PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Ps3/ vita bundle to promote the Vita to increase sales!!

Dec 29, 2012
OK, I checked it out and you are right. Sony does have an autostereoscopic display option in the Sony Vaio L. I had to look for awhile to find that part, because it isn't prominently mentioned. It may only work while in PC mode, since it doesn't work in TV mode (and may not work with the PS3 connected).

Whatever "misunderstandings" we may have is mostly your fault. You don't mention anything about the Sony Vaio L in your first, second, or third posts in this thread. That should have been the first thing you mentioned. By the time you do mention it, it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of your point.

It would have been much clearer and to the point, if you mentioned in the first place that you think that Sony was discontinuing the current 3D display to introduce a glassesless display like Sony is selling with the Vaio L series.

Also it would also help if you wrote a bit more in your posts. All of your posts are 1-3 lines, not nearly enough to get your point across, in this case. And it would also help if you provided a link so others can easily see what you are talking about.

It would be nice if Sony did introduce a autostereoscopic display for the PS3, but the first display sold so poorly, I doubt that Sony is going to release another PlayStation display anytime soon. An autostereoscopic display does have some issues that will prevent it from coming out in a larger format. For one thing to see the 3D effect you have to view it from a specific angle (like the 3DS) otherwise the 3D effect is lost, so these type of displays are better suited for now for computer monitors and personal display devices. If you want a display that many people can view at once, this technology still isn't quite ready at a reasonable price point....
Message 11 of 22 (112 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 30, 2012

First off, if you were to look it up in the beginning we wouldn't have been argueing over something stupid! If I am not correct that wasn't the topic in hand in the beginning! The topic was about the Ps3/Vita bundle! You kept getting out topic and that was why I got mad! If Sony 

made that kind of monitor for the PC, it is only a matter of time before they make one for the Ps3 or maybe they have plans of it for the Ps4! Don't blame me if you don't know how to navigate the Sony website!

Message 12 of 22 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 30, 2012
What?!?

Yes, I agree your topic was supposed to be about a PS3/Vita bundle, but your original post content didn't discuss that at all. So you are the one who got off your own topic from the very beginning! And how am I supposed to "look it up", when you don't specify what exactly you are talking about at first? I can navigate the Sony website just fine, but I can't read your mind.

I looked up a review on the 3D with that product, and it can only support one viewer at a time for the 3D effect. Plus the effect isn't as good as wearing glasses. Right now it is more of a novelty than anything else.
Here is a link to the review: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/desktop_pcs/sony/vaio_l_series/429594

I don't believe that application would be appropriate for the PS3, since the 3D doesn't support more than one viewer. There have been multiuser versions of this technology demonstrated at CES, but they are considerably more expensive. Plus if you expect multiple people to watch 3D content in HD, the pixel density of one of these monitors has to be much higher than a typical 3DTV, making it even more expensive.

Like I said, I don't expect to see this technology come about for sale to the public for several more years...
Message 13 of 22 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Dec 30, 2012

get off the display thing! I'm tired of agrueing, I'm sorry you misread it! That's why I reposted it yet again! get off the display and the main topic is Ps3/vita and it does mention it after the thing about the display! I didn't say anything that wasn't true or fact, get over it!

Message 14 of 22 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

It is easy to misread something that isn't communicated well in the first place! Also you also kept going on talking about the display, without clearly making your point, so that added even more confusion to what you were talking about.

You did a much better job in your second thread...

Message 15 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

If you went to the proper website you wouldn't have to read my mind, you would have went to Sony.com and then looked up Vaio L Series computer on the website, since you know your way around it and know the computer can be customanized to the max for the glasses 3d!

I'm sorry you already know all about that! You could: bump up the ram at the max of 16 Gigs, the quad core processor can be maxed to go faster, and have the 2TB Sata HD to 516 Gig SSD to make the information load faster! I didn't go to any ole website for my information before posting! I went and got it from the horse's mouth, Sony.com, instead! Stop these stupid post that make you just sound more stupid than the post before, okay!

Parachutes are like minds, better left open!

Instead of going to that lame website that only shown one of the four models of Vaio L Series and this one you can custom it like:

16GB (8GB x2) DDR3-1600MHz [ $150.00 ],  512GB (512GB x1) solid state drive [ $1,005.00 ],  Blu-ray Disc™ player / burner [$150.00

],  NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640M (2GB) dedicated graphics [ $75.00 ],   24" 3D LED backlit Full HD touch display (1920 x 1080) [

$250.00 ], 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i7-3740QM quad-core processor (2.70GHz / 3.70GHz with Turbo Boost) [ $245.00 ],  and  PC

Network Setup (2 PC's) Wired or wireless plus PC Orientation [ $209.99 ] ! Now what wise comment are you going to make that I can't  

defeat?

