PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

its not having that darn facial / mood recognition that is killing me and i know that has to be one of the most trivial features of those devices.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you're saying, but personally I don't want my console to recognize my face or my mood. If it recognizes my face it'll probably shatter. If it recognizes my mood, it'll never work for me and that'll only make me far more irritable.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 94 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 94 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I will use a controller forever. I don't want to look like a Goon flailing my arms around like a derpy person that's gone full R3.T4RD.

photo BBSIGANIMATED_zpsbd119225.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 94 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Generaly 80% + of the camera/motion games are just terrible. They (m$ mainly) want me to buy a periphial on the fact that maybe, just maybe, they make something worth playing...

No thanks.

I'll continue to use my common sense and not spend my money on things I cant enjoy.

Would you buy a car if there were no roads to drive it on?

Do you buy clothes you cant wear?
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 94 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Well at the same time you may not want a camera staring at you if you have been gaming for a long time it would be cool to see a game interact with your mood... or some AI calling back to you if you ask if someone is out there, i'm not trying to bash anything but come on if you aren't interested in stuff like that at least as an option just to goof off with then idk what to say

I understand that people don't want to move or jump around but at a point it seems weird people wouldn't want these features perfected for future goodies, i think people aren't getting the fact that these motion devices aren't all about you being mobile.

For example just think of Role Playing Games like Fallout series...

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 94 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Besides the fact that my "game" does not need to interact with me. I interact with the game. Games robots and other machinery does not need to know my mood.
The first time I hear a robot ask me "are you ok" or attempt to tell me to do something, Im going to dismantle it.

Any else seeing how bad things can effect being human?

Know anything about targeted advertising?

What about re-education?
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 94 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Sometimes you got to put up with a little bad to get to something really good...

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 94 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I'll be more concered when they use finger prints to sign into gaming accounts.. not paranoid over simple facial recognition that could be used in really cool ways and that I know you have in your laptop... or voice commands that I know probably exist in your phone.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 94 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Frankly, it's a rather easy case. Either they'll deliver a real must-have title for the PS Eye and then anyone will get the camera anyway and it'll introduce motion gaming to a broad audience.

And if they don't manage to offer such a must-have title, then it's a worthless gimmick and shouldn't be an enforced purchase for everyone.

So yes, Sony did the right thing. Either Eye can stand up for itself or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 94 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 4, 2013

I'm elated.

Sony will sell far more PS4 systems without a forced camera jacking up the price. 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 94 (154 Views)
0 Likes