Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013
@ golwar however even a hit title may not give developers the sense of security that a first day release bundle of the eye would give

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 31 of 94 (237 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11171 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

Well at the same time you may not want a camera staring at you if you have been gaming for a long time it would be cool to see a game interact with your mood... or some AI calling back to you if you ask if someone is out there, i'm not trying to bash anything but come on if you aren't interested in stuff like that at least as an option just to goof off with then idk what to say

I understand that people don't want to move or jump around but at a point it seems weird people wouldn't want these features perfected for future goodies, i think people aren't getting the fact that these motion devices aren't all about you being mobile.

For example just think of Role Playing Games like Fallout series...

I primarily play RPG games. Fallout. Mass Effect. Final Fantasy. Dragon Quest. Tales of. Dragon Age. Et cetera. I do not want motion gaming in my RPGs. For some it might be fascinating to imagine a more interactive gaming experience. But if you lived with my pain, or any disability that makes basic gaming hard, like some do, believe me, interactive is not kosher. I prefer non painful gaming. Thank you though.

Message 32 of 94 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

@ Warlock I understand completely man, But what you aren't understanding is the devices have little to do with mobility even though they are indeed motion devices and no one would force you to use these features, I'm talking about cool features that wouldn't require it to play a game but would enhance the experience if you wanted, and I'm sure as more time goes on more features we can't even think of right now that have nothing to do with motion would be set in place, also not to sound rude but we are talking about the advancement of technology with hardware and software as a whole, this of course would all be optional in a perfect world, meaning they wouldn't require you to need these things to play the games that took advantage of them, so honestly I don't see why just because a certain group of people couldn't enjoy every feature, that now somehow the entire device isn't a good idea for everyone?

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 33 of 94 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Doesn't bother me one bit. I'm actually glad they got rid of it to make the system $100 cheaper. Very smart move. Let's face it, PS Eye and PS Move are niche at best.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 34 of 94 (208 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

@ W1Z4RDRY I just think it would have improved the current devices immensely, or at least provide information to make a competing eye next time that could crush the kinect, considering that is the only place sony even lacks, it would make the community that much bigger and probably even hurt the MS xbox 360 consumer base a tad bit more then they already did

I know these are all opinions, I just feel like there is a bit of denial floating around and everyone keeps thinking of Wii fit and how it sucks to not use a controller but I think the problem is everyone keeps thinking these motion controls are mainly for motion, i have a feeling the ps eye and kinect will be anything but just motion, if you really think of all the possibilities or understand there is no way we could even do so, and that it has nothing to do with controllerless workouts, it then becomes a tad bit disappointing to myself. However not enough for me to dislike the system as a whole or even close, but I know sony knows what I know and what most people know and even if they keep trying to tell their main consumer base that its all like wii fit i think its just because they don't want to venture down that road, it can become far more complex.

Message 35 of 94 (203 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2155 posts

Jul 4, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

@ Warlock I understand completely man, But what you aren't understanding is the devices have little to do with mobility even though they are indeed motion devices and no one would force you to use these features, I'm talking about cool features that wouldn't require it to play a game but would enhance the experience if you wanted, and I'm sure as more time goes on more features we can't even think of right now that have nothing to do with motion would be set in place, also not to sound rude but we are talking about the advancement of technology with hardware and software as a whole, this of course would all be optional in a perfect world, meaning they wouldn't require you to need these things to play the games that took advantage of them, so honestly I don't see why just because a certain group of people couldn't enjoy every feature, that now somehow the entire device isn't a good idea for everyone?

Just because you provide something for the developers, doesn't mean they will use it. Sony is removing the pressure sensitive buttons in the DS4 because devs barley used it in the DS2 and DS3. Only a handful of games have used the sixaxis. 

Message 36 of 94 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I understand Exmimic I just believe that there is a chance it could have worked in their favor, however they didn't even take the chance they just rolled when it came to the ps eye.

If they took a chance and won at this point in the game ( or even the next few points with how MS's PR is going ) It would not have been a swift kick that microsoft could in theory recover from especially with their pocket books, it would have been a devastating blow.

They don't have to go copy microsoft either, there are many different options for the eye, especially when you employ and pay certain people to be really good thinkers.

Message 37 of 94 (197 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2155 posts

Jul 4, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

I understand Exmimic I just believe that there is a chance it could have worked in their favor, however they didn't even take the chance they just rolled when it came to the ps eye.

Developers had a chance to use analog buttons, and sixaxis too, but they chose not too. Sony made the right choose by forcing us to get a camera for a tiny chance the developers will use it.

Message 38 of 94 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

I don't believe with the current mainstream ideals that it would have been a tiny chance. If there was any time to get it off the ground it would be now in my opinion.

The problem isn't that we all hate or love the idea, the problem is that the kinect is a power house, it sparks interest in people gamers or not. I don't believe the kinect is a bad idea or that it will fail or go away anytime soon, it will most likely only become more impressive, and sony should probably recognize that, i'm not saying start a whole line of PS eye games and ignore real games or even implement a ton of ps eye features in regular games, i'm talking about simply putting 1 piece of hardware in 1 box that could have been done fairly easily.

Message 39 of 94 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 4, 2013
actually pretty glad that it wasn't included. but i will mostly likely purchase it just to have it.
Message 40 of 94 (181 Views)
0 Likes