I might have been unclear on the post, at least I went to the proper website instead of a website talking about the Vaio L Series computer that is stocked and there are two of them, just like there are two of them that can be customized at the max spec above and fyi those spec is plenty powerful enough to do 3d gaming! 

Entertainment Epicenter

Not only is the L Series all-in-one a sleek, powerful PC, it's your portal to a wide range of HD entertainment options. With an HDMI® input, you can connect your compatible cable box, satellite receiver or PS3™ system to enjoy movies, games, TV shows and more (HDMI cable required, sold separately). And with up to 3TB of storage, you'll have plenty of space for your large collection of movies and music5

Abracadabra Control

It's not wizardry, but it certainly seems like it. Just wave your hand in front of your PC's built-in webcam, and like magic, VAIO Gesture Control puts you in command of a variety of features. Skip a song and adjust the volume, navigate webpages, pause or play a DVD, deliver a PowerPoint® presentation and more—without even touching your computer. It's fast, fun and incredibly convenient. 

Become a Digital da Vinci

Create gorgeous "paintings" on your PC with pre-installed ArtRage® Studio software. Get a host of digital tools that simulate real-world art instruments—like paintbrushes, oils, watercolors, pencils and pens—making it simple to produce natural-looking artwork on your computer. Best of all, there's no need to spend time learning complex processes and techniques. With an easy-to-understand interface, creating art is fun and intuitive. 

In Good Hands

Imagine an easy-to-use tool that helps you update, troubleshoot and keep your laptop in tip-top shape. It's called VAIO Care™software—and it's pre-installed in every L Series desktop PC. Just press the ASSIST button to effortlessly install software, identify problems, perform maintenance and more. And if you need additional help, it's easy to connect with a Sony expert by phone, chat or online support11

Listen and Love

Music and movies come to life with full-impact surround sound fit to impress any audiophile. Four built-in speakers, a sub-woofer and digital Sony S-Master® amp combine with realistic surround sound powered by S-Force® technology to deliver a captivating, movie theater-like experience—all on your computer. 

3D Without the Glasses

Choose a 3D-enabled L Series to experience the explosive world of Full HD 3D entertainment with your eyes alone—no glasses required. Infused with high frame rate LCD technology, the 3D L Series PC serves up incredible, high definition contrast and luscious color for an unforgettable 3D adventure without the glasses. 3D is not available in TV tuner mode. 

Picture-in-Picture

Work on your PC and watch TV all at once. With a built-in TV tuner, you can flip to your favorite show, then activate the picture-in-picture feature. One program will be displayed full-screen, the other in a smaller window, so you can see both simultaneously. The sound can be switched to come from either the small or full-screen window. 

Wondrous Webcam

The built-in HD web camera features a Sony Exmor® R image sensor which helps guarantee a crisp, bright picture—even in dimly-lit rooms. The webcam is perfect for snapping self-portraits, video conferencing with a client or catching up with your friends. You can even use the camera and a few simple hand gestures to take command of your computer thanks to VAIO Gesture Control. 

Touch of brilliance.

Get quick, accurate access to documents, photos, applications and more with a highly-responsive touchscreen display. Save time on everyday tasks like scrolling webpages or zooming in on a photo—the capacitive touchscreen is super responsive making gestures like swiping and pinching easy. An all-new Windows 8 is the perfect companion. Optimized for touch and totally reimagined, it'll transform the way you use your PC, yet still does everything you need and have come to expect from Windows. 

Picture perfect.

Introducing the first VAIO PC to feature an X-Reality Engine—the very technology that makes our BRAVIA® TVs famous for their remarkable picture quality. Cue up a movie on the L Series. Right away you'll see a difference in the way images pop off the screen with gorgeous Full HD clarity, color and contrast. Even documents and web pages look amazing. Use the included remote to take control of TV functions, or download a free app to turn your smartphone into a convenient remote19.  

Double duty.

