First Son
15 posts

Re: Ps3 plays Ps1 but not Ps2 games?

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

...so can I play my SH: SM PS2 game somehow on my PS3? and if so how?

Message 11 of 27 (141 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12886 posts

Mar 29, 2013

irishrose524 wrote:

...so can I play my SH: SM PS2 game somehow on my PS3? and if so how?

No.

And now you know better than to buy without reading or at least looking up things.

The PS3 hasn't been able to play PS2 games for years now.

Games on the store are easily labeled as PS3, or PSP. You shouldn't just download stuff off a whim. 

If you're that upset, sell the PS3 and buy a PS2, PS2 systems are cheap.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 27 (137 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

I didn't mean any disrespect or to be rude. I was misinformed of the PS2 system software, but was corrected, and I give you my apologies, As for the PC software, I do know that it exists but since I have not tried it myself I do not know.

Again my apologies for the misinformation.

Message 13 of 27 (136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12886 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

I didn't mean any disrespect or to be rude. I was misinformed of the PS2 system software, but was corrected, and I give you my apologies, As for the PC software, I do know that it exists but since I have not tried it myself I do not know where to acquire it, but I did a search and found this:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-play-sony-playstation-2-games-on-your-pc/

Again my apologies for the misinformation.

Yeah, that's emulation. And unless the OP owns a PS2, it's illegal.

And posting about any form of emulators is against Forum TOS.

Message 14 of 27 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Mar 29, 2013

Sorry about that, my bad.

Message 15 of 27 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4327 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 29, 2013

irishrose524 wrote:

Okay, that was sorta jerky and very rude. Not everyone knows everything about everything, especially someone who's not a big a gamer as you are apparently. And it's not common knowelege, my friend who plays these sorts of games far more than I do didn't know about it. I had no ---ing idea. You see I'm crying, I make very little money (as in none/looking for a job right now) and you just are rude. If I was able to be refunded the money for both the game I have now and the PSP game I could buy a PS2 and then someday hope to get some money and get the Shattered Memories game to play.

You need to work on your customer relations and your preception of the world and the people who live in it. Again, I don't know everything, I just know that my PS1 game was able to work so I thought logically a PS2 game should too. Not /everyone/ knows that. 

You see I am in distress, you see that. (tears/angry) But instead you're just rude.

(wants to cry)

I'm sorry to read about your trouble. I can understand / feel your frustration. Smiley Sad

Keep calm and just remember to read the page carefully when it comes to your future purchases on the PSN Store (whether or not it's a PSP, PS Vita, or PS3 game, etc.)

As stated before me, I would just send back your copy of SH: SM to amazon, since it will not run on your current (Slim model) PS3.

The older (fatboy) PS3's were the only ones that had both PS1 and PS2 backwards compatibility. The newer ones only play PS1 games.

I highly doubt you will get a refund for the accidental purchase of SH: SM (PSP)

That is a loss you will just need to accept. $30 dollars is a lot to me as well, but you will just have to look at it as if you dropped it out of your pocket. Smiley Sad It sucks, I know. (unless you get a PSP one day and can enjoy the game.)

I hope everything works out for you.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 16 of 27 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 29, 2013

You're a emotionless jerk. I've said now three times, I'm not a big gamer. And so I don't spend all my hours reading about the history of a game system or the news about it. I honestly didn't see the PSP thing, it might of been there, logically it was, but at the time I wasn't aware it was even on a PS2 system thing nor did I even think when you're on a PS3 that you can purchase PSP games,  which given it was able to DOWNLOAD TO MY PS3, was very misleading. It should stop you before you download and tell you that it cannot play on the system it is downloading to. It didn't bring it up till after it was downloaded and I was trying to install it.

DON'T EXPECT EVERY SINGLE PERSON TO KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. You might be a big gamer, that's awesome, but I'm not. I'm a young 27 yr old girl who got a PS3 because it plays blu-ray and has Hulu/netflix all in one. Since then I've gotten more into games, but I'm not a huge gamer. And now I hope I never become such a mean and rude person as yourself. I don't even think you understand the concept of sympathy nor being tactful.

Selling my PS3 (which has many features) to play my PS2 game is stupid and you're just being a jerk again. Don't comment if you're gonna be like that.

Message 17 of 27 (124 Views)
MVP Support
12886 posts

Mar 29, 2013

irishrose524 wrote:

You're a emotionless jerk. I've said now three times, I'm not a big gamer. And so I don't spend all my hours reading about the history of a game system or the news about it. I honestly didn't see the PSP thing, it might of been there, logically it was, but at the time I wasn't aware it was even on a PS2 system thing nor did I even think when you're on a PS3 that you can purchase PSP games,  which given it was able to DOWNLOAD TO MY PS3, was very misleading. It should stop you before you download and tell you that it cannot play on the system it is downloading to. It didn't bring it up till after it was downloaded and I was trying to install it.

DON'T EXPECT EVERY SINGLE PERSON TO KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. You might be a big gamer, that's awesome, but I'm not. I'm a young 27 yr old girl who got a PS3 because it plays blu-ray and has Hulu/netflix all in one. Since then I've gotten more into games, but I'm not a huge gamer. And now I hope I never become such a mean and rude person as yourself. I don't even think you understand the concept of sympathy nor being tactful.

Selling my PS3 (which has many features) to play my PS2 game is stupid and you're just being a jerk again. Don't comment if you're gonna be like that.

You're 27, and you're taking things like this? Such a hypocrite. If you think the world is going to treat you nice 100% of the time it's time for a wake-up call. I'm not going to fluff up your mistake, because you are coming here crying about it.

In case you didn't know, PSN assumes you have the common sense to READ WHAT YOU ARE BUYING. The PS store clearly labels all games, you just rushed the whole buying process.

The PS3 holds PSP games because people who don't have a PC can download it via PS3 and then transfer it over. 

Next time don't ASSUME that a console is B/C.  And it doesn't take hours of reading about the history of a system, a 10 second google search of "Can a PS3 play PS2 games?" would've answered your question.

Message 18 of 27 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 29, 2013

(trys to calm down, though other ppl, well, one other is being terrible-but I guess there's always one.)

Thank you very much for understanding, it does mean alot... -so I could maybe sell this PS3 and get the other version of PS3 and I could still use my PS account on there and play my game? :-3

If I wasn't so hurt by the others I'd want to give you an e-hug right now. I know I don't have a very soft shell like some do, I'm just plain soft and cry easily.

Thank you (hugs anyway) sorry for being so emotional/soft

Message 19 of 27 (113 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12886 posts

Mar 29, 2013

irishrose524 wrote:

(trys to calm down, though other ppl, well, one other is being terrible-but I guess there's always one.)

Thank you very much for understanding, it does mean alot... -so I could maybe sell this PS3 and get the other version of PS3 and I could still use my PS account on there and play my game? :-3

If I wasn't so hurt by the others I'd want to give you an e-hug right now. I know I don't have a very soft shell like some do, I'm just plain soft and cry easily.

Thank you (hugs anyway) sorry for being so emotional/soft

The old PS3 systems (that could run PS2 games) are no longer in production, the only place to find them is on places like eBay (and they're considerably more expensive)

Message 20 of 27 (109 Views)
0 Likes