Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

You are mistaken with your logic.. kinect is not intended for pure kinect games to be developed, simply incorporated with gaming in mind.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 94 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Re: Ps4 Question * What do you think of them not including the ps eye with the ps4

Jul 5, 2013

Just to pour fuel on the fire here.  Not that I am agreeing with anyone, but I believe it is very possible to create an RPG that is very compelling, that uses a kenect style motion controller.

If used in conjunction with a hand held control for long distance walking / running. 

It would work like this, a controller would be used for major movement through the map.  Once you encounter an enemy, the game would dynamically designate a combat area around your character, that equals the size of the room you are playing in.  I believe the scanning feature of the camera can determine this.

During combat you are allowed free form movement.  That is where ever you physically move in your playing area, is translated to your character in the corresponding combat area in the game. 

The motion controller would then allow you to melee fight with your movements translated to the in game character.  So you could go seamlessly from Melee weapon to hand to hand, to any movement you can think of to defend yourself.

Weapon selection would be triggered by certain movements around certain body parts.  Like the act of unsheathing a sword, would select / de-select the sword weapon.  Reaching back to a quiver would select / de-select a bow, etc.

With full motion tracking you could even combine the attacks, like swinging with your sword and then kicking the opponent right afterwards.  Just like you were actual fighting the opponent, in the same physically sized space as the room you are playing in.

Once combat is over, you once again use the controller to walk beyond the area of the combat zone.

This level of immersion would be perfectly suited to an RPG like game.  Imagine playing Skyrim, with a control system like this.  It would be like actually being the Dragon Born.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 94 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1382 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

You may see examples this generation, I would definitely not call the kinect 2.0 the future of gaming.. i would call it the future of microsoft and definitely not useless.. and microsoft being a competitor of sony, sony should care about their fancy new toy.. and I would also call it interesting even borderline fascinating.. far more interesting then whatever extra devices sony is trying to include.

You would be surprised how far a gimmick can take you.

Funny you say it will be the future, when I've seen and read maybe 80%-85% of people that either don't want it, or aren't interested in it. For something to be the future, it has to be liked and wanted well, which right now, the kinect isn't imo. If the kinect is the future for microsoft, than microsoft can kiss my money goodbye for the rest of the gaming generations, until or if they ever ditch it. You want a good example? I bought the Wii a year or two after it was released, played it alot at first, then it just got old. It got old having to move around and get up all the time to play motion games. Its not that I'm not in shape, its just that when I come home from a long day at work, getting up and moving around to play a game is the last thing I want to do. Then you got the camera, I don't believe for a sec that microsoft will not have the ability to access the camera. Sorry, call me scared or paranoid, but after all the crap microsoft has just pulled, I don't trust them anymore. If the government wants you to do something or tells you to, you listen and do it, you don't say "oh we told them we wouldn't spy or give out their info"

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 94 (293 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

I love how people don't even read the entire thread before they post anything, I'm not going to respond to stupidity anymore, As stated 100 times it has nothing to do with the WII or even getting up and moving to play, and someone gave you Kudos? Don't you understand It has nothing to do with what has already been re hashed 1000 times by things like the wii? It isn't a replica it is something completely different you just aren't aware enough to see it.. and If you are worried about the government make sure you throw out your phone, IDs, your Car if you even own one, burn down your house and then go live in the woods, and after you live in the woods make sure to burn your finger prints off if you ever used a bank before in your life or been detained by the police, and after that make sure to use facial reconstruction surgery for all the cameras that indeed have facial recognition all over the world and that have been watching you longer than the xbox one

I seriously hope the next responder takes the time to read all 8 pages, otherwise don't even bother as it will be a re hashing of the same thing over and over

Oh and make sure somehow you go and delete your birth from the system as that is also recorded...

the fact that people are paranoid over xbox one with these trillion dollar satellites floating in the sky pointed down at us like WTH really are you guys this dumb?

People don't like it because people don't have any future sight.. they think oh my god I have to move my fat @#$ I don't want to that makes me angry give me a controller and it has nothing to do with that...

If by the end game of the kinect they simply replicate what the WII is doing? you think microsoft with their billions is that stupid?? This has nothing to do with pure kinect or motion games.

The reason my response is more hostile than normal is not because of the fact we all don't agree, that is fair enough.. My problem is people keep posting without reading and repeating what was said before them and frankly the stupidity is starting to make me itch.

And you know what is funny to all you paranoid people out there? After you just completed the horrid list I wrote to escape from the governments eye they most likely could STILL know who you are by dental records.. so don't forget those teeth...

