First Son
5 posts

Re: Problems With Heavy Rain!

Feb 24, 2010
I would say stop playing it, please if I can save just 1 person.  LOL>  I'm sure they'll fix the prob.  It's just too late for me. 
Message 41 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 24, 2010
LOL yeah luckily i beat it already so I don't intend to play it just yet again lol
Message 42 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Feb 24, 2010
i didnt have any problems with mine and im almost done with the game
bluefin1209
Message 43 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I've had no ends of problems with mine, lots of crazy graphical and audio glitches, not to mention that annoying text flickering, and all of that happened both with the patch and without (I have an old 60 gig PS3 that's backwards compatible), but I suddenly got it to work perfectly now but I'm not sure if it's because of me or if the PS3 just decided it was going to cooperate.  I deleted the game and the patch, shut off the system, got my can of compressed air and blew out all the openings just for good measure lol, and then reinstalled it and the patch, and now it's suddenly working fine!

It's like back in the days of the NES...just blow in it to make it work lol.

Message 44 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1057 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I, too, have had a freezing and audio issue — both less than 30 minutes into the game. My PS3 automatically restarted itself after that. I'm not happy about this. NOT. ONE. BIT. I'll give this game one more chance when I get off work tonight, but if it acts up again, it's going back to Wal-Mart. And if they won't take it back, it's going into the trash, and I'll never again recommend a Quantic Dream title. NEVER.

Quill74Pen 

Message 45 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Just thought I'd post my inability to even start the game here since I've posted it everywhere else already, lol. It's like my PS3 just rejects this disc and refuses to play it.

Message 46 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
276 posts

Feb 24, 2010
I played my copies a good 4 maybe 4 1/2 hours last night with no problems.  I can only think of one instant where there were subtitles but no sound to go with them and it was only for one line.
Message 47 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
865 posts

Feb 24, 2010

Quill74Pen wrote:

I, too, have had a freezing and audio issue — both less than 30 minutes into the game. My PS3 automatically restarted itself after that. I'm not happy about this. NOT. ONE. BIT. I'll give this game one more chance when I get off work tonight, but if it acts up again, it's going back to Wal-Mart. And if they won't take it back, it's going into the trash, and I'll never again recommend a Quantic Dream title. NEVER.

Quill74Pen 

I understand you are mad but to completely give up? It's Quantics first time creating a game on the ps3, this was bound to happen. I am sure they will address it sooner then later with a patch if it will fix the problem. 

Message 48 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 24, 2010

WithMyLastBreath wrote:

Quill74Pen wrote:

Quill74Pen 

I understand you are mad but to completely give up? It's Quantics first time creating a game on the ps3, this was bound to happen. I am sure they will address it sooner then later with a patch if it will fix the problem. 

That's all well and good, but what happens when our PS3's are damaged because of this game? Is Quantic going to replace our out-of-warranty PS3's? Hm?

Message 49 of 662 (311 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Feb 24, 2010

I played for about 15 minutes last night before bed. When i went to log back to the main menu of the game it froze up on me as well. I could get the xmb to come up but the game was in a frozen black screen so the ps3 wasnt froze just the game. I have a 2 month old slim 120g model. Will see how things go today after work.

Message 50 of 662 (311 Views)
0 Likes