Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Yup I hear ya there, however if sony did it would have been less for video chating and more for knowing everyone has one to use that information to implement facial recognition ( at some point ) or maybe things of a similar nature.. in games and honestly I wish the ps4 came with an ps eye, however I know at this point its probably more of a gimmick then a serious gaming tool but you got to start some where.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 94 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013
The reason you do not see any good PS eye games is because the number of people that own the device does not measure up to what developers would need to make a profitable AAA game.

IF Sony forced people to get the camera with the console that makes for a 100% user-base with the device thus making AAA games that use the camera a viable option for developers.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 94 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

If they did include it I wouldn't even be buying both consoles, i would only be buying the ps4.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 94 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13331 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Don't even think the PS eye should exist...

Nor should Kinect or that Wii motion controller.

Seriously.. anything that pushes people to move around rather than use a control pad... Should be terminated.. Before we all end up in a gaming world where everyone is playing clones of Wii Fit.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 94 (181 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 4, 2013

But I think there is more to those devices or at least the kinect and the eye then just intending for you to move.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 94 (178 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2083 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Kevin-D-Lee wrote:
The reason you do not see any good PS eye games is because the number of people that own the device does not measure up to what developers would need to make a profitable AAA game.

IF Sony forced people to get the camera with the console that makes for a 100% user-base with the device thus making AAA games that use the camera a viable option for developers.

Sony "forced" the Sixaxis in the DS3, and look how far that got.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 94 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 4, 2013

its not having that darn facial / mood recognition that is killing me and i know that has to be one of the most trivial features of those devices.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 94 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Jul 4, 2013

It was the right choice to make. The decision not to include the PS Eye in the PS 4 allowed them to set a lower price point than Microsoft. This can only boost sales, as this will be a reverse of the PS 3 fiasco.

Despite the fact that the base model of the PS 3 was $499.99 at launch and included, from the start, Blu-Ray player, rechargable controller, Wi-Fi, Blu-tooth connection,  backwards compatibility with the PS 1 & PS 2, and a much bigger initial HDD than the 360, the bulk of the consumers out there only saw the $399.99 base price of the XBox 360 vs the $499.99 base price point. Never mind that to make the 360 equal to the PS 3, you had to buy a separate HD drive to play the HD discs, a wi-fi adapter to give it a wireless connection, a separate HDD, plus $50 to play online with your friends, you were shelling out far more than the more expensive $599.99 PS 3 model.

So yes, I think this was the right thing to do. Microsoft has already damaged relations with consumers with the XBox One's reveal and subsequent backpedaling on their more controversial decisions. The higher price point will hurt them with the average consumer.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 94 (164 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11161 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Kevin-D-Lee wrote:

Yeah because forcing Kinect on the masses is such a grand idea. The original Kinect worked so well for MS that they had to force its implementation in their new system.

No offense, but I am quite glad the PS Eye is optional because motion gaming bites big time. I do not want to wave my flabby arms at my game console to manipulate the menus. I do not want to talk to my game system to get it to do what I want. Heck I can barely get my 14 year old daughter to listen to me, why would the game console listen any better?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 94 (154 Views)
MVP Support
6779 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I technically don't see a problem with the Eye not being included on the PS4 because I think it would be pointless to bundle it alongside the console since it isn't mandatory to use it in order to play your games.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 94 (152 Views)
0 Likes