When it is all said and done most likely in 50 years there will be body scan identification anyway, it won't just be your finger prints, most likely everything about you including finger prints and much more personal information from your nut size to your arm length... if you are paranoid over the xbox one you should run right now...

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 94 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
133 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I'm glad they didn't as I don't really need it and it would push the price higher than I can really justify paying for.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 94 (276 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4177 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

But hey.. at least we get a "headset" in every box now....

Sony = Two steps forward, 1 step back.

As I've been saying since E3: The PS4 will be the 360 of next gen. And that comment isn't necessarily a complete compliment nor a complete insult. Various "cons" people had to say about the 360 this past gen.. yeah, that is PS4 now, people. :smileyhappy:

But, with that, so will (hopefully) come the pros.

How is including a headset two steps forward and one step back?

I feel you are wrong about that analogy. I don't believe the PS4 will suffer because of RRoDs, every PS4 comes with a hard drive, Has HDMi (Unlike the 360 at first), and is liked far more in Japan/Europe. = That is NOTHNG like the 360, so what are those cons you talk about without an explination?  

Okay, I can see you are one of those highly defensive types. :smileyhappy:

I'll try to explain myself a bit better..

I said two steps forward, one step back, because:

Sony is now including a headset with every PS4 (unlike PS3) yet not including the PS Camera.

MS is including a kinect with every Xbox One, but Sony is removing the original rumored PS Camera in every box, to lower the price -- Which is understandable.

The 360 launched with a headset in every box. It came out a year before the PS3 and was the cheaper of the two.

Because of that, the online community was much more larger (and dedicated) than the PS3 community -- and they even paid for it!

A con for this, was there were a lot more "young" gamers online.

PS3 comes out, does not include a headset, but has free online. Because it was the more expensive of the 2, there were a lot less "kids" on PSN. (but this soon changed over time / after the price drop.) The online community is / was much more less dedicated than 360. (More people play MP games on 360, use mics, join online tournaments, etc.)

Now, when I say PS4 will be the 360 of next gen, here is what I am saying: (Take them as pros, cons, or however the hell you want.)

• It will be the cheaper of the 2 consoles: So this means more "young" gamers online, at launch -- with headsets, included with the console.
  • We pay for online multiplayer now -- When fanboys / loyalists used to say that was a con for owning a 360.
  • A better online network and a larger (more dedicated) online multiplayer base.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 94 (276 Views)
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Nah, I'm not defensive at all, more of a realist ,and I'll explain to you why when I have more time

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 94 (267 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4177 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

Nah, I'm not defensive at all, more of a realist ,and I'll explain to you why when I have more time

Then we're both alike, friend. I'm a realist too. I'm not an "Xbot" trying to ruffle PS3 "fanboys" feathers here.

PlayStation has been my favorite console since the first one launched.

I bought a PS3 at launch (sold my car to do it) and got a 360 just a few years ago (was given to me.)

I've always been a multi-platform owner -- A gamer. Not a "fanboy" or a 1 console owner.

Each has something to offer, in my opinion.

No need to explain yourself to me. You wanted me to explain my comment a bit more, so I did.

We can just leave it at that. :smileyhappy:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 94 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jul 5, 2013

To be honest, with the PS3... I got 3 Eye Toys for Free, when I bought Games that they came with...

So I own 3 Eye Toys, & didn't even really pay for them...

However, without an Eye Toy, you can't Play great games such as Sports Champions, & whatever...

If those Eye Toys came with the Console it's self, it might make Games a lot cheaper...

The Problem however, is that there really wasn't any Games worth buying for the Eye Toy...

If they really want to Market the Eye Toy, they'd put more thought into it, & supply us with much better Games...

So with that said, I think the PS4 would be a Bonus to have the Eye Toy with it, but at the same time
would anyone care to even use it, probably not...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 94 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

Oh I forgot about pretty much the fact they have your DNA on record if you have gone to a hospital and they did certain tests... RUN PEOPLE RUN ( Fun Fact! ) If you are sick and go to the hospital for say to check your blood for illness... for whatever reason, be it intoxication, disease, autoimmune.. they are allowed to actually KEEP some of your blood ( and it doesnt have to be for the current tests they are running on you when they drew it ), they won't inform you either... people are so in the dark idk how they haven't broken every single one of their toes by now. They have control and view over every part of your life just think about it

Once you understand we are all ready doomed then you can stop worrying and enjoy the little things.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 94 (247 Views)
0 Likes