Jan 23, 2014
Message 81 of 188 (887 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Re: MP3 Support, DLNA coming in 2nd PS4 update

Jan 23, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Sounds like Sony is listening to our feedback Smiley Happy.  This thread was a good use of my forum time! http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist/td-p/42442285/page/35

What do you mean?

Was something announced as to what and when a patch is all about?

I went to your link and just saw requests?  

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 82 of 188 (871 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 23, 2014

vorpal_platypus wrote:

Well I for one will vote with my $, I bought a lauch PS4, I still own my FAT PS3 which I use every day to watch tv programs. I also have a launch XBOXONE.. So here is the deal, I will NOT buy any more games for the PS4 (only have 2, from psn) till SONY gets the PS4 to feature parity with the PS3. In the past when a game came out on both MS and SONY systems I bought the SONY version. MS only got my $ for their exclusives... SO if SONY wants my $ for titles they need to ship a fully functional system. Every realease that ships  will lose them MY $ till they do. I know it is not much, but I am voting with my $ and waiting for them to ship a product that builds on the PS3.. in all aspects. If it ain't better, why bother?!

Sorry man you already voted by buying the system and with those two game purchases you put Sony in the black on your account.

That means your vote said "Everything is fine, here have some money".

They sell each console at a loss and apparently get back to even by selling one game, and you bought off PSN so even more profit for them then a disc game.  Then you bought another!!!

I am sorry the ballets are closed.

cheers!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 83 of 188 (868 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Hows the update coming? We were suppose to get an update in early January but still nothing. I guess this is the new norm for the gaming industry, sell a broken/half completed product, promise to patch it later (and hope everyone forgets about it).
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 84 of 188 (852 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 23, 2014

MADDENKING1980 wrote:
How's the update coming? We read a Tweet that from which we could infer that were suppose to get an update in early January but still nothing yet. I guess this is the new norm for the gaming industry, sell a broken/half completed product complete gaming system without many media and additional features that many expected, and promise to patch it later (and hope everyone forgets about it try to ensure it is working properly before releasing it just to keep a promise that was never made).

Fixed that for you.  

I'm getting really impatient for this patch, too, but I'd rather the patch work then not.  Plus, we do not know the extent of the patch, and I share the frustrations of those decrying that, as well.  Some kind of announcement would be really appreciated here.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 85 of 188 (848 Views)
SIEA
1490 posts

Re: Possible MP3 Support, DLNA coming in Future PS4 update

Jan 23, 2014

Hey guys, have to adjust the title on this thread as this type of update has not been officially announced and confirmed; as well as if it would be on a 2nd update or later. Want to ensure info is accurate, thanks! We're really curious to continue to gather feedback on this topic as well. I know that our execs have addressed this, but an official annoucnement has yet to be made. Thanks! 

Message 86 of 188 (837 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 23, 2014

All I ever played on the xbox360 was GOW.. I did not depend on it for media. I trusted sony to do that batter.. that and ps3 media server (now ums) served me well... I have played only PSN games.. and I don't find any of the other shipped games compelling. My hope of putting my PS3 out to pasture and been sidelined. I am actually watching a show now on my PS3.. Whan can't this simple function have already been shippded on the PS4? Are you seriously saying I should not by X1 when my gripe is with SONY, they are a media company for crying out loud...

Message 87 of 188 (826 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
653 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Give it time. Sony (and MS too for that matter) tried to get their console out as quickly as possible and both left out a TON of features from the previous gen. At least Sony made sure their console excels at it's main purpose: Playing games. More media features will come, and they're probably not very far off. This isn't the 90's anymore where you release a console and what you buy at launch is the finished product. That certainly wasn't the case with the last gen either.

Go buy an X1 if you want, but it can't stream either. Unless you count the Playto (or whatever it's called) crap where you still have to go to your computer to start whatever it is you want to play. If a $500 Skype box will somehow make you happy and help you get back at Sony cause it's taken them more than 2 months for a major patch, then go for it. Like I said before though, if media functions are what you're after then you'd be much better off with a Roku.

Message 88 of 188 (817 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Lestat573 wrote:

Give it time. Sony (and MS too for that matter) tried to get their console out as quickly as possible and both left out a TON of features from the previous gen. At least Sony made sure their console excels at it's main purpose: Playing games. More media features will come, and they're probably not very far off. This isn't the 90's anymore where you release a console and what you buy at launch is the finished product. That certainly wasn't the case with the last gen either.

Go buy an X1 if you want, but it can't stream either. Unless you count the Playto (or whatever it's called) crap where you still have to go to your computer to start whatever it is you want to play. If a $500 Skype box will somehow make you happy and help you get back at Sony cause it's taken them more than 2 months for a major patch, then go for it. Like I said before though, if media functions are what you're after then you'd be much better off with a Roku.

thissomuchsthis

Grindhead_Jim

Message 89 of 188 (815 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 25, 2014

Did what most should have done.  Returned the PS4, camera, extra controller, and two games.

Message 90 of 188 (682 Views)
0 Likes