Want a powerful PC that doubles as an HDTV? This clean, contemporary all-in-one was made for you. With a 24" (diag.) Full HD 1080p touchscreen display, it features the same X-Reality™ Engine found in Sony TVs and premium audio for brilliant, immersive entertainment. This slim space-saver looks great desk-top or mounted on a wall17, plus packs the power to burn through heavy workloads thanks to a 3rd generation Intel Core processor, available NVIDIA® graphics and plenty of VRAM. It's the ultimate all-in-one for max performance and incredible entertainment. If the already have for the pc mode all it takes is a update to fix it and most likely in time for the Ps4!

Message 16 of 22 (75 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

I don't know what your point is. I already look that up when you finally stated that you were talking about the VAIO L series had an autostereoscopic 3D display. I stated this at the top of this page. Before that, you were very vague and obscure about what you were talking about, so I couldn't go to the proper website.

Unlike you, I looked up someone's evaluation of the 3D display, and it was found to be a novelty, not extraordinary. The effect isn't as good as displays that use glasses. I also provided a link to back up my statements. It looks to me that you are just assuming this looks great on the VAIO L without actually seeing it.

I have actually seen a autostereoscopic display in Las Vegas, and it wasn't that great. Similar to the 3DS, there is a slight sensation of depth and a lower resolution because it had to support multiple viewing angles.

Like I said, this technology isn't quite ready for more than one user at a time at a lower cost. Much more work is needed than you realize...

Message 17 of 22 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jan 2, 2013

This is only a preview of what the Ps4 is  and this is a amazing display! In the review from customer not some random website that may or may not be true and possibly bias! I already explained my claim as far as I'm wiling to go and proved more than you! I went to that website and didn't have all the information! They have four different models in the L series! Fyi, the Ps4 Orbis is going to allow two systems run at once! Like the Ps4 and a computer for instance! With saying this, it could mean they are using the display from the L series to be the same display for the Ps4 and it might have both the PC and the tv tuner glasses 3d! Your ability of being closed minded still amuses me and I think it is very entertaining, in other words I'm having a ball and you are upset!

Message 18 of 22 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Johnboycoolmoose wrote:

This is only a preview of what the Ps4 is  and this is a amazing display! In the review from customer not some random website that may or may not be true and possibly bias! I already explained my claim as far as I'm wiling to go and proved more than you! I went to that website and didn't have all the information! They have four different models in the L series! Fyi, the Ps4 Orbis is going to allow two systems run at once! Like the Ps4 and a computer for instance! With saying this, it could mean they are using the display from the L series to be the same display for the Ps4 and it might have both the PC and the tv tuner glasses 3d! Your ability of being closed minded still amuses me and I think it is very entertaining, in other words I'm having a ball and you are upset!

Oh I'm not upset at all. 

Actually I'm amused that you come to these conclusions without any real evidence, just pure speculation on your part. Not even the current rumors on the PS4 match what you are saying. In other words, I'm keeping my expectations to be more realistic than you are.

I have already showed you a review on that 3D display that states it is not much more than a novelty, just like the 3DS display. This technology isn't quite ready yet, and it is probably years away from being good enough that most people will be satisfied with. I found it noteable that the video on that page for the L series doesn't even mention the 3D display, and the display is only mentioned toward the bottom of the page. There is probably a good reason for that. If this display had been a revolutionary as you claim, it would probably have been listed at the top of the page, and there would be a lot of press and covererage about this "amazing" display.

If you want to read some more intersting PS4/x720 rumors see this site:

http://dualpixels.com/2012/11/29/rumor-behind-the-scenes-with-first-party-hardware-and-third-party-s...

Message 19 of 22 (55 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 2, 2013
For anyone else reading this thread this is what PC World has to say about this 3D display:

"Everything is managed through the simple VAIO 3D Portal, but we found it was largely a novelty experience. You have to sit between 60 and 80cm from the screen for the webcam to track your face and for the 3D to work, which means no lying down or leaning back. You also can’t use the system with more than one face, so you’ll be watching 3D movies on your own.

If you’re happy to sit up and close to watch a movie, though, the 3D effect is generally pretty good. We’d definitely rate passive 3D and active 3D higher than glasses-free at the moment, but there is a definite extra depth to 3D Blu-ray content when viewed on the VAIO L.

The display does have one noticeable downside, though — when you're viewing a white background, you can make out the fine hexagonal gauze that is responsible for the VAIO L's glasses-free 3D. It's not a huge problem, but if you're using the VAIO L for browsing Web pages, or to write a document — like this review, for example — the honeycomb filter can be distracting."
Message 20 of 22 (52 Views)
0 Likes