I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA coming in 2nd PS4 update

Jan 20, 2014
Hold on.....what can the xbox1 do?
All the TV/cable stuff I can do without any console.
What are you doing on this xbox1? What are these magic features?
Message 71 of 188 (848 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2014

Well I hope the ffmpeg they use is the latest 2.1 which supports VP9 and HEVC codecs so that it's more future proof. I also hope they support MKV and MP4 containers, not just AVI. After all, who wants to transcode if we don't need to!

Message 72 of 188 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Sorry but where in the OP is it confirmed your assumptions are correct.

He says he talked to a dev team and that means its coming in the second update.

If mentioned somewhere else how about you update the OP with this confirmation.

All I see is the hopes and dreams of gamers riding on a vague statement and no confirmation in sight.

cheers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 73 of 188 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Sony really droppong the ball, and it has NOt been confirmed it is even coming, I am losing faith in Sony, I  use ps3 every day to stream media, without this and a lack of games on Ps4 currently, my Ps4 has not even been turned on since December.

Message 74 of 188 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
480 posts

Jan 20, 2014

I'm waiting patiently for the addition of MP3 support and DLNA.

SONY was a bit caught off guard by the reaction to these features not being included, so one can imagine that they may have had to scramble a bit in readjusting their priorities.

I would much rather wait for something fully featured, than have something immediately that didn't work very well.

When you think about it, they will likely have to get DLNA and MP3 support working at the same time. This means making sure playing MP3s as background music will also likely be implemented at the same time. Add to that support for visualizations and such, we might have to wait a bit for these features.

I don't expect it to come quickly, but I do expect it to work well when it does.

Message 75 of 188 (746 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 20, 2014

I liked the PS1 visualizations for `gasp`` CD`s!!!!

I hope a hybrid visualization is used where you can change things like on PS3 but more options for visuals like on PS1.

I really like the PS3 one where it feels like you flying over mountain ranges and you can control the view point to make it feel like flying.

I think the PS4 one could be super amzing if they make it interactable.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 76 of 188 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
480 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

I liked the PS1 visualizations for `gasp`` CD`s!!!!

I hope a hybrid visualization is used where you can change things like on PS3 but more options for visuals like on PS1.

I really like the PS3 one where it feels like you flying over mountain ranges and you can control the view point to make it feel like flying.

I think the PS4 one could be super amzing if they make it interactable.

Just give me something like Milkdrop II. That's all the visualization I would ever need! If you've never seen it, do yourself a favour and check it out. It comes with Winamp still I believe.

I agree though, the PS3 visualizations were pretty good sometimes, even though I always wanted more.

Message 77 of 188 (739 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Well I for one will vote with my $, I bought a lauch PS4, I still own my FAT PS3 which I use every day to watch tv programs. I also have a launch XBOXONE.. So here is the deal, I will NOT buy any more games for the PS4 (only have 2, from psn) till SONY gets the PS4 to feature parity with the PS3. In the past when a game came out on both MS and SONY systems I bought the SONY version. MS only got my $ for their exclusives... SO if SONY wants my $ for titles they need to ship a fully functional system. Every realease that ships  will lose them MY $ till they do. I know it is not much, but I am voting with my $ and waiting for them to ship a product that builds on the PS3.. in all aspects. If it ain't better, why bother?!

Message 78 of 188 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jan 23, 2014

vorpal_platypus wrote:

Well I for one will vote with my $, I bought a lauch PS4, I still own my FAT PS3 which I use every day to watch tv programs. I also have a launch XBOXONE.. So here is the deal, I will NOT buy any more games for the PS4 (only have 2, from psn) till SONY gets the PS4 to feature parity with the PS3. In the past when a game came out on both MS and SONY systems I bought the SONY version. MS only got my $ for their exclusives... SO if SONY wants my $ for titles they need to ship a fully functional system. Every realease that ships  will lose them MY $ till they do. I know it is not much, but I am voting with my $ and waiting for them to ship a product that builds on the PS3.. in all aspects. If it ain't better, why bother?!

It was advertised as a game system and game system only so it is fully functional right now. No need to wait.

Message 79 of 188 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
653 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

vorpal_platypus wrote:

Does that mean you won't be buying any X1 games either considering it still has a LONG way to go too before it's up to par with the 360? And to say the PS4 isn't better than the PS3... Have you actually played it? It doesn't sound like you have. If you bought the device just for media functions then you might want to look at something like the Roku instead.

Message 80 of 188 (487 Views)
0 Likes