Well 1 month and many days ago now.

Then they said second update. It already happened. They did not say second major update. They said second update.

I don't even know what DLNA even is and I still want it for the poor souls who do know what it is. I know how it feels I'm waiting for the PS4 to support PVR's and to support my iPOD.

Technically, 12:01am Eastern Standard Time on November 15th, 2013, was 'after launch'.

Here is the laundry list of 'missing' features for the PS4, all of which I advocate and want (please note that I am purposefully not including tweaks to existing features) :

• DLNA & MP3 support
  • External HDMI capture support
  • Expanded headset support

Whatever the next firmware update includes, at least one of these features listed above will likely be missing, and I seriously doubt that headset support will be one of them. When these features are implemented, I want them implemented right, not 'right now'.

The PS3 didn't have DLNA support for over eight months, and I don't think we'll have to wait that long. I understand the argument that the PS3 supports DLNA, so the PS4 should start with that featureset and build, but am not willing to have lost any of the functionality present in the current build of the PS4 firmware to get it.

My personal thought. I'd put headset support below the other two in must have category.

We could do with less yelling kids on mics. We have enough of that already, also before that I'd like a mute all function included across all games built in as a selection on the PS4.

Theres nothing more annoying than missing your loadout changing opportunity because you have to manually mute idiots.

The other two are reasons why the PS4 is currently not worth it's heavy price tag. Headset support and more screaming kids is a reason to just not play online without a mute all feature. Unless I'm missing something which I could be.

Message 61 of 187 (2,114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

The first thing they said was available after launch. It's after launch. It was after launch last month. Well 1 month and many days ago now.

Then they said second update. It already happened. They did not say second major update. They said second update.

I don't even know what DLNA even is and I still want it for the poor souls who do know what it is. I know how it feels I'm waiting for the PS4 to support PVR's and to support my iPOD.

Technically, 12:01am Eastern Standard Time on November 15th, 2013, was 'after launch'.

Here is the laundry list of 'missing' features for the PS4, all of which I advocate and want (please note that I am purposefully not including tweaks to existing features) :

• DLNA & MP3 support

Whatever the next firmware update includes, at least one of these features listed above will likely be missing, and I seriously doubt that headset support will be one of them. When these features are implemented, I want them implemented right, not 'right now'.

The PS3 didn't have DLNA support for over eight months, and I don't think we'll have to wait that long. I understand the argument that the PS3 supports DLNA, so the PS4 should start with that featureset and build, but am not willing to have lost any of the functionality present in the current build of the PS4 firmware to get it.

My personal thought. I'd put headset support below the other two in must have category.

We could do with less yelling kids on mics. We have enough of that already, also before that I'd like a mute all function included across all games built in as a selection on the PS4.

Theres nothing more annoying than missing your loadout changing opportunity because you have to manually mute idiots.

The other two are reasons why the PS4 is currently not worth it's heavy price tag. Headset support and more screaming kids is a reason to just not play online without a mute all feature. Unless I'm missing something which I could be.

I'm going off of the order that these features were addressed by Sony, and leaving my preference out of it.

As for screaming children, I just squad up with & talk to my friends. Problem solved. ^_^ Although I think that external HDMI capture support and DLNA/MP3 support are must-have features, I do not find that they in any way devalue the console experience, relative to its price, for me.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 62 of 187 (2,105 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

• DLNA & MP3 support

I'm going off of the order that these features were addressed by Sony, and leaving my preference out of it.

As for screaming children, I just squad up with & talk to my friends. Problem solved. ^_^ Although I think that external HDMI capture support and DLNA/MP3 support are must-have features, I do not find that they in any way devalue the console experience, relative to its price, for me.

For me it really dis-values it. Especially the HDMI capture support. I like uploading random videos. I find it fun, it takes away a level of fun I could be having with the console. Leaving me just.. Well the so 90's idea of just games.

I don't have many friends on PS4 and I see this issue getting much worse when I get Tomb Raider at the end of the month. Currently I can evade playing with people. I don't have friends for squads anyway and I don't really like the multiplayer games.

At least I know Tomb Raider is average at best in the multiplayer part and somewhat playable unlike the current lineup. So I'll get to hear a lot of screams. Smiley Sad

Message 63 of 187 (2,101 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5472 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

For me it really dis-values it. Especially the HDMI capture support. I like uploading random videos. I find it fun, it takes away a level of fun I could be having with the console. Leaving me just.. Well the so 90's idea of just games.

I don't have many friends on PS4 and I see this issue getting much worse when I get Tomb Raider at the end of the month. Currently I can evade playing with people. I don't have friends for squads anyway and I don't really like the multiplayer games.

At least I know Tomb Raider is average at best in the multiplayer part and somewhat playable unlike the current lineup. So I'll get to hear a lot of screams. Smiley Sad

I upload a ton of random videos from my PS4, and they do make their way to YouTube. The Share feature isn't be-all, end-all by any means, but it does give you an option.

One other thing: If you want someone to play Tomb Raider with on PS4, just send me an invite.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 64 of 187 (2,088 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3576 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

• DLNA & MP3 support

This would be a nice feature to have. On the Xbox 360 there's an option that lets you disable communication with people who are not on your friends list. I used to use this whenever I played a MP game. Didn't have to listen to other people's music. =D

Message 65 of 187 (2,084 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I upload a ton of random videos from my PS4, and they do make their way to YouTube. The Share feature isn't be-all, end-all by any means, but it does give you an option.

One other thing: If you want someone to play Tomb Raider with on PS4, just send me an invite.

Yeah I'll probably send you an invite. I don't do the whole talking thing though. I'd just be contributing to the issue of whiny rage kids.

I rage a lot. So unlike most people I used curtosy and wont talk, because i'd be screaming.

Message 66 of 187 (2,053 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jan 20, 2014

the reason this ps4 is selling more than xbox 1,microsoft did a booboo at E3.then sony used that and trick us,they tell us what the console can do at E3 but they didnt tell us what it CANT DO,so everyone rush to get the ps4 and WOOOPTIDOO when everyone pre-order and was to late to change. so i hav a ps4 witch can only play game but has only a hand full of game that no oe wants to play,contrast ,tiny brain ,resogun not bad but finish in less than 3 hours. so mmm to let time pass theres no multimedia to enjoy. PS4 ONLY DOES NOTHIG,but play game i just bought my xbox 1 where im rely happy cause it does everything beter and has better games

Message 67 of 187 (1,222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2014

Xp_Kiler wrote:

the reason this ps4 is selling more than xbox 1,microsoft did a booboo at E3.then sony used that and trick us,they tell us what the console can do at E3 but they didnt tell us what it CANT DO,so everyone rush to get the ps4 and WOOOPTIDOO when everyone pre-order and was to late to change. so i hav a ps4 witch can only play game but has only a hand full of game that no oe wants to play,contrast ,tiny brain ,resogun not bad but finish in less than 3 hours. so mmm to let time pass theres no multimedia to enjoy. PS4 ONLY DOES NOTHIG,but play game i just bought my xbox 1 where im rely happy cause it does everything beter and has better games

What are you doing here?**

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 68 of 187 (1,219 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11772 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Playstation is doing so well due to they have a better hardware at a cheaper price. Also this was all announced before PS4 hit store schelves is anyone had aproblem they could of canceled there preorders and switched over to the Xbone.

Skimble photo skimble-o_zps32latisj.gif
Message 69 of 187 (1,214 Views)
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Xp_Kiler wrote:

"too late to change".. sorry preorders can be cancelled.   Also, please go back to school and learn proper English and spelling.

Message 70 of 187 (1,206 Views)
0 Likes