Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 03 2013
By: You_Silly_Humans Hekseville Citizen 345 posts

Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
93 replies 481 views Edited Jul 3, 2013

Do you think it was smart or not smart for them to do what they did, i understand from a price point of view it was helpful to not include it with the ps4.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 94 (481 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2039 posts

Re: What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 3, 2013

Most people don't want/need the camera, so it's good that's purchased seperately

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 94 (472 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14267 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Its a good thing, keeps the price low for something not everyone is going to use.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 94 (468 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Well regardless if people need them apparently the fact that it doesn't have a camera with the ps4 slows down development of certain features of the ps4 and also the ps eye.

Maybe those feature arent appealing to ps4 users as a whole? facial recognition incorporated into games, or detailed controller tracking etc..

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 94 (463 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2039 posts

Jul 3, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

Well regardless if people need them apparently the fact that it doesn't have a camera with the ps4 slows down development of certain features of the ps4 and also the ps eye.

Yup. Just look at all the games using the sixaxis.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 94 (457 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013

I don't care honestly. I hate motion games as it is, so the only reason I would care is if there were some kind of video chat app, like Skype, through which I can chat with my fiancee' who lives abroad and won't be able to get a PS4 for a while.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 94 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5508 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013

I am glad Sony did not include PS Eye with PS4. I don't want to be forced to buy PS Eye with PS4. My PS3 is 6 years old and I just got a PS Eye for my PS3 just last year. I have used PS Eye on my PS3 maybe 3 times. I am not into "Video Chats" and I don't like PS Eye games.

tumblr_mdx104yNNj1rlbx19o2_500.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 94 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Jul 4, 2013

As a Game Design student @ Full Sail University I feel their decision to remove the camera from the package to drop the price was a terrible one.  They hands down beat Microsoft @ E3 2013 regardless of the price being $100 dollars less… really they could have gone with their original plan and nothing would be different.

As a future developer Sony not packaging their camera with every console means that the users that can play a game that REQUIRES the camera is significantly less… so what is my motivation to support their camera?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 94 (445 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Jul 4, 2013
It's good for us since we don't have to pay as much for the console, but it's a bad business move. I'm sure they wanted to make the Eye a big thing this gen, but it's never going to happen now since it's very much optional.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 94 (437 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2039 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Kevin-D-Lee wrote:

As a Game Design student @ Full Sail University I feel their decision to remove the camera from the package to drop the price was a terrible one.  They hands down beat Microsoft @ E3 2013 regardless of the price being $100 dollars less… really they could have gone with their original plan and nothing would be different.

As a future developer Sony not packaging their camera with every console means that the users that can play a game that REQUIRES the camera is significantly less… so what is my motivation to support their camera?

Maybe you could make a game that makes want to buy the camera for. I know a few people that bought the PS Eye for Sorcery.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 94 (436 Views)
0 Likes