Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3359 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013
The new dual eye camera is for the tracking of the remote. Without that you won't be able to use the ps4..
So at a business stand point it was a good decision.
But as a consumer it is yet another expense for the ps4.
Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 94 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 4, 2013
^ Wrong. There is nothing that says you need the camera for the PS4 to work. They implemented features in the DS4 to work with the camera, but left it out to keep the cost down. They are pretty much screwing themselves for doing it.
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 94 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Who cares about that **bleep** thing im sorry but its just a camera last i herd it was not something alot of people wanted

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 94 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jul 4, 2013
What would we use the camera for? My fear is that if they had packaged it with the console, developers would be forced to implement it somehow. And if not, then it would be a big waste of money. What place does the camera have in games like the last of us? Killzone? BF4? COD? NHL? NBA 2K? The PS Eye and Kinect are NOT the evolution of gaming, but they are required accessories for a separate market. It's like how you need the Wii board for Wii fit.

If you can only use it for CERTAIN games or if it can't be used for a good majority of genres, such as those where you have the freedom to move forward, back, left, and right, then it shouldn't be mandatory and we shouldn't HAVE to pay for it.

And to the future developer that's posting in this thread: do yourself a favor and read what people here and other forums are saying. They're your core gamers. Take note from Sony and appeal to the gamer, not the casual. Gamers want nothing to do with motion control.
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 94 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1379 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Kevin-D-Lee wrote:
The reason you do not see any good PS eye games is because the number of people that own the device does not measure up to what developers would need to make a profitable AAA game.

IF Sony forced people to get the camera with the console that makes for a 100% user-base with the device thus making AAA games that use the camera a viable option for developers.

While I understand, I think that if developers did start making great games that used the eye that people would want, then sales for the eye would take off. You can't just sell the eye and make crappy games for it and expect people to go out and buy said games if they are crappy and un-appealing, whats the point in making the eye then if there are no good games? Thats sort of the whole issue for me, when I had my 360 I never got the kinect, because 1 it just didn't appeal to me, and 2 they never made any interesting or good games for it, so why waste my money?

I'm glad they didn't package the eye. I like options, and especially the option to not have to buy the eye when i don't skype or anything like that, and there are really no interesting games shown to me so far for the eye in the future.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 94 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

I don't believe with the current mainstream ideals that it would have been a tiny chance. If there was any time to get it off the ground it would be now in my opinion.

The problem isn't that we all hate or love the idea, the problem is that the kinect is a power house, it sparks interest in people gamers or not. I don't believe the kinect is a bad idea or that it will fail or go away anytime soon, it will most likely only become more impressive, and sony should probably recognize that, i'm not saying start a whole line of PS eye games and ignore real games or even implement a ton of ps eye features in regular games, i'm talking about simply putting 1 piece of hardware in 1 box that could have been done fairly easily.

WRONG, Kinect isn't a powerhouse, and most people I know do not want a camera with their gaming console. Not even Microsoft has shown anything impressive with games using their new Kinect. Actually it's quite the opposite that even these one time 360 Kinect games like RYSE, and Crimson Dragon showed off NOTHING on the Xbone while using Kinect. = It's so hilariously bad, that these games now use the controller instead.

With Microsoft and developers not being able to figure out ways to make Kinect better than a controller for gameplay, then this new Kinect already failed as a game console device.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 94 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Mike I think you will be surprised. I don't think the goal is to perfect pure motion games.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 94 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 4, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
Mike I think you will be surprised. I don't think the goal is to perfect pure motion games.

Then what? Please elaborate what has been shown with games that makes this new Kinect so amazing? 

You expect it to work along with the controller in your hands? Yeah, so what will be so amazing about that?

You think Voice controls will work amazingly well this time? So? that ability can be done in software while you use a headset/mic combo like Rainbow Six 3 did on the Original XBOX.

Nothing you can say or conjure up out of your butt will make me believe Kinect is a good idea for gaming. I seriously doubt most gamers will want to mess with a camera, or like the idea that it's mandatory to be plugged into your game console for the console to work. Nah, that is just dumb! 

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 94 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Haha someone is angry, Let us see after this console generation. PS4 is amazing and is at the moment more promising than the xbox one as of right now... but right now doesn't always matter and Remember we aren't just talking about what you like, or even what this entire forum likes. Like I said before maybe you just don't know what you want because you aren't thinking outside the " box "

If I were them I would have built that sucker right into the console but maybe they are saving that for another time.

It's like sony doesn't want to completely destory microsoft just sort of slap them in the face.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 94 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13331 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Seriously.

They could save money if they didn't impliment features to work with cameras. they could save money if they evaded motion controls.

The backlash Microsoft receicved tells you that people do not want to be jumping around. Gaming is and always will be best played with a controller in both hands using the thumb sticks.

Barring that a mouse and keyboard is second best.

I don't understand the Wii crowd who think it's the saving grace of gaming... Really.

the day we are all playing motion control games is the day I quit gaming.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 94 (138 Views)
0 Likes